Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
Hey all! Im trying to decide on rims for my cobra trying to go with a big and little drag setup on my quest for removing as much rotational mass as possible.
Problem is that the track is over 60 miles away so I have to drive it on the street I dont want to hit one pothole and be done with.
Ive searched and read so many different topics on different rims im turned around in circles of what to choose so i narrowed it down to a poll. Price is not an issue here I just want to find the best choice while minimizing messups that might happen if there is something in the road I cant avoid or turn my long tube headers into scrap. Post advice on rims or problems you have had with rims :D

Remember price is NOT an issue just want the best chance to keep my rims intact while looking good at the same time.
Thanks for the help!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I picked up a set of the Jeg's 15" Pro Star II's for the track only...Light & fit well with a 1" spacer up front!!

w1-2.jpg

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
I like CCWs alot espically the classics but im worried that they will be too heavy for me at 20ish pounds :/

black 10th vert

Established Member
I like CCWs alot espically the classics but im worried that they will be too heavy for me at 20ish pounds :/

Honestly, all wheels that are DOT certified for use on public roads are going to be in that range, or even heavier. Anything lighter is going to be in the custom billet, or cast of very lightweight material like magnesium, and not be something designed for the rigors of true street driving where potholes, curbs, etc., may be encountered. You really should be looking at 2 different sets of wheels, if you want super light for the track inmo.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Honestly, all wheels that are DOT certified for use on public roads are going to be in that range, or even heavier. Anything lighter is going to be in the custom billet, or cast of very lightweight material like magnesium, and not be something designed for the rigors of true street driving where potholes, curbs, etc., may be encountered. You really should be looking at 2 different sets of wheels, if you want super light for the track inmo.

I'm pretty sure that was tongue-in-cheek by slow2002gt :-D :lol::lol:

the 3 piece classics are very light for their size. i have the heavier 1 piece sp500s and could care less about the weight difference, car still performs awesome. :rockon::rockon:

IMG_3772.JPG

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
Love the look :D sometimes I feel like I want to sacrifice looks for performance.. but knowing me I want both :D

Users who are viewing this thread