X.B.A. High Flow Intake System by Power By the Hour VS FRPP twin 65

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
Van emailed me this " I contacted Jon Lund this morning and he outlined that these cars are making a tremendous amount of power with the XBA inlet and oval throttle body and they require a KB Dual BAP even with the 2.4 upper pulley. The last thing anybody wants is their car going lean on fuel pump." I have ordered the KB dual BAP and will be installing it with with the inlet and TB.

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
Van emailed me this " I contacted Jon Lund this morning and he outlined that these cars are making a tremendous amount of power with the XBA inlet and oval throttle body and they require a KB Dual BAP even with the 2.4 upper pulley. The last thing anybody wants is their car going lean on fuel pump." I have ordered the KB dual BAP and will be installing it with with the inlet and TB.

Awesome, I need to pick one up asap...

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
Got it all in and installed.. little issue with the TB and the throttle response after a WOT pull.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?994318-Throttle-unresponsive-revisited

20150507_232657_zps1hhrttki.jpg

20150507_232725_zps2jvrqy4t.jpg

20150507_232855_zpstjxtlinb.jpg

20150507_232908_zps9y35vqgz.jpg

20150508_102947_zpsfavyjlgr.jpg

20150508_105432_zpsw9itknwd.jpg

Last edited:

TT91Coupe

Established Member
Great setup!! It makes a ton of power!!! I could not believe how well it drives. What do you think, I know you are having the issues after a hard pull.

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
Great setup!! It makes a ton of power!!! I could not believe how well it drives. What do you think, I know you are having the issues after a hard pull.

I agree, the car pulls crazy hard. Complete different car from stock, pretty amazing what a difference a few bolt on parts made.

If I can get the WOT issues figured out it would be great. The problem is not on the gas, only when a let off does it occur.

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
looks great, with E85 you should make some killer power

Might be down the road.. going to wait until I can get the rods and such replaced in the motor first before I go any further with power. Having headers and mid-pipe installed today and that is it until built motor. Dont want to have a window installed in the block.

Once the motor is setup to go further, I will look at stepping up with a overdrive and fuel support to match... and then maybe a different supercharger after that.

I wonder what is to be gain from just running a safer fuel like e85. I have stock injectors and fuel pumps now with a KB dual BAP. I have two gas stations with e85 within 5 miles right now in town.

Last edited:

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
I had the dead pedal issue when I first installed the XBA kit but Lund was able to fix it in the tune.

Lund said a lot of people are having these issues with these throttle bodies. The last I heard KB was sending Lund a TB to test on their test car. My dead pedal issue is fixed but I'm having really bad back firing on deceleration.

Users who are viewing this thread