X-Files 2016 Episode #1 was......

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Fricken AWESOME!!:rockon: Looking forward to part #2 tonight at 8 pm..
True longtime fans if you haven't watched get with it!!

cbj5259

Established Member
Totally forgot to DVR...I'm guessing it will be available on demand though. Will be watching.

O'Neill

Established Member
I had to wait to download it in HD because of the local FOX network here. I had to wait 25 minutes for the post game wrap-up, followed by another 20 minutes of local news. So at 10:45 it finally came on, and the audio was messed up with an echo, and it had a narrator for the visually impaired. Absolutely horrible, and I couldnt change any settings, as it was a local FOX issue, so I just waited an hour and found the HD 720p version online and watched it.

Settings aside the horrible network experience, the show was actually pretty good. I grew up in the 90's watching it.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Man I fell asleep before I got to watch it. Will try and watch it today!

2001sleeper

Established Member
I am not an original x files guy, but I liked the episode last night for the most part. Seemed to cover a lot for some reason. Hope they don't have the writers from Heroes.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I thought it was great and also loved that it brought aspects of the movies into the plot.

The Smoking Man is looking like shit!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Good to hear, saw the last movie and was pretty much done with the franchise, even my dad who is a big Xfiles fan was like "uhh, that shouldve went straight to tv".

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Good to hear, saw the last movie and was pretty much done with the franchise, even my dad who is a big Xfiles fan was like "uhh, that shouldve went straight to tv".

I actually really liked X-Files: I Want to Believe

If you were expecting an alien conspiracy themed movie, I could see you wanting more. But my take on the whole thing was that although the X-Files focused on the mytharc theme quite heavily during it's television days, the show was still highly episodic in nature and covered concepts far beyond the alien conspiracy theme. The second movie keeps that tradition as episodic from the mytharc story arc that was continued in X-Files: Fight the Future and with this new mini-series.

I'm really glad they haven't changed the music myself.

Blown 89

Established Member
I enjoyed watching it for the nostalgia of it and am stoked for the rest of the episodes but last night's episode wasn't anything to write home about IMO. It was more of the same which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Back then there weren't a ton of great shows like that on so it was something special but these days shows like that are a dime a dozen which kills some of the excitement over it.

I like that they're not treating it as a reboot and are officially calling it Season 10 of the original series. It took me a few days to realize why my indexer wasn't picking up a 2016 version of the show and only saw the 1993 original lol.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I enjoyed watching it for the nostalgia of it and am stoked for the rest of the episodes but last night's episode wasn't anything to write home about IMO. It was more of the same which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Back then there weren't a ton of great shows like that on so it was something special but these days shows like that are a dime a dozen which kills some of the excitement over it.

I like that they're not treating it as a reboot and are officially calling it Season 10 of the original series. It took me a few days to realize why my indexer wasn't picking up a 2016 version of the show and only saw the 1993 original lol.

If your like me and have a degree in video production you might have been more impressed with episode #1, Chris Carter is a visionary and the Cinematography was On Point... A step up from Mike and Molly right?:lol1:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
We talking about the guy that shot Kennedy (cigarette guy)? Plan to watch it tonight. Was a big fan of the original.

Blown 89

Established Member
If your like me and have a degree in video production you might have been more impressed with episode #1, Chris Carter is a visionary and the Cinematography was On Point... A step up from Mike and Molly right?:lol1:
I owned a video production studio in the 2000's but to be honest I was preoccupied doing other things while it was on to really notice.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I wonder if this show will go the way of a few cable programs.

Put a lot of effort/money into only 10 episodes a year.

Right now this is only a 6 episode miniseries. David Duchovney himself has stated the he is open to continuing with the franchise, but that he could not commit to regular 20 episode seasons. He doesn't think Gillian Anderson would be able to accomplish that either. So at least for now we get six new episodes and maybe a few more miniseries in the future. Maybe another movie. Chris Carter has a third movie, but I don't think he's ever stated if it would be produced or if it's something he just came up with for shits and giggles.

Users who are viewing this thread