You New Edge guys won't like this...

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
No, you pretty much saying that this car will be snapping off 11s even though it is under fresh new ownership. I guess I didn’t know Terminators were that easy to drive with all that tourque off the line. :rolleyes:

Go ahead, make fun of my car. I really don’t care. My goal with the car was to match the performance of 12 sec cars with little money put into it, and I did. Maybe you should go out and blow a shitload of money on a Terminator since you love them so damn much. Too bad you will never be noticed since everyone and their dog has already been there and done that with one. :sleeping:
Why are you on a 03/04 Cobra hating spree?!?! I hate to say this without coming off like a dick, but you sound jealous. Nobody is making fun of your car, hell you have a beautiful Cobra and really know how to drive it which definitely shows in your videos and wins. No need to start putting down the 03/04 Cobras, they are great cars just like the 99/01. They both have there strengths and weaknesses....

2 good drivers, all things the same with the cars in question and it will be 03/04>99/01 all day... The only thing that you are stating sonic is a good 99/01 driver with less hp can beat a bad 03/04 driver with more hp... That really doesn't say anything. It only shows that it's not all about the cars or the hp it's about who is in the drivers seat and if they can drive.

Last edited:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
quadcammer said:
The only reason people are any bit impressed by a 12 second 99 is because of the horrible reputation they have (recall, crappy irs, etc)

Which is why I jumped in that thread.

It seems like a lot of the members on here haven’t started doing the right mods on their cars till recently. More and more people are starting to realize how easy you can make a 99/01 go fast with little money. That is why I get all worked up and excited when there is a discussion about a 99 vs a 03, because it would open a lot of eyes if the 99 was set up right. Too bad the chances are slim though.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
uh say what?

you think that you are the first person to think of steep gears and exhaust?

People have been doing those mods forever. Hell I had gears/exhaust/intake in 2001. thats 5 years ago guy

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Why are you on a 03/04 Cobra hating spree?!?! I hate to say this without coming off like a dick, but you sound jealous. Nobody is making fun of your car, hell you have a beautiful Cobra and really know how to drive it which definitely shows in your videos and wins. No need to start putting down the 03/04 Cobras, they are great cars just like the 99/01. They both have there strengths and weaknesses....

2 good drivers, all things the same with the cars in question and it will be 03/04>99/01 all day... The only thing that you are stating sonic is a good 99/01 driver with less hp can beat a bad 03/04 driver with more hp... That really doesn't say anything. It only shows that it's not all about the cars or the hp it's about who is in the drivers seat and if they can drive.

I guess I don’t really know how to explain it.
Here lately I have seen a lot of people look down on the 99/01 just because it is a piss-on compared to a 03-04. I guess It just bothers me, because the 99/01 seems to be overlooked in many people’s eyes. I get tired of people asking me why I didn’t buy a real Cobra etc etc. Its almost to the point where I don’t even like the 03-04s because of how people look at them.
Lol, I tried to change my order on the bumpers I bought yesterday because I decieded that I didn’t want my car to look like a Terminator, but it was too late. (I bought front and rear 03 bumpers.)

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
quadcammer said:
uh say what?

you think that you are the first person to think of steep gears and exhaust?

People have been doing those mods forever. Hell I had gears/exhaust/intake in 2001. thats 5 years ago guy

Did I say it was because of me? No. I actually did it because of the few very smart people on this board that had done it also.

When I joined this board, there was only a FEW people that had done a deep gear swap. Its not like now where there are a lot of geared cobras.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
I guess I don’t really know how to explain it.
Here lately I have seen a lot of people look down on the 99/01 just because it is a piss-on compared to a 03-04. I guess It just bothers me, because the 99/01 seems to be overlooked in many people’s eyes. I get tired of people asking me why I didn’t buy a real Cobra etc etc. Its almost to the point where I don’t even like the 03-04s because of how people look at them.
Lol, I tried to change my order on the bumpers I bought yesterday because I decieded that I didn’t want my car to look like a Terminator, but it was too late. (I bought front and rear 03 bumpers.)
Your frustration is understood and comes through b/c you love your car. By no means is a 99/01 Cobra a bad car, they are badass. I know a select few terminator owners come off like they are the Cobra Gods, but don't let the select few ruin it for the rest of us. I respect every car and to some respect like the diversity the 99/01 have. It's not always the same mods on a 99/01, but with a 03/04 it's always a pulley. That's why people love the 03/04's though they are easy to mod and have great gains. I still talk to the new owner of my 99/01 Cobra, stare at when we cruise and love the sound when he stomps it.

Hell, I bet you could beat me in a race and I have about 300 more rwhp then you do, lol. Yeah I know pathetic, but I suck at launching this thing, I am still getting used to it with the new clutch setup, crazy torque and all. I would catch up and go past you given length but the launch would look horrible. Sometimes it feels like I need slicks just to launch with all the torque.

I consider myself a decent driver, but a horrible racer... I hate the 99/01 and 03/04 Cobra rivalry. Any car can beat any car....any driver can beat any driver. Both cars are badass...

:beer:

Last edited:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Your frustration is understood and comes through b/c you love your car. By no means is a 99/01 Cobra a bad car, they are badass. I know a select few terminator owners come off like they are the Cobra Gods, but don't let the select few ruin it for the rest of us. I respect every car and to some respect like the diversity the 99/01 have. It's not always the same mods on a 99/01, but with a 03/04 it's always a pulley. That's why people love the 03/04's though they are easy to mod and have great gains. I still talk to the new owner of my 99/01 Cobra, stare at when we cruise and love the sound when he stomps it.

