X-Files 2016 Episode #1 was......

dom418

Established Member
Shoot half the members in this board weren't even born when the original X Files was on TV. Man I'm getting old

nate

Established Member
Tonight's episode is a true to form X Files. Awesome to see Mulder and Scully working together again.

2001sleeper

Established Member
Tonight's episode is a true to form X Files. Awesome to see Mulder and Scully working together again.
If that is true then I am probably done.
Too heroes like with poor story development. I guess I am ruined by shows like true detective (1st season), Vikings, walking dead, GoT.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
First episode was OK but necessary to start the plot. I thought the second one was good, I'll keep watching.

Blown 89

Established Member
The second episode was awesome. On one hand it sucks that this is only a 6 episode miniseries but on the other hand it's just short enough to give everyone a little bit of nostalgia without ruining it by milking its former glory too much and ruining the season.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Too heroes like with poor story development. I guess I am ruined by shows like true detective (1st season), Vikings, walking dead, GoT.

Sounds like you need to go back and watch some of the original TV series. They don't have enough time and episodes to develop the characters for those that aren't already familiar. The 90's TV series and the movies developed the three main characters and the main story arc fairly well. Even compared to a lot of stuff that was running at the time.

Blown 89

Established Member
True Detective was a God awful show. Seeing Alexandra Daddario naked was the only thing that saved my wife from me divorcing her for making me watch the first season. Definitely go watch some of the older X-files.

2001sleeper

Established Member
Y'all are probably right.
I need to watch some of the older ones as I was a lot younger then.

The part that irked me on the last one was him walking down the hallway, seeing a janitor, and then immediately stringing everything together. But as y'all have said, maybe that is just par for their elite problem solving. Not knocking it too much, just not used to it.

Blown 89

Established Member
Y'all are probably right.
I need to watch some of the older ones as I was a lot younger then.

The part that irked me on the last one was him walking down the hallway, seeing a janitor, and then immediately stringing everything together. But as y'all have said, maybe that is just par for their elite problem solving. Not knocking it too much, just not used to it.
Seeing as how both my wife and I said, "It's the janitor" the first time they were in the office and bumped into him it's not outside the realm of possibility they could figure it out.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i was a big fan of xfiles starting in high school and a few years after. i stopped watching it when they went overboard with the alien conspiracy stuff and him searching for his sister. i enjoyed the oddball phenomena much more. the different investigations like the guy who was the chupacabra or people with mysterious powers etc...

these new episodes brought that back with the kids with the mutations and the janitor with his "abilities". overall i thought they were good. i did find it kind of odd that mulder left the bureau years ago and all of a sudden he's right back in with an office, badge and gun. i never finished watching the original so i dont know if scully left the fbi or what. i didnt even know they had a kid together. did they mention that in the original?

Right now this is only a 6 episode miniseries. David Duchovney himself has stated the he is open to continuing with the franchise, but that he could not commit to regular 20 episode seasons. He doesn't think Gillian Anderson would be able to accomplish that either. So at least for now we get six new episodes and maybe a few more miniseries in the future. Maybe another movie. Chris Carter has a third movie, but I don't think he's ever stated if it would be produced or if it's something he just came up with for shits and giggles.

from what i heard its just finishing off season 10 which is why its short. that's also how i found it lol. i was looking on Kodi for some new form of it and then finally looked in season 10 and there it was.

True Detective was a God awful show. Seeing Alexandra Daddario naked was the only thing that saved my wife from me divorcing her for making me watch the first season. Definitely go watch some of the older X-files.

i think the first season of TD was meh but the second season was really good.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Good not great. Gillian Anderson must have had some bad plastic surgery, she can't move her upper lip and speak correctly. Joel Mchale is awful. I was too young when the show was on before, never really watched it. Saw most of the episodes on Netflix over the past few years though and I do like the original.

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I've been watching it, I'm into it. I never gave the original a shot, even though I remember the hoopla surrounding it. Later on I really got into Fringe as one of my favorite shows, so that interest kinda led me to watch the new X-Files episodes now. I guess I'll have to go on a big Netflix bender and watch the original episodes.

nate

Established Member
In case anyone was wondering why Mulder and Scully were back so quick, apparently the 2nd episode was originally the 4th episode. Fox switched up the order since the premier got some bad reviews and wanted to keep people tuned in. Hence the back to back airing.

Users who are viewing this thread