Your choice of wax

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I totally agree, it was no fair to compare 3 coats of KSG to the Collonite 845. When you consider it took me an entire weekend to layer the KSG (12 hour cure time per coat) against the 25 minutes for one coat of the 845 that looked and beaded better. I wont be using anything else on my vehicles in the foreseeable future.

I will say two coats of KSG looked better on my fusion and made the metallics pop more but for a DD id gladly lose a bit of pop to gain a metric ****tonne of durability.

Now gonna do the Spyder in it likely tomorrow......

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I will say two coats of KSG looked better on my fusion and made the metallics pop more but for a DD id gladly lose a bit of pop to gain a metric ****tonne of durability.

Now gonna do the Spyder in it likely tomorrow......

I still like the 845 best on metal flake paint. I have used it on a sheer silver Altima with flake, a blue pearl Legacy and my sonic blue Cobra. Out of all three it is always my Altima that shows off the 845 the best, the flakes are brighter with the 845 over the KSG.

Jroc

Established Member
How many times has this question beeen asked?

Yes Collinite #845 > others for a durable, and protective wax that's easy to apply and remove. Collinite #426 > others if you feel like dealing with a paste wax. Collinite also leaves an excellent finish. I've used it for years and love it. People claim it stinks, but it just smell industrial, but not bad or anything.

It even takes a lot less wax to cover the car so a bottle will last a lot longer than most other waxes, and that will actually save you in cost in the long run. It applies super easy, and really wet.(like a thick water or something) You'll understand if you use it.
Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax 845 : Amazon.com : Automotive

Last edited:

Dadz500

Established Member
I am a firm believer in Zaino for all of my cars and my Wife's car, for my Daughters it's Meguires NXT, fast and easy. But on all my cars I love the layering of the Zaino and it is so easy to use.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Just tried Meguires Ultimate Liquid wax and really liked it. Used my Makita rotary on the lowest speed with a Meguires finishing pad to apply then used the cloth it came with to buff off. Results were great on my black Cobra. I have been using Meguires NXT 2.0 for the previous couple years and this applys a little easier.

Dadz500

Established Member
Just ordered the Z Kit from Zaino. I will let you know what I think of it next week!

You will love it. Once the first coat is on, the next two will go on so easy, that is, if you do 3 coats at a time which is the most you can do in 24 hours.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Just collonite'd my dads boat. Cant wait to see how it looks in the water. Should fly across the lake now on a buffer of collonite between the hull and water.

Jroc

Established Member
Just collonite'd my dads boat. Cant wait to see how it looks in the water. Should fly across the lake now on a buffer of collonite between the hull and water.

It actually took you "Thomas91169" this long to try out some Collinite #845 which is like the most awesomeriest wax ever???

I thought you were one of those people who's hobby was to detail your car every weekend?

The reason I don't like to use it on my wheels is the waxes dried finish blends into my wheels machined finish and I never end up getting all of it off my wheels and then when they start to get a little dirty again you really start to notice the wax you missed on the wheels.

myblackgt

MPG LOL
Established Member
i LOVE Chemical Guys Pete's 53! best LSP ive used. ive got autoglym hd on my truck now. its been on a few weeks, still beading pretty good; about to put another coat or two on with winter coming up. Collinite 845 is ehh compared to those two.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
BFWD is a great sealant, #845 last longer for me and the main reason I use it on all the DD in my family.

Pete's 53 is a carnauba wax great look but not as good protection as #845, I normally use #845 for protection and then top with a carnauba for the look. I use S100 right now but would love to try pete's 53.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Anything that is not a show car I use Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

myblackgt

MPG LOL
Established Member
BFWD is a great sealant, #845 last longer for me and the main reason I use it on all the DD in my family.

Pete's 53 is a carnauba wax great look but not as good protection as #845, I normally use #845 for protection and then top with a carnauba for the look. I use S100 right now but would love to try pete's 53.
i have seen a comparison between the two and a few more. Pete's 53 outlasted 845 by a good bit.

Users who are viewing this thread