you pick, i buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The wife and I do take weekend trips to va beach. I will take you up on that offer next time we head that way. Maybe around the end of Sept. Birthday trip. Thanks!

No problem, I don't regret my decision at all, but I think taking a ride in each is the best way to make your choice.

Deranged2013

Established Member
No problem, I don't regret my decision at all, but I think taking a ride in each is the best way to make your choice.

Agreed. Any choice will be a lot of $. Want to get it right the 1st time because I don't have the $ for do-overs.

Can you PM me your contact info and I will do the same. Hopefully we make that trip next month.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
OP, the TVS feels very raw and angry(fun). The Paxton feels like a plane on a runway, very smooth and controlled but it just keeps pulling harder and harder. The Paxton is almost deceivingly fast. You don't really know how fast your going until you look at the speedo climbing.

If you want to scare/impress people who ride in the car, get the TVS, if you want a little more controlled power that feels more like a turbo, get the Paxton.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
This topic is beat to death. If you buy a paxton its because you cant afford a tvs and you will be disappointed with the power. Paxtons are ugly too, tvs looks like it belongs under the hood.

Are your serious because I could have bought a 3-4 TVS and not hurt my wallet. You bought a TVS because you can't afford a whipple, who wants to be limited to 800rwhp or less when spending a decent amount of money.

Paxtons have put people well into the 9s while the TVS have only cracked them. It was either twin turbo or a Paxton set-up for me but went with the Paxton for bang for the buck. Once I build my motor and get tired of it I'm gonna skip right over a Pos. Displacement sc and go for a turbo set-up.

chris1badL

Established Member
I have had all three (turbo, procharger, tvs magnacharger). Id def choose the tvs. Love the instant hit. Im selling my tvs in the market section if your interested. Selling the car.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Are your serious because I could have bought a 3-4 TVS and not hurt my wallet. You bought a TVS because you can't afford a whipple, who wants to be limited to 800rwhp or less when spending a decent amount of money.

Paxtons have put people well into the 9s while the TVS have only cracked them. It was either twin turbo or a Paxton set-up for me but went with the Paxton for bang for the buck. Once I build my motor and get tired of it I'm gonna skip right over a Pos. Displacement sc and go for a turbo set-up.

Damn must be a baller for you to have the opurtunity to buy 3-4 tvs setups and not even dent your wallet. But then you skimped on getting tuned by a no name shop for your paxton.

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Damn must be a baller for you to have the opurtunity to buy 3-4 tvs setups and not even dent your wallet. But then you skimped on getting tuned by a no name shop for your paxton.

:lol::lol:

87hatchy

Established Member
Are your serious because I could have bought a 3-4 TVS and not hurt my wallet.

Whoa so cool man! Everyone on the internet is so impressed that you're bragging about your money!

If you're such a baller, why do you own a GT? Where's the shelby? What a jack wagon...

Dave5.0

Established Member

Easy dude. Some people don't want more power than what's manageable on the street. I don't want my Whipple to spin over 800RWHP because what good is it if it doesnt get put down?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
This topic is beat to death. If you buy a paxton its because you cant afford a tvs and you will be disappointed with the power. Paxtons are ugly too, tvs looks like it belongs under the hood.

The Paxton looks more oem under the hood. I didn't buy a Paxton Bc i couldn't afford a TVS :shrug: Dick

I'm pretty happy with the Paxton. Honestly I think I would go TVS if I could do it over. I like blower whine. I think the TVS guys said on stock pulley the whine is pretty low though. I can be in the power band anytime with these short ass 3.73s

One of the TVS guys said he ran a 11.2 on STOCK tires with a TVS. So that means that not only do you get more torque but also get better traction (sarcasm)

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Dollar wise I see the bang for the buck with the paxton. But I do love the look and torque of the roush. Also the instant boost probably makes the roush more fun on the road. Im Leaning more towards the roush at this current moment.

kingnut

Established Member
The Paxton looks more oem under the hood. I didn't buy a Paxton Bc i couldn't afford a TVS :shrug: Dick

I'm pretty happy with the Paxton. Honestly I think I would go TVS if I could do it over. I like blower whine. I think the TVS guys said on stock pulley the whine is pretty low though. I can be in the power band anytime with these short ass 3.73s

One of the TVS guys said he ran a 11.2 on STOCK tires with a TVS. So that means that not only do you get more torque but also get better traction (sarcasm)

There is no way the paxton looks more factory than the roush. A big silver snail as soon as you open up the hood. If it was black like the vortech is would blend in alot better. But neither look bad under the hood.

cmsnake

Established Member
Just ordered a Roush TVS w JLT big air. No looking back.

Last edited:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member

I wouldn't call Pat O'Gorman a no name.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GWP-iZCT1Ao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He tune's/drives for Hennessey full time right now and leaves most of his shop work to Benny (who did the initial tune which I didn't know at the time). He was the man when it came to lightnings but just doesn't have much experience with 2013 auto's with centrifugal type blowers. I've been patient with Pat working with him exclusively off and on for the past month to dial in the tune and will try to make it to the track to see the progress.

Reason for going with someone local is it's always nice to have a tuner down the street vs 2 hours away (Daniel with TSS) or Shaun which I would have had to datalog and put it on the dyno to get things right. I wanted my car driving on the road right then and there and not have to wait by going with the other options I mentioned. Hell if it doesn't pan out with Pat I will be going to TSS but at least I know I don't have to tow my car over there to get tuned this time.

As far as bragging about money I believe it was this guy saying us Paxton guys couldn't afford a TVS and I was simply saying I could afford 3-4 of them without hurting my wallet....end of story.

The reason why I didn't go 2013 GT500 was simple 70k vs 45k for a GT with a SC that will be side by side for 25k less.....you do the math. Don't know why all this hate when it comes to Paxton vs TVS especially when everyone picks the two for different reasons. If you just want a street monster go with TVS if you want something that can put you in the 1000hp range go Paxton.

Last edited:

Ratchet

Established Member
I wouldn't call Pat O'Gorman a no name.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GWP-iZCT1Ao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He tune's for Hennessey full time right now and leaves most of his shop work to Benny (who did the initial tune which I didn't know at the time). He was the man when it came to lightnings but just doesn't have much experience with 2013 auto's with centrifugal type blowers. I've been patient with Pat working with him exclusively off and on for the past month to dial in the tune and will try to make it to the track to see the progress.

Reason for going with someone local is it's always nice to have a tuner down the street vs 2 hours away (Daniel with TSS) or Shaun which I would have had to datalog and put it on the dyno to get things right. I wanted my car driving on the road right then and there and not have to wait by going with the other options I mentioned. Hell if it doesn't pan out with Pat I will be going to TSS but at least I know I don't have to tow my car over there to get tuned this time.

As far as bragging about money I believe it was this guy saying us Paxton guys couldn't afford a TVS and I was simply saying I could afford 3-4 of them without hurting my wallet....end of story.

The reason why I didn't go 2013 GT500 was simple 70k vs 45k for a GT with a SC that will be side by side for 25k less.....you do the math. Don't know why all this hate when it comes to Paxton vs TVS especially when everyone picks the two for different reasons. If you just want a street monster go with TVS if you want something that can put you in the 1000hp range go Paxton.

What does your car run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread