WYOTECH Bullsh*t

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Reviving an oldie for a laugh

We graduated Wyotech September of 2005. Overall, it was a good experience being it was the cheapest way for me to receive a college diploma from an out of state college.

Do you realize that Wyotech is not a College, it is a tech school that offers vocational certificates?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Technical school / college -- it was the out of state experience that I was going after. Thanks for the info, though? :rolleyes:

Please feel to roll your eyes all you want. You spent all that money and dont know that it isnt a college degree:shrug:

STG

Banned
i guess wyo isn't to bad...the worse part is i have business classes for three months. I won't get to touch a car for a while. im taking collison and street rod...WyotechMSA im in beaufort also..are place isnt that bad...im guessing your in night classes if you are posting during the day. i was on my break in ASM.

Don't knock business classes. You'll learn all kinds of neat shit like how to correctly fill out an estimate and properly calculate your costs so when you open your own shop you won't go broke in two months or have the IRS indict you on tax fraud. Hopefully, you'll learn stuff like "2/10, net 30" so your suppliers won't rip you blind.

You'll have to take English classes for to learn when to use worse and worst.

Last edited:

69mach03

Established Member
Please feel to roll your eyes all you want. You spent all that money and dont know that it isnt a college degree:shrug:

You totally missed the point.

Wtf man -- I know it is a technical / vocational college. It's an automotive organization that offers 9 month programs. I don't know of any place that offers "college" degrees in less than 2 years of school. I'm attending my local community college now part time to acquire a business degree.

If educational knowledge and arrogance was your majors -- you'd be top of the class! :bored:

Juruense

Banned
Who cares what the other students are saying, follow Kilgore's three steps to success:
-study
-learn
-profit

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I hang the diploma on the wall of the Ford dealership I work at. The funny part is, my weak areas of expertise during my time at Wyotech were drivetrain components - rear ends and transmissions. I've done MORE rear end and transmission work in the last couple years that I couldn ever imagine doing.

Don't you work in the parts department>??? :??:

69mach03

Established Member
Don't you work in the parts department>??? :??:

Way to bring this one up from the grave! lol

I run an eBay store for the local Ford dealership here in Seaford, Delaware.

I actually race for points to represent our track for the Division 1 Bracket Finals quickly approaching us. Got the car loaded up and ready to go, if the rain holds off.

So, I have my time to wrench on them. And I find some time to do a little side work as well. Currently attending my local community college, working towards a Business degree too.

What difference does it make to you or anyone else on this board what I do as a career? I make just as much money as the guys in our shop that's my age and don't get dirty. I can organize a project any day during the week on MY OWN TIME and am not constantly trying to beat the clock - I prefer it to be that way.

Last edited:

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
What about UTI??

samething at uti, went there for a year, it sucked. i ended up dropping all my extra classes so i could get out as soon as possible. i learned more at the dealership i been working at since junior year in high school then i learned there. dont get me wrong tho, some of my friends like it, but most of them didnt. im more of a hands on learner, seemed like most of the time i was there i was watching slide shows on how to do this. seems like there all about taking your money now and days and not teaching. ran me 25 thousands for just the basic course.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I went to lincoln tech, was it BS sure, were most the people there stupid, def. but I went in with some knowledge, came out with more, got accepted into the BMW training program, and now I am making good money. So tough it out, you can only get out of it what you put into it

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Tech schools like this are a necessary evil. While those who are knowledgeable dont learn much, its the certificates that land jobs. Sadly it doesnt take much to get that certificate, and we all know street smarts beats out book smarts 9 times out of 10.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
What about UTI??

in my opinion UTI is worse. i almost went up there, and im glad i did not. The few kids i know that went there, and came back all work at dobbs. ( not that there is anything wrong with that, but that IS what they mean by "job placement" for the most part).

one kid went there, came back and now is running a wannabe shop out of his dads country garage. he hands out business cards lol. the thing is....the first car he did was for his buddy....and they built a motor in his 99 c5 vette. took it to the dyno, and blew it up.
he blamed it on the tuner...but the oil pump failed. :).....rebuilt it..and threw a rod. TWICE his fault.

somehow....i dont think thats the tuners fault. from my experience these kids go away to these schools and learn how to FIX things....not build 600 hp street cars......but thats what they think.

Last edited:

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
tech schools like this are a necessary evil. While those who are knowledgeable dont learn much, its the certificates that land jobs. Sadly it doesnt take much to get that certificate, and we all know street smarts beats out book smarts 9 times out of 10.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread