Your Goals at the Track

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Tony, U can just hang out & walk around pretty much any were. LACR has a good vibe about it :beer: ( NO PUNKS YET :beer: )

Dan, Gifted drivers are rare :bash:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by captain4g63
There is no way in hell anyone could ever hit that time at C-bad....Oh wait no there was one guy with a k&n that ran a 12.805 @ 110.82.
:burnout:

Way to pat YOURSELF on the back there Dan.:p

stang99

Yes, I was bummed that no one got a photo of our burnout. I caleld Danny Swanson and told him what happened to my car and he is going to fix that for me this Friday between 10-11, along with a few other little things.

See, I told you that giant smokey burnouts were a kick in the ass. That was the first time in my entire drag racing career that I hear the fans screaming in the bleachers. It was nice and then my car let me down for the run and you missed a shift. Frustrating isn't it?

Originally posted by SonicVenum
There is no better burnout team! The next one HAS TO BE ON VIDEO.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Now that I now how to roast them, I should be able to live in the 12s at LACR. With some ET Streets, I think I can hit 11s at C-bad. Maybe.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Danny is very talkative. He wants me to run the numbers. Got to have some Cobras represent because the Lightnings that he tunes are totally bad assed. I was asking him why my Cobra was hours slower than the Lightnings and he said that I needed to get a flip chip and run 100 octane. I guess when I have 500/500 RW I will be able to run consistent 12's at LACR?

Yeah i told him i need a freaking Race Tune my self. Since i got the flip switch im just going to convert that over ;-)

Told him im running a few MPH slower then every one else due to possible my rich tune....

BUT it could be me as well u know...Nah my 60' @ LACR should of netted me a higher MPH then 107.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
You were cooking at C-Bad, so who knows. They sell racing fuel at LACR. Maybe Danny can give me a 95.5 octane 50/50 tune and get a little more timing into the car. At LACR, with the altitude, that should be safe. At lower tracks, I'd have to approach 100 octane to be safe.

Hum. Well i dont think we will go to C-bad again any time soon do u?

So 94 Octane tune i would go for...damn u will have to teach me the calculation of doing the math on the gas.

stang99

It's linear. So, I multiply the gals by the octane and then divide by the total gallons. Example: 4 gallons of 100 octane added to 8 gallons of 91 octane. 4 X 100 = 400 + 8 X 91 = 728. 728 + 400 = 1128/12=94 octane. Easy to do.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I don't know about a flip chip. I've heard of not so good results from them. Maybe it's something the user is doing wrong though. Franky seemed to be doing just fine with his.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Well, Tetge, remember that you also had the largest pulley of the pullied cars. With the exception of Allan and I, I think everyone had 2.80s. You just can't expect to compete with that big 'ol 3.00.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Do you remember what you said to me the first time we met, and I told you I had 4.10s? What happened, it took a couple beatings to change your mind?

stang99

Exactly. Your 4.10 did not seem to be hurting your car's performance since you were pulling up on me on the top end and getting representative 60' times. I decided that 4.10's seemed to be working fairly well.

QUOTE]Originally posted by SonicVenum
Do you remember what you said to me the first time we met, and I told you I had 4.10s? What happened, it took a couple beatings to change your mind? [/QUOTE]

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
It's linear. So, I multiply the gals by the octane and then divide by the total gallons. Example: 4 gallons of 100 octane added to 8 gallons of 91 octane. 4 X 100 = 400 + 8 X 91 = 728. 728 + 400 = 1128/12=94 octane. Easy to do.

Your exacty right P. Next time someone tries to tell you a 16 oz bottle of some octane booster will give you 100+ octane in your 5 gallon tank, you'll know they need to pull out their 8-bit hatachi calculator and rethink that.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
Do you remember what you said to me the first time we met, and I told you I had 4.10s? What happened, it took a couple beatings to change your mind?

What! You have 4.10s?!

Users who are viewing this thread