Younger brother got pulled over

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Or how about the cop that pulled over my girlfriend.. ( who is 4 foot 10, weighs all of 105 pounds) for a blown tail light, and asked to search her car. ( Mind you she has ZERO tickets, has committed zero crimes, doesn't smoke cigs, NOTHING)

She said no, and was then sitting there 3 hours embarrassed as hell as dogs sniffed her car, 4 cop cars were behind her car. All for a blown tail light.

It's just pitiful.

jbs$

Established Member
Understand in this discussion that I am not anti-Cop. I just further understand that Constitutional rights and Freedoms, given away, are never re-gained.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Understand in this discussion that I am not anti-Cop. I just further understand that Constitutional rights and Freedoms, given away, are never re-gained.

True that.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Or how about the cop that pulled over my girlfriend.. ( who is 4 foot 10, weighs all of 105 pounds) for a blown tail light, and asked to search her car. ( Mind you she has ZERO tickets, has committed zero crimes, doesn't smoke cigs, NOTHING)

She said no, and was then sitting there 3 hours embarrassed as hell as dogs sniffed her car, 4 cop cars were behind her car. All for a blown tail light.

It's just pitiful.

3 hours, eh? Not buying it.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

It's just pitiful.

3 hours, eh? Not buying it.

Yeah. Either you're exaggerating on that 3 hour time frame, or her watch runs in fast forward.

blackvette101

Established Member
You are looking at things as in one dimension. That's not how it is. There is lots of types of crimes out there. Lots of different kind of bad guys out there. Good luck having a quality of life without the police. And believe it or not police, in many cases indirectly have protrcted you or your loved ones by taking some dirtbag off the streets at one point.

Open your mind and look at things at a wide perspective you will then see the importance if police.

cops have their place like everything else and they are an important part of society never said they weren't. But i like my government as small as possible. The people's quality of life that are effected by a smaller police force are the unprepared and the unarmed plain and simple. Unfortunately every dirtbag that gets taken off the street gets replaced by two more. There is X amount of dollars that all criminal activity brings in. As you take the people off the street the spot is just filled in by the next guy willing to risk his freedom for that income that is now open. It will never end. And as new criminals walk into jail old ones walk right out onto the street and kids do too. the odds of having law enforcement nearby when you need them is low especially in rural area's. Only thing you can do is be able to protect yourself and not rely on others. You will always have roughly as much criminals as that particular area's illegal market will support.

I don't have anything against cops. Just big government in general at all levels not just federal. Much more afraid of 20 trillion in debt we will have by the next presidential election then I am of the bad guy that is more then likely less armed.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Your brother needs to use that search to his advantage. I negotiated a search in exchange for a pass on what I was originally pulled over for.

UncleDan

Established Member
How about just not having any drugs in the car and being respectful? Most Police Officers I know are really good guys. I'm sure a lot of you have watched all the silly YouTube videos of some perfectly sober driver deliberately driving into an OUI checkpoint just to "exercise his rights." Although "kind of" enlightening, at this point you are f**king with them and they do not like it.

If you have nothing to hide, then don't act like it. Just be reasonable and more than likely they'll be reasonable back. If I was asked for a search, I would allow it. I'd ask kindly to please not damage the vehicle, and they can even bring drug dogs right here right now if they want.

You refuse a search and you're going to escalate the situation 10x, because 99% of the time the Police find something when people behave that way.

motoman991

Banned
Your brother needs to use that search to his advantage. I negotiated a search in exchange for a pass on what I was originally pulled over for.

How can a search be used to your advantage? Nothing good can come from talking with a cop. You can only be the same as you were before, minus the time of them detaining you.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
It is sad how poorly people think about the few who risk their lives for others. As Police Officers, salaries are non-competitive, working hours are terrible and for 10 hours you drive expecting not to get shot by a 16 y/o whose mom did not buy him a PS4.

I'm not saying that we are better or we are above the law, but a great majority believe in serving and helping others. When we talk to people is not to entrap them but to figure out what is going on, clearly if you did wrong and got caught, then it is called civil responsibility, go to court and explain why you should not be responsible for your criminal actions.

Exercise your rights to be a law abiding citizen and nobody will bother you.

Zemedici

Established Member
It is sad how poorly people think about the few who risk their lives for others. As Police Officers, salaries are non-competitive, working hours are terrible and for 10 hours you drive expecting not to get shot by a 16 y/o whose mom did not buy him a PS4.

I'm not saying that we are better or we are above the law, but a great majority believe in serving and helping others. When we talk to people is not to entrap them but to figure out what is going on, clearly if you did wrong and got caught, then it is called civil responsibility, go to court and explain why you should not be responsible for your criminal actions.

Why does this keep being brought up? it doesnt have anything to do with OP, and is beating a dead horse.

We get it, cops deserve some respect for what they do. And I respect that, but they also signed up for the job, and get up and go to it every day. No one's forcing them to do it.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
How can a search be used to your advantage? Nothing good can come from talking with a cop. You can only be the same as you were before, minus the time of them detaining you.

I was getting a ticket. The trooper wanted to search the car, I said no. Then I said I would let him search the car if he did not ticket me for what I was pulled over for. He thought about it and agreed. It's my car I knew there is nothing in it.

motoman991

Banned

Everyone knows what it means when a person makes a statement like that and adds ",but" after it. Similar to me saying, "I'm not racist, but I don't like white people."

motoman991

Banned
I was getting a ticket. The trooper wanted to search the car, I said no. Then I said I would let him search the car if he did not ticket me for what I was pulled over for. He thought about it and agreed. It's my car I knew there is nothing in it.

The cop can still write you a ticket. I've seen it happen. There is nothing to be gained by letting a cop go through your stuff. You won't get a reward. You can only be free to go in the same condition that you were before. Minus your time the cop wasted.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
Everyone knows what it means when a person makes a statement like that and adds ",but" after it. Similar to me saying, "I'm not racist, but I don't like white people."

An intellect rivaled only by garden tools.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Yeah. Either you're exaggerating on that 3 hour time frame, or her watch runs in fast forward.

Apparently you've never been in the middle of nowhere North Dakota.

Just sayin. Hell the nearest Walmart is over an hour away... So yes.. For the hour it took for the original stop to happen with her, then to call back up which was an hour away, then the hour they took with the dog and all that crap.

Three hours.

Some of you guys need to realize not in America is a big moving city with 100 cops on the ready.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The cop can still write you a ticket. I've seen it happen. There is nothing to be gained by letting a cop go through your stuff. You won't get a reward. You can only be free to go in the same condition that you were before. Minus your time the cop wasted.

Could but didn't. I saved myself points and money for an extra 20 minutes of my time. win win.

Users who are viewing this thread