You only live once, why not buy a 2.9 whipple!

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Well guys after riding in a 2.4 KB cobra making 605hp on 93 octane, I have to decided to bite the bullet and reduce my savings account some what lol. Im am buying the 2.9 fully polished whipple from Lethal (I suppose they are the cheapest) and I need just a few A okay's from you guys on the fuel system.

I already have a new clutchmasters clutch installed, full header back MAC exhaust, dual pass heat exchanger, alum radiator and coolant tanks, and I also just purchased the JLT Hi-Boost intake.

So my question on the fuel system is will this fuel system from Lethal be sufficent.....

lethal-performance-03-04-cobra-dual-pump-fuel-system-p-14943
and will 63 lb injectors, a 2600 SCT MAF, and the billet flow T.B. be good as well.

Anything else?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Well guys after riding in a 2.4 KB cobra making 605hp on 93 octane, I have to decided to bite the bullet and reduce my savings account some what lol. Im am buying the 2.9 fully polished whipple from Lethal (I suppose they are the cheapest) and I need just a few A okay's from you guys on the fuel system.

I already have a new clutchmasters clutch installed, full header back MAC exhaust, dual pass heat exchanger, alum radiator and coolant tanks, and I also just purchased the JLT Hi-Boost intake.

So my question on the fuel system is will this fuel system from Lethal be sufficent.....

and will 63 lb injectors, a 2600 SCT MAF, and the billet flow T.B. be good as well.

Anything else?

I don't see an actual power goal in that post.:shrug:

This should help though.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ystem-upgrade-options-what-you-need-know.html

A 2.9 without an E85 option seems like a waste of a big blower to me.
Octane is a limiting factor even on 2.3s, 2.9s will make 25 pounds of boost on long tube cars all day without breathing hard.
Buy your parts to support the end game power so you only buy them once.

Even if E85 availability is crumby in NC, I would still build for it and drive around on 93 with the E85 pulley and belt in the trunk, along with the Xcal.

Have you bought any race gas lately?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Your going to be hard pressed finding a billetflow throttlebody, as they don't make them anymore. Heck I emailed them about a week ago to see if they had any left with zero reply. Lethal might have some left but I think they only have red and blue ones. Other than that I would also agree with others and go with the 80lb injectors.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Thanks everyone for the replies, my bad for not posting a horsepower goal and the octane I will run. My goal is 650 hp on the 2.9 preferrably with the 3.50 pulley that comes on it. And Jimmy as you stated E 85 is a no show anywhere near me, not even in a 50 mile radius. So with that said, I have a local gas station 10 miles down the road that has a pull up 110 octane pump (way out in the country). The station is near a big oval dirt track and has been there for over 20 years so that works great for me. 80 lb injectors seems to be the vote for you guys and since they are the same price then it sounds good to me.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Your going to be hard pressed finding a billetflow throttlebody, as they don't make them anymore. Heck I emailed them about a week ago to see if they had any left with zero reply. Lethal might have some left but I think they only have red and blue ones. Other than that I would also agree with others and go with the 80lb injectors.

I just seen a thread made by that one guy with a 2.9 that just got his and within 2 days...:shrug:

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
Fastlane.....:beer:

I wont need a BAP with this set up....? Copy and paste into your web browser....

smart man .............................

And yes you will, but if your going to spend that much on a fuel set up why not go with a aeromotive a1000 set up.

Last edited:

nanastymach1

Established Member
80 lb injectors,ba 2800 just to be safe,dual gt pumps with either fore fuel hat or (me stock modified hat for gt pumps) Bap and ive been thinking about it and instead of doing race gas u should do the snow performance meth kit like i did..I'll show it to u friday

Run the 2.9 whipple with a 3.0 pulley with meth and like blwn04svtcobra u should be near 700 or better..he did 714 on a 2.8 pulley and 666 with a 3.5 stock pulley on pump only

Last edited:

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
smart man .............................

And yes you will, but if your going to spend that much on a fuel set up why not go with a aeromotive a1000 set up.

LOL, Caleb knows best. I figured that the lethal kit woulld be good enough if I wanted mid 600's. piecing a kit together may be cheaper? But I figured buying there entire kit minus the T.B., MAF, and Injectors would be easiest.

Give Billetflow a call. I got mine from them a few weeks ago because they reanodized some red and blue ones to be black. Hope they have some left

Alex
Ok, thanks I will.

80 lb injectors,ba 2800 just to be safe,dual gt pumps with either fore fuel hat or (me stock modified hat for gt pumps) Bap and ive been thinking about it and instead of doing race gas u should do the snow performance meth kit like i did..I'll show it to u friday

Run the 2.9 whipple with a 3.0 pulley with meth and like blwn04svtcobra u should be near 700 or better..he did 714 on a 2.8 pulley and 666 with a 3.5 stock pulley on pump only

Only bad thing is the Meth kit is just something else to buy and install, race gas seems to be easier maybe. Thanks for posting that for me, see you Friday to ride in the 3.4 beast!

gabe1530

Banned
call billetflow. i ordered mine through lethal but then called BF to have them rush the order. they are almost or might be out by now.

if ordering a fuel system from lethal i would wait as fore hats are hard to find. 80's and a BAP will hold you over till something equivalent to the fore hats is released.
go with the 80's and not the 60's. you will have room to grow and they are the same price.

i also suggest running longtubes but thats up to you.

a 3.5 pulley should easily net you 650rwhp. i have a 3.75 as i only have 91 on tap here.

mach1033

Established Member
If your gonna be running a 3.0 pulley then you can also run torco. I ran torco for 2 years with my 2.3 whipple at 21lbs of boost. When I upgraded to the 2.9 I ran a 3.5 upper and 4lb lower and boost checked in at 23.5 and never fell. My car was a beast at that boost level. I was playing it close with my fuel system and my motor gave up the ghost lol. My original fuel system was 60's, fore twin hat, GT pumps, 2 fpdms, aeromotive filter, fore rails, 8-an fuel lines and y block. I was maxed out on my pumps and injectors. Once my motor is finished I will be adding 80's and a bap. Please learn from my mistake. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread