you pick, i buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
/\Agreeing with TexasStang 100%. Just because you can afford something more expensive, doesn't mean you want it. I could afford a twin turbo kit or any supercharger, OR a 2013 GT500. Doesn't mean I don't want the best bang for the buck.

I think a good turbo kit gives you the best attributes ofa TVS or centri supercharger. Now if someone would make a more reasonably priced turbo kit..

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
What does your car run?

First time out with the tune not so great......11.9 at 121mph but the e85 tune was less than stellar. I now have the time up to 21* from 13-14*, added a torque converter, and pullied it down from a 3.8 to a 3.6. I also have a racestars for the track and ditch the 20" Amr's with Nitto 555rs for 18" CF5s with M&H racemasters for my street set-up.

My last datalog comparing to my first I went from a 10.2 60-130mph to a 8 flat, so I know it's pulling pretty good in my mid to top end. Just don't know what the Circle D 2c will do for me at the track since traction was shit on the street with the 555rs. I haven't tested the M&H DRs yet on the street do to the rain the last two days here in TX.

drod2111

Established Member
Are your serious because I could have bought a 3-4 TVS and not hurt my wallet. You bought a TVS because you can't afford a whipple, who wants to be limited to 800rwhp or less when spending a decent amount of money.

Paxtons have put people well into the 9s while the TVS have only cracked them. It was either twin turbo or a Paxton set-up for me but went with the Paxton for bang for the buck. Once I build my motor and get tired of it I'm gonna skip right over a Pos. Displacement sc and go for a turbo set-up.

Can u buy me one!!!!!! Lol my vote for TVS!!!!

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
TVS and drag radials... I straight hook 2nd gear on the road with my NT05r's. The pull at 3500rpms with the TVS is addicting to say the least :)

cmsnake

Established Member
TVS and drag radials... I straight hook 2nd gear on the road with my NT05r's. The pull at 3500rpms with the TVS is addicting to say the least :)
What gear? Did u hook at all on your invos from a roll?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I have 3.31's. My invos never hooked 2nd gear and hooked 3rd about 50% of the time. These NT05r's straight hook 2nd gear 95% of the time, and when they don't straight hook 2nd they just spin up a couple thousand rpms and the car catches up.

If I went over 50% throttle in 2nd with the invo's they'd just float. Now, with the NT05r's, even when I spin in 1st gear it doesn't float the tires, it still accelerates while it's spinning :) I never expected this much traction with the TVS. My car obviously isn't low on TQ or HP as it runs 131 in the 1/4, so I know it's the tires that are working really well. At the track, I straight hook 1st!!!

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
I have 3.31's. My invos never hooked 2nd gear and hooked 3rd about 50% of the time. These NT05r's straight hook 2nd gear 95% of the time, and when they don't straight hook 2nd they just spin up a couple thousand rpms and the car catches up.

If I went over 50% throttle in 2nd with the invo's they'd just float. Now, with the NT05r's, even when I spin in 1st gear it doesn't float the tires, it still accelerates while it's spinning :) I never expected this much traction with the TVS. My car obviously isn't low on TQ or HP as it runs 131 in the 1/4, so I know it's the tires that are working really well. At the track, I straight hook 1st!!!

What tires were u on when u ran the time in your sig?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
What tires were u on when u ran the time in your sig?

I went a best of 11.54 on my invos and that was with a 1.88 60'. It was my first time ever with DR's last time I went. I bogged every launch. I kept raising rpm's every time I went but kept bogging. I needed to slip the clutch more on the launch, but still being on the stock clutch I just didn't dare. My 11.2@131 was on DR's with a 1.77 60'. Later on that day I cut a 1.64 60' but doesn't it figure that'd be the only run all day I'd miss a gear :(

cmsnake

Established Member
Sounds good. Ill have the same set up installed shortly. Just trying to gauge how bad I need tires. Got a half mile event coming up. Can go from a dig or 40 roll. More interested in the roll at the moment...

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Enjoy your infraction. 3/4 of you guys probably wouldnt even have settled for paxtons if it wasnt for Terry selling them for pretty much no profit screwing all the other vendors while he was at it awhile ago. Defend your all mighty Paxton I still think it looks ugly and DOES NOT look more oem under the hood, what are you smoking?

Just for the record the fastest coyote is a pd, not a centri for all the paxton guys who all say its faster at the track. So have fun driving at 5k rpm to feel your cars boost when 80% of you with paxtons daily drive your car and dont track it much.

