Yahoo Article: '03-'04 Cobra is a Future Classic

evolve

Established Member
I like the way this sounds. This was my high school dream car and I couldn't be more happy to have one.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Nice, and I'll wait for the young 5.0 Bro's to come in to debate this, lol.

you should wait for the shelby crowd...in 10+ years. The cobra had its day it is time to move on. Me personally would not hang on to a car till its worth anything mainly since you never know if you will live that long.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Who knows what the future will bring. I own mine cause I love to drive it and I always wanted one.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
you should wait for the shelby crowd...in 10+ years. The cobra had its day it is time to move on. Me personally would not hang on to a car till its worth anything mainly since you never know if you will live that long.

What if I don't want to move on and actually still like my 13 year old dinosaur?

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Nothing's wrong with not wanting to move on. All I'm getting at is. It's going to be along awhile till these newer cars are going to be worth anything.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Was my dream car when they came out I got one a year and a half ago. Love my outdated terminator lol.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
The 03/04 Cobra will become a collector.

How do I know this? Ask any owner what they think their car is worth or check out the sale ads. It'll become a collector because owners will convince everyone no matter what, that it is. :lol1: It'll be the first car strong-armed into collector status, lol.

oldmodman

Established Member
I can see a stone stock, original tires, absolutely new condition with less than 500 miles car going up in value in 30 to 50 years.

And if it was taken directly from the dealer still in it's wrapper, on a flatbed so no miles got put on it, then hidden in a climate controlled warehouse it might be worth more even sooner.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Easily will be a classic. Last of the labeled SVT cars. Only problem will be finding one that isnt modified.

sleek98

Established Member
Easily will be a classic. Last of the labeled SVT cars. Only problem will be finding one that isnt modified.

That would be the downfall of it. Most of the time the big money classics are original, or returned to original, cars. The modified ones typically don't bring as much money.

Zemedici

Established Member

That would be the downfall of it. Most of the time the big money classics are original, or returned to original, cars. The modified ones typically don't bring as much money.

Reason I'm asking a bit more for my car, never been pullied, no intake, no blower swap, etc. Factory eaton with the dinner plate on it :)

Users who are viewing this thread