X.B.A. High Flow Intake System by Power By the Hour VS FRPP twin 65

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
Currently I have a stock 2013 and am looking at doing some upgrades and these cars seem to really like air. I'd like to keep the stock 2.3 TVS in the end and a E85 tune.I am debating on getting this package with the JLT 155mm super big air CAI. This seems a better route than going FRPP twin 65 and 127mm. Other than a little more expensive is this a bad route to go ? is it to big?

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Hi,

I have this setup and then some... I see you are planning on doing E85, what else do you have in mind of doing to the car?

Manuel

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
2.4 + 10% long tubes and exhaust (really like the stainless works system) is what I had planned on with a E85 tune(Id 1300's with a BAP).

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Words of advise, get a dyno tune and make sure the tuner drives the car with you after the dyno tune to fine tune the driveabilty.

Regards,

Manuel

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
+1 for the XBA!! If converting to an E85 setup, make sure to test the E85 at the pump. There's mostly winter blends consisting of E70 around here in the Northeast.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
460F6D49-E27F-49FC-9EDF-8CB0E94F9070_zpsnz5vyogu.jpg

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Then add Ported blower and cams.....Where in the 900rwhp would you end up at? Would the rods hold?

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
I just order up the PBH elbow and KB 168mm TB with JLT Super Big Air CAI. Also have 2.4 pulley going on and some ARH 1 7/8 headers and off-road mid pipe. I would love to go e85 in the future with a 10% overdrive as I have two stations in town witb e85 at the pump. But then it will limit my ability to drive the car away from home any distance. Would be nice to have a lower boost tune for 93 for more street driving.

Also have a question about tuning the car, is this setup a tune that can been done by email with the 2.4, PBH elbow, KB 168, Super Big Air?

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
I'm currently running a 2.4 upper and jlt 127. I just ordered a XBA frim Van and was informed that I need a BAP. Ive added it to my order and will be installing these in the coming weeks. This setup will be for 93 octane until I recieve injectors in the future for a e85 setup. Lund racing also wanted a data log session after the tune to check everything. I will post some dyno numbers and track times when I get everything finished.

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
I'm currently running a 2.4 upper and jlt 127. I just ordered a XBA frim Van and was informed that I need a BAP. Ive added it to my order and will be installing these in the coming weeks. This setup will be for 93 octane until I recieve injectors in the future for a e85 setup. Lund racing also wanted a data log session after the tune to check everything. I will post some dyno numbers and track times when I get everything finished.

So it was recommended that you run BAP with a 2.4 pulley, stock lower and XBA elbow and KB 168mm tb?

Can anybody else comment on this? Fixing to install this exact setup.

What kinda BAP did you get? Dual Boost Pump KB.

Users who are viewing this thread