Yes a pulley question BUT.. I did use the search function!!!

fordfx584

Established Member
Hey guys I have a question that I was unable to find a answer for using the search function. I am looking at buying at idler set for my 03 cobra. This is what im looking at. Billetflow : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Here is my question im considering buying all four. But if i should decide to go with the single upper one would I need the bracket that they offer? What is the advantage to buying the bracket? Could I just buy the idler pulley alone and just plug and play? This/these will be going on with a 2.76 super charger pulley and a tune. Thanks guys!
Brandon

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You have to buy the bracket because it is an extra idler that the car does not have.

The factory setup only has 3 idlers. The 4th idler is put there for extra belt wrap when going with a smaller blower pulley (like the 2.76 you plan on running).

You will NEED all 4 with that setup. :thumbsup:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
well brandon id go with all four if you can...if you get the snub idler....yes you will need the bracket...the snub idler helps get rid of alot of beltslip

fordfx584

Established Member
Ok that clears it up!! However I thought all four is just for even more prevention of belt slip. I could just go with the idler pulley and bracket if desired right?

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Ok that clears it up!! However I thought all four is just for even more prevention of belt slip. I could just go with the idler pulley and bracket if desired right?

ya but like you said the four will get that belt even tighter.....you'll be fine im personally running a 2.81 with the steeda belt tensioner

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You have to buy the bracket because it is an extra idler that the car does not have.

The factory setup only has 3 idlers. The 4th idler is put there for extra belt wrap when going with a smaller blower pulley (like the 2.76 you plan on running).

You will NEED all 4 with that setup. :thumbsup:

This

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
In the 4 pulley setup in this case they send 1 92mm and 3 100mm. Where does the 92mm go???

Thanks

where-they-go-1.jpg

I would get Metco's set of pulleys. Their coating on the idlers is less prone to wear and they also offer double bearing idlers.

Users who are viewing this thread