You'll never believe this...

mr2cam

Established Member
My sweet IROC can outrun any cop car, and it can't be detected by radar because I wax it everyday.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I'm cool with a few cops in my city and one time I saw one of them on the road and he kept blipping the throttle trying to get me to race him in the cop car and I thought to myself "HELL NO":lol1:

Exact same thing has happened to me. I just shook my head. Wasn't falling for that old trick...

pacific4v

Established Member
There is a cop in my town that owns an 05+ gt that usually stops at the car wash or gas station when he's on patrol and sees me to talk cars. He was in his mustang one night off duty and came out of the gas station sideways and held it wide open through 3 gears! He's a pretty good guy

FastNick01

Established Member
Was coming back from Oak brook, IL on rt 83. Speed limit is 55 Im doing about that when Oak brook police officer pulls up next to me in a Crown Vic, nods then points his finger to the street and smiles.

I was in the Trans Am at time, drop down in gear and floored it to about 65-70 got a little scwormy in the process nothing crazy.

Then he pulls up next to me gives me a thumbs up then takes off Hauling down rt83

I gotta say most of the LEO's around here are pretty cool if your nice to them. Yes even the Troopers

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Was coming back from Oak brook, IL on rt 83. Speed limit is 55 Im doing about that when Oak brook police officer pulls up next to me in a Crown Vic, nods then points his finger to the street and smiles.

I was in the Trans Am at time, drop down in gear and floored it to about 65-70 got a little scwormy in the process nothing crazy.

Then he pulls up next to me gives me a thumbs up then takes off Hauling down rt83

I gotta say most of the LEO's around here are pretty cool if your nice to them. Yes even the Troopers

I was riding with a couple friends in Round Lake Beach when one of them revved the living piss out of his 750 with a Jardine pipe - which is insanely loud (approx. 110 db). There was a cruiser 3 cars back and they came up through traffic and pulled him over. Ended up talking with them about the bike, pipe, and all sorts of things. They both rode as well and were really cool. No tickets were given.

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
I work in my cities ER and see the local PDs and State Police all the time. I had taken a shortcut through a parking lot to get to my friends house one morning and two of the local PD were sitting talking to each other. They came over and joked around with me about trying to write me a ticket for "slicks" and I jokingly retorted they were DOT legal ET Streets. Anywho, they told me to light em up as I left and I didn't. Felt like I should have. :nonono:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Always a good experience to run into a cool cop that doesnt mind alittle fun. One of my buddies is a cop and he just got one of the new chargers and he was telling me how fast it was. I laughed and told him it was nothing special. Its just a charger r/t which is dog slow and then add all the police equipment which makes it even slower.

I told him I would be happy to show him what fast is. hahahaha

408bluedog

Established Member
I got pulled over in a 45 mph zone racing a 5.0. At the end of the run I was well over
100 mhp. When I got pulled over I thought for sure I was going to jail or getting one hell of a ticket. but the guy just talked to me about terminators for like 10 minutes then told me to slow it down and that was that. I went home a changed my shorts. I've been let off the hook a few times when it mattered most. But the ones that acts like dicks still make me generaly hate cops.

mach1won

Established Member
Raced an unmarked hemi trooper the other night.... Dammit I know, but he was asking for it at the light so I took off pretty hard pulling a car or 2 on him and let off thinking I won.... Nope he came flying by me still in it so I dropped back in to second and stood on it passing him like he was standing still and as soon as I did... Tucks in behind me with the lights on.... If I wasn't in my car I would have puked every where I was so nervous ha. Turns out he was a real young trooper and had a mustang gt at home. We sat around and talked for a bit before he told me if I ever told anyone I beat him he'd find me and give me a ticket and to slow it down and to get on my way. Nice to know they're not all dicks!

skyhighsd

Established Member
Raced an unmarked hemi trooper the other night.... Dammit I know, but he was asking for it at the light so I took off pretty hard pulling a car or 2 on him and let off thinking I won.... Nope he came flying by me still in it so I dropped back in to second and stood on it passing him like he was standing still and as soon as I did... Tucks in behind me with the lights on.... If I wasn't in my car I would have puked every where I was so nervous ha. Turns out he was a real young trooper and had a mustang gt at home. We sat around and talked for a bit before he told me if I ever told anyone I beat him he'd find me and give me a ticket and to slow it down and to get on my way. Nice to know they're not all dicks!

Be careful with that one in IL if you ever come over this way. The troopers love doing that on the tollways but not for the above reasons. Seen that happen more than a few times on the expressways and tollways around Chicago.

Like the rest I have had a run in a time or two with cool cops some I knew and some I didnt. But doing a break torque in front of a officer with someone else in the car I will never forget, the cop was a very good friends dad. My passenger did not know that.:lol1:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i know of a few cops where i live like that

1 of them i have known since i was just a wee little one lol

he has a new Tahoe K9 unit and he drives the shit outta it

LtShrapnel

Established Member
Ive got a similar story. My mom and dad were on the way to the movies back in 05 im my moms then new 300c. They roled up to the stop light when one of the cops from that area pulled up next to them and asked if it had the hemi. yep he said. the cop asked if he thoght it was faster then his squad car. my dad said he wasn't sure, so the cop said lets find out. they both turned onto the highway, and lined em up. the cop honked it off, hit his light and they both took off. the cop shut down at about 110, (he was in a crown vic) and my dad stayed on it to about 130, and backed off. the cop caught back up and looked pretty suprised. he said i hope i dont have to chase you anytime soon, and left.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
Back in college in CA I had a buddy with a pretty fast (for the time) FWD Eclipse turbo built by Imagine Motors, I think it made 420 to the wheels. He got pulled over by a cop in a Camaro SS. The cop told him they were going to race and if he won he would get out of his ticket, if he lost then he was getting the ticket. He smoked the cop car and the guy kept his word.

RSbeast

Established Member
^ That's badass. I miss my DSM days.

We have a local cop who bought a new 2010 SS. Was always flying around off duty. Anyhow I was cruising down the main strip in my deeply deeply missed '94 with my little brother in the car (he has an 00 SS) when I see this camaro turning in behind us and he was coming up FAST for his ricer flyby. I just stuck it in 2nd and waited sitting around 3500 at 40mph. I let him continue his flyby till he got to my rear bumper and I put it to the woods. I Immediately began my lit up sideways pedal fest. I think he might have got a fender out before I literally slithered past him sideways in my lane still trying to hook. I got my 1 car instantly after the 3rd or 4th stab. I just laughed my ass off with the biggest grin 'Ricer Flyby Averted!'

450rwhp+3300lbs > 420hp+4000lbs lol

He stopped out in his cruiser when we were hanging out the one night in the cars. Gave his usual 'you guys got shit; you should see my camaro at home'. I asked him if he remembered toying with an extremely loud bright red mustang and getting his ass handed to him. He just kinda got quiet and played dumb. I told him he was lucky I wasn't on my drag radials and laughed. He drove off.

Never ever should have sold that car :( :(
Losing your job SUCKS!!!!!!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Awhile ago a few of my buddies had setup some races on an abandoned road near an airport. As they were heating up their tires two local cops pulled up. One of them owned a Nova trailer queen, they talked cars for awhile, then ended up letting them finish the race!

Cops are just people like anyone else! Cool stories.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
I had a 1996 Mystic and I was driving down I74 going about 90 and a state trooper pulled out in black unmarked gt. Didn't try to race me, just gave me a ticket. Not a cool story at all. No respect, I tell ya.

Users who are viewing this thread