You'll never believe this...

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
So I get a call from a good friend of mine yesterday and I can tell by his ecstatic voice something just went down. Now mind you he is again a good friend and wouldn't bullshit, and judging by the sound of his voice you could tell he had the jitters.

He stopped at a gas station to get directions as he was headed home for Thanksgiving. He ends up locking his keys in his car (99 Cobra), well there is a state trooper charger sitting at the gas station. So my buddy asks the cop if he could please get his door unlocked for him, so the trooper calls a local sherrif to get things rolling. Well while they're waiting for the sherrif they start talking about mustangs and turns out the trooper has a fox body. So the sherrif gets there and unlocks the car and my buddy gets on his merry way.

So, while he is driving along he spots the trooper's charger behind him, and it slowly makes his way up to him and they are door to door. He looks over and gives him a respectful wave.......and the trooper gives him the (burn 'em) hand signal! There's my buddy, sitting door to door with a state trooper, and he is completely mind boggled of what is going on. The trooper keeps giving him the signal, so my buddy says "**** it!" and drops it, goes up to about 95 when out of nowhere the trooper blows by him! He said he had to be doing atleast 130!

Insane, what a once in a lifetime chance. Crazy to see a trooper, of all police officers, to go and have some fun.

Anyone else have a story like this?

cobrajames89

Established Member
Check out my second video in the other thread named 04 cobra vs gt500 etc. The yellow camaro and the convertable maroon mustangs drivers are both state cops. They have even brought their squad cars down to the airstrip to race lol

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Thats awesome! Tell your friend he should be happy, if he would have won the trooper would have threw his lights on and gave him a ticket as payback.

Jk lol

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I'm cool with a few cops in my city and one time I saw one of them on the road and he kept blipping the throttle trying to get me to race him in the cop car and I thought to myself "HELL NO":lol1:

Cobra2001X

Banned
I got pulled over for speeding and ended up talking to the cop about mustangs for about 20 minutes. After we were both on our way, he gunned it and pulled over about half a mile down the road. He then got out of his car and listened to my Cobra pass by. I was stunned but it was a real cool thing to happen.

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
One of my good friends who I met at the department i used to be with is now a NC State Trooper. He just got a new Charger and told me we could meet up sometime and play around on some back roads. He is a real laid back guy so i know he wouldn't turn it around on me, but another Trooper in the same county, also drives a Charger, and he hates me for some reason. So I'm hesitant to do it in case Trooper Hall decides to throw me under the bus cause he doesn't like me. Id really like to see what those Chargers can do though. I know Id lay a butt whoopin on it but it would be fun.

Last edited:

CamdZ06

Established Member
So I get a call from a good friend of mine yesterday and I can tell by his ecstatic voice something just went down. Now mind you he is again a good friend and wouldn't bullshit, and judging by the sound of his voice you could tell he had the jitters.

He stopped at a gas station to get directions as he was headed home for Thanksgiving. He ends up locking his keys in his car (99 Cobra), well there is a state trooper charger sitting at the gas station. So my buddy asks the cop if he could please get his door unlocked for him, so the trooper calls a local sherrif to get things rolling. Well while they're waiting for the sherrif they start talking about mustangs and turns out the trooper has a fox body. So the sherrif gets there and unlocks the car and my buddy gets on his merry way.

So, while he is driving along he spots the trooper's charger behind him, and it slowly makes his way up to him and they are door to door. He looks over and gives him a respectful wave.......and the trooper gives him the (burn 'em) hand signal! There's my buddy, sitting door to door with a state trooper, and he is completely mind boggled of what is going on. The trooper keeps giving him the signal, so my buddy says "**** it!" and drops it, goes up to about 95 when out of nowhere the trooper blows by him! He said he had to be doing atleast 130!

Insane, what a once in a lifetime chance. Crazy to see a trooper, of all police officers, to go and have some fun.

Nice! I can always appreciate a fellow car lover!

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Way back in the 70's my neighbor was a local officer and he had a 442HO with straight pipes, loud as all hell. We would talk cars and just shoot the breeze. Being a young guy I had a 73 Dodge dart 2 door and we lined up one day with him in the patrol car. I don't remember who won but it was cool. He also would by me liquor to call his other woman and set it up. Never did get to drive the 442, it was his baby. He rinsed it every day and washed once a week.:rockon:

monX

Established Member
It's good to know there are some cool cops out there.

sweetslvr

Established Member
I got pulled over once by a cop because he wanted to make sure my car wasn't stolen...weird huh. It turned out that this guy was a mustang fan himself and I think he just wanted to see my car up close. He asked me what I had done to my car and gave me a compliment and before he left me go he asked me "Can you give me a little something when you pull out?" I was shocked and hesitant, but needless to say, I gave him "a little something" when I pulled out haha. Cool stories though...it's nice to see that there are some cool cops out there.

Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I got pulled over in my 03 after a 1-2nd gear pull on a 2 lane street my car was pretty loud (stingers). I thought i was gonna get a ticket. The 2nd thing the cop says is what yr. is your car....Im like ahhh 03...he says he has an 04 and wants to know what exaust I'm runnin I was like Borla. Then we have a 10min conversation and he says keep it under 100 and gives me back my licence and sends me on my way. PRETTY COOL COP.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I ran a cop at a light in my '03 once. He kept revving his engine, so I smoked him up to about 60, then let out.

monX

Established Member
I don't know if I would play around if a cop tempted me, I would think it's a trap :dw:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member

A small town cop friend of mine was telling me how fast their new Hemi Charger patrol cars were. We ended up racing and he said he thought his engine broke when I pulled away from him. :lol:

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
A small town cop friend of mine was telling me how fast their new Hemi Charger patrol cars were. We ended up racing and he said he thought his engine broke when I pulled away from him. :lol:

I don't doubt this one bit!! LOL :rockon:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
lol some cops can be cool

late at night a few years ago, 2 young cops decided just to pull me over and have me step out of the car so I could pop the truck and hood and shit for them. They said they were just bored and wanted to have some fun.

quikcobra

Established Member
Not to take your thunder man but there are alot of COOL cops. They arent all there to make up for "tiny dick syndrome" lol. We had a couple cops back in the day that came to our meets, Some watched us run back in the day. And now I ride with 2 both on newer Busa's and they ride out. It is cool tho when you meet them.

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
90% of the time for what I hear if its an HP officer he's a complete dickhead. The PDs tend to the nicer ones IMO. Hell I got pulled over once few years back while playing with this one guy on the freeway, I was doing about 130 before I shut it down..... Turns out he was hiding somewhere alone the way. Luckily it wasnt an HP officer and he ended up giving me a 77mph ticket so I could go to traffic school. He told me take it easy and i was on my way. I thought I was going to get thrown in cuffs for sure lol . Scared the living crap out of me, I for the most part , take it easy now :D Gotta have my fun every once in a while :burnout::rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread