Your Goals at the Track

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
All the freaking Challenges by our trouble maker James & Instigated by P. :burn: what goals is every one aiming for :shrug:?

I'll be happy with a 11.9xx at LACR / on paper.
Granted id need some few little mods & a whole lota practice :eek: Think that would make me very happy & id stop the mod crazzzzzzeeee streak.......:shrug:

Last edited:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I'm thinking baby steps. So, my immediate goals would be a 12.5-12.6 at LACR, and a 12.1x at C-bad. And this is on the Nittos.

If I were to run slicks, I'd say 12.3x at LACR and 11.9x at C-bad.

At least now I know I can melt them!:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

stang99

I would be happy with consistent 12's every time, anywhere. And, I'd like to learn how to shift without freaking out because I am leaving ET on the table with my 60''s and my slow shifting. Of course I would like to win a few grudge races, but, you don't have to have a faster ET to win those because you can tree the other person and they also might choke. I enjoy drag racing and I don't want to install a legal cage in my coupe so 11's, although highly desirable, would be the turning point between a daily driver and a race car since LACR will toss you for 11's. C-Bad is a very loose place rules wise, but, they are also inconsistent. They might enforce the rules if you start showing up regularly and running too fast without safety equiptment. They were definitely mellow Saturday.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
we did ours via b&d racing. it all depends on where you're located. if you're closer to wherever xmp is (fountain valley?) go there. i've heard nothing but complements from their customers. but if you're in the san fernando valley or la, come to b&d over here in canoga park (818) 992-FAST. the one they made fits perfectly in our vert and i'm sure they can do the same for your coupe.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
O.K....just made up my mind. 11's all the time will make me damn happy at LACR.

Mod's.... to get me to that point.
6lb Lower Pulley. Different Jetting's on the Nitrous (Yes Mom i will finish the system :rolleyes: ), Battery Relocation, & Seat's Cobra or Corbeur <sp> (Rear Delete).

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Im going to XMP for that. Damn i thinking of turning this car into a full drag car now :bash: Freaking James & P. :cuss:
Hello Becky? Thinking about it??? :bored:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
:lol:

my other short term goal is to not break anything in the driveline. :)

:dw:

I had wheel hop in almost every trip to the track in the exception of maybe 3 times. Some harder then other times but thats not even counting the encounter at the streets :nonono:

You will be good Allan :beer: Remember i got alot of miles vs u do & it holding together just fine, i thinkg :smmon:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
Hello Becky? Thinking about it??? :bored:

Well if i havent taken any actions.....thats Equals out to be just a thought right?

Now if i called JDM & ordered the 6lbs lower that wouldnt be just thinking about it. Oh wait.....im waiting on Ant Knee to call me back for the price :( :kaboom:

Oh well.

REVISED..... Street Legal 11sec car. :p

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
There has been a change of plans. I want to go 11's at LACR and get thrown out. This would be cheaper in the long run than continuing to run there hoping for the 12's.

:lol:

Thats the Plan P. ;-) Thats the Plan :beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
I wish I were a sandbagger because I would have beat Juan at C-Bad and run a good time to equal cars on F1's which were much faster than me if I had more.

See....... If u had it....which u do.

Well i guess u will be content in being Juan's Bitch :p

Orange Poison

Established Member
I know it's not possible at LACR......but has anyone hit 12.9X or below with just intake and exhaust at C-bad, Fontana or any other Cali 1/4 track?

This would be my goal....to break into the high, high 12's with intake and exhaust. I know all the back east boys do it all the time, but because of their better gas, tracks and sea-level altitude it's more easily attainable.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
I know it's not possible at LACR......but has anyone hit 12.9X or below with just intake and exhaust at C-bad, Fontana or any other Cali 1/4 track?

This would be my goal....to break into the high, high 12's with intake and exhaust. I know all the back east boys do it all the time, but because of their better gas, tracks and sea-level altitude it's more easily attainable.

Uhm.... i dont think so. Just our Tracks arent all that well prepped but LACR has been doing an O.K. Job lately IMO.

Tony u should go with us to the Sal's Mustang Day. If the prep is going to be all that James & P. is talking about its possible.

:beer:

Orange Poison

Established Member
Dave,

I'll probably head out there for Sal's....went out there last year. It was pretty fun to spectate.

I don't know if i'll run though.....I still stuck on the idea that my car is a premadonna.:shrug: :nonono:

Will they let you over on the side to park where all the racers go if you don't race?

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison

There is no way in hell anyone could ever hit that time at C-bad....Oh wait no there was one guy with a k&n that ran a 12.805 @ 110.82.
:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread