You New Edge guys won't like this...

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3969152#post3969152

So I jumped into that thread knowing that I was gonna get flamed, but I really don't care. I like how the 99/01 is not only bashed on, but not a single one of those guys have ever came across one that was set up right. :rolleyes:
Maybe they should check into how easily a 99/01 Cobra can bust some ass before they badmouth them. :idea:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I don't even pay attention. I went from an 03 to a 99...I know where the shortcomings lie with both cars.

I just let the internet warriors battle it out while I eat popcorn.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
I am with you. Many people even in this forum...simply strap on blowers because they have penis envy. At least that is the reason to me. I think if you carefully look at the New Edge you can see it can be crazy fast. But I hope quadcammer doesn't come in here, he will tell you that you drive a mid 13 second car.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
It's how the car is driven. Terminators are easy to drive fast. They make (in bolt on form) 450+rwtq at pretty much any rpm. There's no hunting or searching for the power band, you're always in it.

A good driver can pilot a new edge to be quite quick. Most people just don't realize this.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
svt32v99 said:
I am with you. Many people even in this forum...simply strap on blowers because they have penis envy. At least that is the reason to me. I think if you carefully look at the New Edge you can see it can be crazy fast. But I hope quadcammer doesn't come in here, he will tell you that you drive a mid 13 second car.

Ha, this is true. I like how they think that a 99/01 would need full bolt-ons AND spray to hang with a simple bolt-on Terminator. :nonono: Almost every 400hp Terminator around here can’t even touch 12s. They think that adding 50+rwhp is a lot smarter then buying a damn set of tires. Its all about “huge numbers” I guess.

I’ll stick to my low hp Cobra that is lighter, half the cost, and just as fast with pretty much only 3 mods… ;-)

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
svt32v99 said:

Too late skippy.

Sonic's car is nice, but it isn't exactly a mid 11 second car like the terminator mentioned in the thread in question.

Id say with just exhaust, intake and 4.56 gears, the cobra would run high 12s, low thirteens. Since he's never been to the track (as far as I know), we don't really know how fast it is. However, he runs with ls1s with minor bolt ons, which are also known to be in the high 12s, low 13s.

I don't see anything ridiculous in that thread. Id find it extremely hard to believe that a car that is short about 65rwhp that weighs only 200lbs less is winning. Its just a matter of power to weight. On the street, with shitty drivers, no traction, etc, anything can happen, but I don't think 03s will go down that easily.

Quadcammer

Established Member
svt32v99 said:

heres another news flash. The fastest NA 99 ran about 11.4 (bob cosby). I don't know where you live, but thats not crazy fast. Especially since the time is mostly due to a 6500rpm launch and 1.5 second 60' time.

an 03 with a pulley, tune, jlt and midpipe will easily run that, without all the fuss of an NA 99. lets not even get started on the mid 10 second kb/whipple Daily driven 03 cobras.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
quadcammer said:
Too late skippy.

Sonic's car is nice, but it isn't exactly a mid 11 second car like the terminator mentioned in the thread in question.

Id say with just exhaust, intake and 4.56 gears, the cobra would run high 12s, low thirteens. Since he's never been to the track (as far as I know), we don't really know how fast it is. However, he runs with ls1s with minor bolt ons, which are also known to be in the high 12s, low 13s.

I don't see anything ridiculous in that thread. Id find it extremely hard to believe that a car that is short about 65rwhp that weighs only 200lbs less is winning. Its just a matter of power to weight. On the street, with shitty drivers, no traction, etc, anything can happen, but I don't think 03s will go down that easily.

So now the car is running 11s? Where do you get that?

Since you bring up my car, I’ll use it as an example. I have beat a 380rwhp cammed LS1 (or minor bolt on in your eyes) that traps over 113mph. I have no doubts that this LS1 could hang with a 400+rwhp Terminator either. There is plenty of videos around this site of cars beating up on Terminators that had WAY less hp. You can’t overlook the fact that most of these guys can’t get traction and are heavy pigs.

Quadcammer

Established Member
"terminater with a 2.93 upper pulley, a 4lb lower pulley, throttle body, plenum, and 4.10 gears and IRS brace. Bassani x-pipe and bassani cat-back exhaust"

If you dont' think thats an 11 second car, I don't know what to say.

you have beat a guy on the street. whoopdeedo.

go run your car at the track, get some times, and we'll see whats what.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
quadcammer said:
"terminater with a 2.93 upper pulley, a 4lb lower pulley, throttle body, plenum, and 4.10 gears and IRS brace. Bassani x-pipe and bassani cat-back exhaust"

If you dont' think thats an 11 second car, I don't know what to say.

you have beat a guy on the street. whoopdeedo.

go run your car at the track, get some times, and we'll see whats what.

EXACTLY… We are talking about the street, remember.

I like how (in your eyes) a 99/01 can BARLY hit a 12 even with mods, but a Terminator with bolt ons is instintly a 11 sec car. Here is another one for ya: There is a KB Cobra in town that makes over 550rwhp (http://www.dynosport.com/cobra1.htm ) and guess what his best time is? 11.8 WITH SLICKS AND A SOLID AXLE.

Now after hearing this, take in consideration that this guy JUST bought a 450hp car. Do you really think that he will know how to drive it into 11s? I think not

99 Cobra > 03 Cobra

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
EXACTLY… We are talking about the street, remember.

I like how (in your eyes) a 99/01 can BARLY hit a 12 even with mods, but a Terminator with bolt ons is instently a 11 sec car. Here is another one for ya: There is a KB Cobra in town that makes over 550rwhp (http://www.dynosport.com/cobra1.htm ) and guess what his best time is? 11.8.

Now after hearing this, take in consideration that this guy JUST bought a 450hp car. Do you really think that he will know how to drive it into 11s? I think not

99 Cobra > 03 Cobra
In my opinion all street racers are scumbags so what happens on the street has little meaning to me. I could give a shit less what little boys who run on the street beat.

Uh, a stock 99 cobra is about a 13.7 second car. yeah, its gonna take some mods to get down to the 12s. Thats a .8 second reduction. Thats about 80bhp for those keeping track.

03s go from an average of 12.8 (with limited traction) to mid 11s. Thats a reduction of about 1.3 seconds. That would be about 130bhp difference. Thats about 110rwhp. from 370rwhp to 480rwhp with mods. Thats about right for a mid 11 sec car. not to mention they get better tires.

yet again, i can find a guy with a 800rwhp turbo 03 that ran 14s, whats your point. people can't drive

A 450rwhp car will pretty easy beat a bolt on 99, there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

and finally, are you god damn kidding. 03>99, 01, 93, 94, 95, 96,97,98 and 07

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
quadcammer said:
In my opinion all street racers are scumbags so what happens on the street has little meaning to me. I could give a shit less what little boys who run on the street beat.

Uh, a stock 99 cobra is about a 13.7 second car. yeah, its gonna take some mods to get down to the 12s. Thats a .8 second reduction. Thats about 80bhp for those keeping track.

03s go from an average of 12.8 (with limited traction) to mid 11s. Thats a reduction of about 1.3 seconds. That would be about 130bhp difference. Thats about 110rwhp. from 370rwhp to 480rwhp with mods. Thats about right for a mid 11 sec car. not to mention they get better tires.

yet again, i can find a guy with a 800rwhp turbo 03 that ran 14s, whats your point. people can't drive

A 450rwhp car will pretty easy beat a bolt on 99, there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

and finally, are you god damn kidding. 03>99, 01, 93, 94, 95, 96,97,98 and 07

BWHAHAHAHHAAAAAA *gasp AHHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!

Once again, a 99/01 can only run a high 13, but a 03/04 with little traction can even crack a 12. ARE YOU NUTS? Before our local dragstrip closed down, everyone was making fun of all the 03-04 Cobras because not a single one of them could even pull off a low 13, and yes they were modded. Face it, not everybody can pull off a 12.9 like Car & Driver did. The chances of a 03-04 Cobra having tirs/subframe connectors AND good driver to get it out of the hole is pretty slim.

And if street racing is so gay, then why do you care? Its not like these guys are gonna settle this on the track. Personally I would rather this happen on the street anyways, so the 99 can beat the shit outta the 03 over and over and over :D

Quadcammer

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
BWHAHAHAHHAAAAAA *gasp AHHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!

Once again, a 99/01 can only run a high 13, but a 03/04 with little traction can even crack a 12. ARE YOU NUTS? Before our local dragstrip closed down, everyone was making fun of all the 03-04 Cobras because not a single one of them could even pull off a low 13, and yes they were modded. Face it, not everybody can pull off a 12.9 like Car & Driver did. The chances of a 03-04 Cobra having tirs/subframe connectors AND good driver to get it out of the hole is pretty slim.

And if street racing is so gay, then why do you care? Its not like these guys are gonna settle this on the track. Personally I would rather this happen on the street anyways, so the 99 can beat the shit outta the 03 over and over and over :D

so basically you are assuming that all 99 owners are amazing drivers but nobody with an 03 has a clue? Go over to modularfords.

If 03s aren't cracking 12s, I bet 90% of the 99s wouldn't crack 13s.

its a slower car stock, its a slower car modded, etc etc.

I care because you are spouting off like a jackass about how fast 99s are, when they really aren't anything special. So you beat a few camaros, big deal.

How do you know they aren't gonna settle it at the track? Maybe they are mature, responsible, and intelligent, unlike yourself.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
quadcammer said:
so basically you are assuming that all 99 owners are amazing drivers but nobody with an 03 has a clue? Go over to modularfords.

I care because you are spouting off like a jackass about how fast 99s are, when they really aren't anything special. So you beat a few camaros, big deal.

How do you know they aren't gonna settle it at the track? Maybe they are mature, responsible, and intelligent, unlike yourself.

No, you pretty much saying that this car will be snapping off 11s even though it is under fresh new ownership. I guess I didn’t know Terminators were that easy to drive with all that tourque off the line. :rolleyes:

Go ahead, make fun of my car. I really don’t care. My goal with the car was to match the performance of 12 sec cars with little money put into it, and I did. Maybe you should go out and blow a shitload of money on a Terminator since you love them so damn much. Too bad you will never be noticed since everyone and their dog has already been there and done that with one. :sleeping:

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
No, you pretty much saying that this car will be snapping off 11s even though it is under fresh new ownership. I guess I didn’t know Terminators were that easy to drive with all that tourque off the line.

Go ahead, make fun of my car. I really don’t care. My goal with the car was to match the performance of 12 sec cars with little money put into it, and I did. Maybe you should go out and blow a shitload of money on a Terminator since you love them so damn much. Too bad you will never be noticed since everyone and their dog has already been there and done that with one. :sleeping:

with sticky tires, 03s aren't exactly hard to drive.

whose making fun of your car. I said it was nice and quick. Its not an 11 second car, and around my area, high 12s won't get you very far.

Id love to own a terminator, but since my 99s resale value is so shitty, I won't get anything when I sell it.

once again, your insecurity shines through. I don't care about getting noticed. I didn't buy the car to impress people at carshows or girls at the local highschool. I bought it for my own personal enjoyment, not to get noticed.

The only reason people are any bit impressed by a 12 second 99 is because of the horrible reputation they have (recall, crappy irs, etc)

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
quadcammer said:

+1 the post above should basically kill this debate. All things the same 03/04>99/01. Quadcammer is right on and stating the facts...

Don't tell me I can take a 100bhp kia rental and run a 99 Cobra and if the 99 guy can't drive, peels out hard and I putt past him that I am faster. That assumption is just plain retarded. The 03/04's Cobras are just faster stock and modded, just like Quadcammer has stated.

There are whipple/kb cobra's in my area doing low 10's in the 1/4 and low 6's in the 1/8. I love(d) my 01 Cobra but I knew it's strengths and it's weaknesses.

Users who are viewing this thread