You are incorrect my friend, the "fastest" coyote is indeed a centri, I have been a best of 163mph on blower only, the green car has only been a best of 163 on blower and nitrous.

the green car did run "quicker" than me, at 200lbs lighter, with a turbo 400 and a transbrake to launch, I would expect it too.

lund racing tunes both cars, and unfortunately before the last event, we got the car together at 12:30 am and drove straight to Columbus to race. Lund didn't have any time to sort out our tune. They had 2 different track sessions to dial in the green car.

our car went 8.7's @ 167 with a 60' that was in the 1.8's, the car normally 60's 1.4's

the green car went 8.3's with 1.4 or 1.3 60's, again, @ 200 lbs lighter.

Once we finish getting the fuel right on launch and the car doesn't lay over, I expect nothing less than 8.2's or better

there is a ton left in the car,

on that day, the green car was better, and Justing does own the 'quickest' car right now. I congratulated them on their win and the new times. Evo does a great job putting cars together.

As far as "screwing" vendors go. We all have businesses and were here to make money.

My philosophy is to give the guys a great deal, so they can buy more stuff, and get more out of their cars. Anyone that is purchasing appreciates that.

Are you telling me, that you buy from only dealers selling at MSRP and "never shop price", if you say yes, your flat out lying.

It's like a thief that shows up to steal a tv, only to find out the tv was already stolen and gets mad about it.

If you want retail pricing, I would love to sell you everything you buy from now on!

Edit: I guess I should apologize for trying to take care of all the guys out there wanting to go fast by giving great deals. I guess I should apologize for taking calls til at least 11pm 7 days a week, including holiday's, the playoff's, etc... That probably makes the other guys look bad too.

Sorry for not trying to get everybody for every cent they have in their pocket book like other places..

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You are incorrect my friend, the "fastest" coyote is indeed a centri, I have been a best of 163mph on blower only, the green car has only been a best of 163 on blower and nitrous.

the green car did run "quicker" than me, at 200lbs lighter, with a turbo 400 and a transbrake to launch, I would expect it too.

lund racing tunes both cars, and unfortunately before the last event, we got the car together at 12:30 am and drove straight to Columbus to race. Lund didn't have any time to sort out our tune. They had 2 different track sessions to dial in the green car.

our car went 8.7's @ 167 with a 60' that was in the 1.8's, the car normally 60's 1.4's

the green car went 8.3's with 1.4 or 1.3 60's, again, @ 200 lbs lighter.

Once we finish getting the fuel right on launch and the car doesn't lay over, I expect nothing less than 8.2's or better

there is a ton left in the car,

on that day, the green car was better, and Justing does own the 'quickest' car right now. I congratulated them on their win and the new times. Evo does a great job putting cars together.

As far as "screwing" vendors go. We all have businesses and were here to make money.

My philosophy is to give the guys a great deal, so they can buy more stuff, and get more out of their cars. Anyone that is purchasing appreciates that.

Are you telling me, that you buy from only dealers selling at MSRP and "never shop price", if you say yes, your flat out lying.

It's like a thief that shows up to steal a tv, only to find out the tv was already stolen and gets mad about it.

If you want retail pricing, I would love to sell you everything you buy from now on!

Edit: I guess I should apologize for trying to take care of all the guys out there wanting to go fast by giving great deals. I guess I should apologize for taking calls til at least 11pm 7 days a week, including holiday's, the playoff's, etc... That probably makes the other guys look bad too.

Sorry for not trying to get everybody for every cent they have in their pocket book like other places..

I think what he meant to say was that, Yea you have amazing prices on everything, beat every price compared to other vendors, amazing customer service and go above and beyond for your customers 24/7.

But other vendors have shops and a lot more overhead then you do, so sometimes 50$ more to one shop/vendor will go into keeping that place alive and doing more for the community as a whole. Yea you have a fast coyote, but you don't innovate or create anything for the community, you only use products from vendors/companies that they create. A lot of the big mustang shops do write ups, dyno comparisons and track comparisons.

Don't get me wrong everyone loves getting the best deal and hates spending more money then they have too. Just my 2 cents.

-Thomas

Last edited:

nonliberal

Established Member
I drive a VMP TVS and I love it, am totally happy with it and wouldbt change a thing.
That said, I got a good deal on it from a good member here almost brand new. The reason I got such a good deal and the reason he didn't keep it is because he needed more for his setup. He runs 9s and says he is stepping up his game.
That tells me the centri blowers have more room to grow than the PD.

