**** you cancer!!

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
I am Posting to share with you some very exciting news. I have decided to run The 2011 Marine Corps Marathon on October 30, 2011 with TeamAICR - Gnar Wallz! I am running the marathon in honor of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. As I train over the next few months to complete this 26.2 mile endurance event, I dedicate the miles to those who are enduring or have endured something far more difficult, cancer. They are my inspiration.

I have committed to raising at least $1,000 to help AICR’s important cancer research and education programs continue and grow. Great strides have been made, but there still is much to learn. I hope you will support my efforts by making a contribution. Please visit my personal page to make a donation online.

The American Institute for Cancer Research:

If you prefer to make a donation by check, you may make it payable to AICR. Include my name and "MCM" in the memo line and mail the checks to:

Katie Walls/TeamAICR Coordinator
American Institute for Cancer Research
1759 R Street, NW
Washington DC, 20009

Thank you so much for your support. I look forward to being in touch with you as my marathon training and fundraising efforts continue!

Sincerely,

Mark

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is a very commendable thing you're doing there Mark. I wish you the best. Is this your first marathon?

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
That is a very commendable thing you're doing there Mark. I wish you the best. Is this your first marathon?

Thank you! Yes first full marathon. I've done 10k's before, but this is a whole nother beast. It's totally worth it!
Very cool.

:thumbsup:

awesome man! 26 miles damn!

:thumbsup:

**** you indeed!

My kid brother is fighting cancer right now, so I'm all about this.

$$ Sent, good luck on your run! :beer:

Sorry to hear this man. What is his name? Wish him all the luck man. Thank you for your donation!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How long is your training program? And are you following a specific program? Just curious because I've run three 1/2 marathons and know that to train properly you have to commit to a strict regimen of typically 10 (1/2 marathon) or 16 weeks (full marathon) depending on the miles to be run.

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
His name is Will Smith - I made a thread about it on here back in April when we found out. He's had surgery and done 4 rounds of Chemo and is beating it slowly...

Thats awesome he's beating it! How old is he? Can you post the link?

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
How long is your training program? And are you following a specific program? Just curious because I've run three 1/2 marathons and know that to train properly you have to commit to a strict regimen of typically 10 (1/2 marathon) or 16 weeks (full marathon) depending on the miles to be run.

The program my team is using is 18 weeks long. 3 members are experienced marathon runners and are guiding us. We are all prior military and share the, "we won't quit" attitude. :beer:

s_x_i

Established Member

ssssnake

Established Member
johnnycash.jpg

CANCER!!!!!

I feel the same way. Donation made and good luck!

346CamaroSS

Established Member
This is very cool of you Mark. I recently ran an 8K for diabetes in May. I could not imagine running a full marathon. Good luck!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The program my team is using is 18 weeks long. 3 members are experienced marathon runners and are guiding us. We are all prior military and share the, "we won't quit" attitude. :beer:

That sounds great Mark. I know you'll do well. Wait until you cross the finish line. :rockon:

ItsReal93

Established Member
I am currently fighting cancer, so I would just like to say thank you!! I think what you're doing is amazing. I will be donating as soon as I get some money together. Let us know how it goes!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Donated Because of those we have lost:

My Grandfather
Gump
Black96SVT

and all those affected on this board.

My mom kicked cancers ass thankfully.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread