Votes: 74 88.1%
  • Stick with the stock silver valve covers

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
So I got a set of valve covers powdercoated the same Ford wrinkle blue that is on the Aluminator motors, Ford GT's etc. I really like the look of them but I'm kind of debating installing them. Now I'm in the middle of a Whipple swap right now so this is the time to do it but I keep going back and forth. :shrug: Should I go for it? Here's a pic of my valve covers with Ford GT coil covers.

DSC00815.gif

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
DoIt.gif

If you do install them, post some pics up when you're done. I've been considering them for my DSG coupe and would like to see them in a DSG engine bay.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I could see some slight hesitation if you didn't already OWN THEM!!!:bash:

BUT SINCE YOU DO.... You should definitely put them on and then post a detailed, picture laden thread and video with cussing, smashed beer bottles and thrown tools as you remove the Hydro-Boost to gain access to the driver side valve cover.:-D:p

d4a3m2o1n

Banned

BUT SINCE YOU DO.... You should definitely put them on and then post a detailed, picture laden thread and video with cussing, smashed beer bottles and thrown tools as you remove the Hydro-Boost to gain access to the driver side valve cover.:-D:p

ok a little off topic, but can you tell me what a hydro-boost is? i know i could look it up and everything but having the answer written on this thread might help others who don't know either... and Jimmy i've seen you all over this site so if i had to chose someone on here who could answer some of my questions it would be you :thumbsup:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
ok a little off topic, but can you tell me what a hydro-boost is? i know i could look it up and everything but having the answer written on this thread might help others who don't know either... and Jimmy i've seen you all over this site so if i had to chose someone on here who could answer some of my questions it would be you :thumbsup:

I PMed you my answer.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Install them, they looks awesome. BTW, where did you get them powder coated and how much did it cost?

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member

:lol:

cotchnobra

Established Member
you shouldnt put them on they would look horrible but hey I can be your savior and take them off your hands. For real though those would look Bad Ass on your car!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I can't see your photos.. but for me I'd stick with the stock color.. (reason why I said that, the stock valve covers match my Silver Metallic paint to perfection)

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
blue is awesome, I just think wrinkle black is better :shrug: but its not my car. Blue is better than stock for sure :-D

Users who are viewing this thread