Hell, I bet you could beat me in a race and I have about 300 more rwhp then you do, lol. Yeah I know pathetic, but I suck at launching this thing, I am still getting used to it with the new clutch setup, crazy torque and all. I would catch up and go past you given length but the launch would look horrible. Sometimes it feels like I need slicks just to launch with all the torque.

I consider myself a decent driver, but a horrible racer... I hate the 99/01 and 03/04 Cobra rivalry. Any car can beat any car....any driver can beat any driver. Both cars are badass...

:beer:

It is kinda sad how some people can get butthurt on either sides of the argument. I’m one of them! I just don’t like reading how Cobra’s can’t be a threat unless they go EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:

Haha, ya.

The person that sits next to me just asked me what the hell was so funny, because I’ve had a smile on my face for like an hour now while typing useless infomation. Its not every day people actually talk about the older Cobras. :)

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3969152#post3969152

So I jumped into that thread knowing that I was gonna get flamed, but I really don't care. I like how the 99/01 is not only bashed on, but not a single one of those guys have ever came across one that was set up right. :rolleyes:
Maybe they should check into how easily a 99/01 Cobra can bust some ass before they badmouth them. :idea:
I am curious why you even stirred the pot? IT didnt look to me like they were saying anything bad about us just the fact that a 99 with typical botlons is very very highly unlikely to beat a terminator car making over 150 rwhp more. I would put my money on the term car 200% of the time!

I dont understand how people can get so offended by them saying their car is faster... stock for stock with equal drivers it is faster. spend $1000 on each canr and guess what... it is still faster. it isnt till you start dropping big money into a 99-01 car they just arent as fast as terminators. PERIOD. You may be able to launch one hard and out run one in the 18th because of the terminators traction problems however that doesnt make your car faster... just quicker. And under different circumstances, different drivers, different variables the terminator car making 100rwhp more than you should win hands down.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Why? Because it gives me something to read during the day. If I sence any kind of 99/01 bashing coming on, I’ll hop right in.

Of course they are the faster car in most cases, but just because they can trap higher doesn’t make them quicker. I don’t care if a car traps 10mph less then the other, if he wins he wins. If it was all about how fast their traps are, Supra’s would be god! :D

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
yeah but you are looking for a fight. no one over there bashed a 99-01 cobra. if it turns into bashing it is because you jumped in with a shitty attitude and made us all look bad

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
No worries, Travis. He didn't make anybody look bad short of himself. I personally love the 99's and plan on getting my fiance one when her fireturd finally dies.

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
yeah but you are looking for a fight. no one over there bashed a 99-01 cobra. if it turns into bashing it is because you jumped in with a shitty attitude and made us all look bad

WORD.. I was in that other thread and i said on more than one post occassion that i was not hatin' whatsoever on the New Edge snakes... i owned one for almost 2 friggin' years ! I enjoyed the car while i had it... From a financial standpoint i probably should've kept it because i had 0% financing on it and had gotten a really good deal (well under sticker) because the market was sorta sour for new car sales at that time..... BUT i ended up taking a ride in my buddies 03 Cobra he had just got chipped/pullied/tuned and i was forever bitten by the 03 bug... :shrug: I even entertained the idea of massively modding my 01 but after i found out how much $ i'd be putting out to probably be at about the level or a little better of a modded Termy i just decided to trade it in on an 03... luckily i owed less than it booked for so i didn't get reamed at the dealership ! :pepper: Both 99/01's and 03/04's are
badazz in their own rights !

Bob Cosby

Established Member
LOL. Funny stuff. Let me add just a bit, if I may. And be advised that there is some fact and some personal preference in this. I hope it is obvious which is which.

03/04 Cobras are faster, stock to stock, than 99/01.

03/04 Cobras are easier to make faster with bolt-ons. Actually, that's probably better written as "easier to make big power with bolt-ons". Either way, they're going to be quicker/faster.

I've had both a 99 Cobra and an 04 Cobra. My 550 RWHP 2004 was a sweet car - but given the opportunity, I'd take the 355 RWHP 99 in a heartbeat.

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
quadcammer said:
"terminater with a 2.93 upper pulley, a 4lb lower pulley, throttle body, plenum, and 4.10 gears and IRS brace. Bassani x-pipe and bassani cat-back exhaust"

If you dont' think thats an 11 second car, I don't know what to say.

you have beat a guy on the street. whoopdeedo.

go run your car at the track, get some times, and we'll see whats what.
Thats not a fast car its a tire burner.........

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
quadcammer said:
In my opinion all street racers are scumbags so what happens on the street has little meaning to me. I could give a shit less what little boys who run on the street beat.

Uh, a stock 99 cobra is about a 13.7 second car. yeah, its gonna take some mods to get down to the 12s. Thats a .8 second reduction. Thats about 80bhp for those keeping track.

03s go from an average of 12.8 (with limited traction) to mid 11s. Thats a reduction of about 1.3 seconds. That would be about 130bhp difference. Thats about 110rwhp. from 370rwhp to 480rwhp with mods. Thats about right for a mid 11 sec car. not to mention they get better tires.

yet again, i can find a guy with a 800rwhp turbo 03 that ran 14s, whats your point. people can't drive

A 450rwhp car will pretty easy beat a bolt on 99, there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

and finally, are you god damn kidding. 03>99, 01, 93, 94, 95, 96,97,98 and 07
So your saying that it takes a 99 cobra 400bhp to hit 12's...your a tool.

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
Its this simple. Car vs car in stock form they are faster in the 1/4. But ill take my lighter weight 01 anyday. With the smaller bolt ons term's are still faster. Once you get into more major stuff the new edge is faster, hell with very very minor head/valve work and some rods and pistons they are going to go faster with the same psi supercharger. And in the long run and tons of bucks they are the same ****ing car. New edge has way better gearing and weights less. Term has ass loads of power. Both are great cars.

Users who are viewing this thread