For me, since I drive 99% on the street and don't want to be near the redline all the time, I am happy with a low 10 high 9 second car that tge TVS can provide. If I was going all out though for the best track times I would definitely have a centri or turbo.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think what he meant to say was that, Yea you have amazing prices on everything, beat every price compared to other vendors, amazing customer service and go above and beyond for your customers 24/7.

But other vendors have shops and a lot more overhead then you do, so sometimes 50$ more to one shop/vendor will go into keeping that place alive and doing more for the community as a whole. Yea you have a fast coyote, but you don't innovate or create anything for the community, you only use products from vendors/companies that they create. A lot of the big mustang shops do write ups, dyno comparisons and track comparisons.

Don't get me wrong everyone loves getting the best deal and hates spending more money then they have too. Just my 2 cents.

-Thomas

Again, I do have overhead, and we continue to grow everyday. Some of you guys seem to forget most bigger shops, started as smaller shops and grew into the business' they have today.

American Muscle started out doing painted body parts from their garage.

JPC started out very similar to me. A sponsored racer that started selling his sponsors products and grew, previously sub letting work out to other shops. That's one of the reasons I respect JPC so much, and have no problem recommending them to east coast customers.

As far as not doing anything for the community. We were instrumental in bringing final product for the Paxton / Vortech kits to the market. We helped develop and test the product for the cars. We helped write the installation manual and make changes to the initial pre production kits.

How do you think a final product gets put to the market?

So, If i'm proud of a kit I helped develop and want to market it at a decent price so people can take advantage of it, and people that normally couldn't afford a kit, now can. That's what i'm going to do.

If a shop/s wants to come to this forum, where I Have been marketing a kit like my Paxton / Vortech's for years, sign up years after me, and then complain, that's not my problem. Find a different forum. There are hundreds out there.

It's a free market. If you want to pay a shop 40-50% more labor to help them out. By all means, do it.

If you want to pay a shop hundreds more for the same part to help them out. By all means, do it. It's a free market.

I offer quality products at fair prices. We offer quality labor, at fair rates. We offer better customer service THAN ANYONE!!!!! No one, not anyone in the market, keeps the hours that I do.

Not anyone in the business, is willing to make themselves available like I do.

Again, it's a free market, spend your money where you want. Heck, if you want to pay more. I'll gladly sell it to you for more money, lol! :)

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I'll be around sac in a month if you want to defend your TVS against a Paxton car. Mine will be around what yours is making now by then. Then you can use the its faster excuse next time when your riding into a forum on TVS

We can make that happen, make sure you plan to stay around when the track is open. Have you ran your car yet?

Again, I do have overhead, and we continue to grow everyday. Some of you guys seem to forget most bigger shops, started as smaller shops and grew into the business' they have today.

American Muscle started out doing painted body parts from their garage.

JPC started out very similar to me. A sponsored racer that started selling his sponsors products and grew, previously sub letting work out to other shops. That's one of the reasons I respect JPC so much, and have no problem recommending them to east coast customers.

As far as not doing anything for the community. We were instrumental in bringing final product for the Paxton / Vortech kits to the market. We helped develop and test the product for the cars. We helped write the installation manual and make changes to the initial pre production kits.

How do you think a final product gets put to the market?

So, If i'm proud of a kit I helped develop and want to market it at a decent price so people can take advantage of it, and people that normally couldn't afford a kit, now can. That's what i'm going to do.

If a shop/s wants to come to this forum, where I Have been marketing a kit for years, sign up years after me, and then complain, that's not my problem.

It's a free market. If you want to pay a shop 40-50% more labor to help them out. By all means, do it.

If you want to pay a shop hundreds more for the same part to help them out. By all means, do it. It's a free market.

I offer quality products at fair prices. We offer quality labor, at fair rates. We offer better customer service THAN ANYONE!!!!! No one, not anyone in the market, keeps the hours that I do.

Not anyone in the business, is willing to make themselves available like I do.

Again, it's a free market, spend your money where you want. Heck, if you want to pay more. I'll gladly sell it to you for more money, lol! :)

I highlighted the "100"s more quote to say that ive never had a price from BBR, lethal or JPC ever be even close to 100's more, its always within 50$ or less.

I know you mean well and ive bought stuff from you in the past so ill just leave it at this and agree you have good customer service.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
great read on this thread.

anyway I vote for the TVS. why? because I see them beat on the Paxton/vortech/procharged guys all day.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
I'll be around sac in a month if you want to defend your TVS against a Paxton car. Mine will be around what yours is making now by then. Then you can use the its faster excuse next time when your riding into a forum on TVS

Let me know when im game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread