WYOTECH Bullsh*t

lifter213

Established Member
RacineRacing said:
"slammed duellies are so bad ass"

They are if its done right. Just because its a truck doesnt mean it has to be a lifted 4x4. I can appreciate the looks of a lifted truck or a slammed one. Even though i'd rather cruise in the lowered one.

Last edited:

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Wyotech over here in Sac is way different from what i have heard, not so many ricers. too rich for my blood though, im just takin classes at community college instead.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
My buddy is currently there (PA) and I talk to him about every 2 weeks or so. It might be different on the west coast but from what he tells me it's a damn good school. Seems like he is learning a sh*t load more everytime I talk to him. Of course there are going to be the wannabe mechanic ricers that just got inspired by Fast and the Furious, but what do you expect? :shrug: You learn the ins and outs of everything with modern technology. Most of the kids there drive Ford's or Chevy's from what he tells me. I don't think it's a waste of money at all if thats what you love to do.

RacineRacing

Established Member
I don't think there is anything wrong with the program...its just the day to day B.S. listening to kids that have no idea what they are talking about...I found a few guys that know what they are talking about in my class. A guy from georgia with a 2nd gen L and a guy from Rapid with a WRX thats into some of the finer points of imports. (i.e. no body kit, no fart can, no heavy wheels, neons ect.) We get together during the breaks to share stories of all the stupid comments we have heard. the latest is: to ricer boys arguing about a pic of an import, if it had a centrifugal blower or a turbo. Grated for the average non-automotive enthusist it may be hard to tell because casing similarities...but come on...we are at Wyotech wtf :shrug:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Yea, nobody ever said we werent learning a shitload of stuff. I had never even touched a car as far as bodywork goes in my whole life until I came here and now Im more than confident in my abilties to do the work. Most kids hate it here because of the town itself, the politics (after all this is just a big Catholic school) and mostly the amount of clueless people that go here. Yea Im a night student RR. What building do you live in? Im 708. Ive got a buddy in my class who is all about 5.0s and he knows an assload about Mustangs, he has worked for Granatelli and X2C Motorsports, he knows way more than me about almost everything..to do with mustangs that is.

69mach03

Established Member
I'm RacineRacing's roommate. We came 1800 miles out of Delaware to attend Wyotech for one year.

I toured the Blairsville, PA campus a couple years ago before the new buildings were constructed. They must have leased some horribly old shop buildings and small warehouses to work out of when Blairsville was getting established. The foundation for the new buildings could actually be seen about a mile up the road. Either way, I crossed off Blairsville from my list since I did not care for the town. It felt like a truck stop exit off the interstate.

We checked out NADC (Nashville Auto Diesel College) in Nashville, Tennessee and I didn't care for it much either. The town was obviously better than Blairsville, but the conditions were horrible. Each building, parking area, classroom, and piece of equipment looked like hell.

Sure, I can admit most people rank UTI (Hot Rod U) over Wyotech. During the Summer of 2003, we organized a trip. We stopped at NADC first and while we were on the way out to Wyotech of Laramie, Wyoming- I figured it would be worth our time to stop in Chicago at UTI. Well, blame their computer technicians or whomever you'd like, but I never got a reply to my email inquiry regarding a tour of the school. Furthermore, they were crossed off my list.

Unlike UTI, I contacted Wyotech and got an instant reply. They actually suggested a local hotel where we would be granted a discount room cost while we were touring the Wyotech facilites. Their customer service and organization impressed me through e-mail, so I was excited to compare Laramie with Blairsville.

Personally, I like Laramie as a town. It's a laid back environment and there are a good amount of businesses for shopping, service, eat, etc. The college life sums up to approximately 10,000 University of Wyoming students and just over 2,000 Wyotech students. I feel comfortable in the town because I know I'm not a part of the notorious 'Techer' crowd. I've been involved with drag racing and cars since I was born. I don't know everything about the automotive field and that's why I'm here- to learn.

I do agree with Chris and many others. A majority of the Wyotech students come to class like it's the set of 3 Fast 3 Furious. I'm lucky enough to be in Automotive Technology for my first 6 months, so here's what I get to listen to in class.

"Man! People didn't even know what Skylines were until 2 Fast 2 Furious"
"Dude, Hayabusa--- that's a fast bike! Especially with a turbo!"
"You wanna top out your car? Just get a lot of nitrous and hit it!"
"I'm sponsered by _____________________."
"I have a _______________ at home."
"My ____________ is fast as hell."
"I'm trying to put 20's on my __________."

I could be here all night. Either way, I'm getting a good grasp of knowledge in such a short period of time. Sometimes you've just got to ignore the ignorance and laugh. For these kind of figures, you have to.

6 months core - Automotive Technology
Consisting of: Engine Management Systems I & II, Chassis, & Drivetrain
3 month add on - High Performance Engines + Chassis Fabrication
3 month add on - Streed Rod + Custom Fabrication

Tuition Cost: $27,700
Housing Cost: $ 3,300

:shrug: :thumbsup:

03CobraBro

Established Member
RacineRacing said:
:nonono: I have now started my classes at Wyotech here in laramie, WY. When I got here i was fairly excited just to talk to guys from all over the country with all kinds of automotive knowledge and taste. well, wishful thinking. Its now my second week. Everyone thinks they are a hard ass. here are some of the more interesting things ive heard lately...
"Man, my honda is so fast"
"American cars are cool, but I love beating them with my little import"
"my friend back home has this_____and will run this_______"
"slammed duellies are so bad ass"
"H2s are sooo much better then escalades"
"I know a kid running a ball-bearing turbo on a honda with no wastegate and no intercooler but its fast as hell"

Im glad my "import" is sitting at home with no motor in it...thats the way it should be. 11 more months till i can buy my modular ford car.

If your planning on going to wyotech...don't plan on talking up and modular or blower talk. the only thing cool here is loud BOV's and you ain't got sh*t unless your running a body kit with underglow.

Is it Wyotech or Lincoln tech and it shows this bum sitting on the couch flipping through the channels and then it's like "Would you like to work on one of these!" then it flips to a riced out Neon "Or how about one of these!?" and it shows civic with a 3 foot tall spoiler. It reminded me of a commercial from one of the Grand Theft Auto games.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Yea most people will bullshit you all day long here if youll listen. But its not too hard to find the right people to hang out with if you just look.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I have a tech school here in town as well, and the only reason most kids go there is because they aren't capable of getting into real college. I don't think wyo-tech is that bad, but this one is. I get so sick of the vo-techers being total idiots, I just had one last night tell me he was clocked at 157 in his mid 90's 4x4 rusted ass chevy with straight pipes. I asked him if he wanted to race my stroker for 150 bucks in the 1/4, nahh man, we go for top end where I am from:bash: I got turned off about wyotech for the cost, and the recruiter had a video with Roy Brizios street rod, and she told me that wyotech built AND painted it. It might be good for some people, but it just didn't look like a promising deal for me.

69mach03

Established Member
Reviving an oldie for a laugh

We graduated Wyotech September of 2005. Overall, it was a good experience being it was the cheapest way for me to receive a college diploma from an out of state college. Just like any other kid coming out of high school, when I graduated in 2004 -- I wanted to see a little bit of the country and go to school somewhere far away from Delaware. I dropped Street Rod during my last few weeks of High Performance Engines / Chassis Fab. 9 months, like $23k later... I hang the diploma on the wall of the Ford dealership I work at. The funny part is, my weak areas of expertise during my time at Wyotech were drivetrain components - rear ends and transmissions. I've done MORE rear end and transmission work in the last couple years that I couldn ever imagine doing. I guess that's what I get for drag racing a 5-speed car.

Figured I would wake this old post up from the dead to educate any current or future Laramie, Wyoming Wyotech students. I've heard they have made some EXTREME living improvements since 05. Can anyone verify this?

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
hahaha, I hear ya man, I went to lincoln tech close to baltimore

oh the things I heard, I had to explain to people that were talkin shit that their stock hondas with exhaust were not goin to beat me.

just tough it out man, it gets better

69mach03

Established Member
hahaha, I hear ya man, I went to lincoln tech close to baltimore

oh the things I heard, I had to explain to people that were talkin shit that their stock hondas with exhaust were not goin to beat me.

just tough it out man, it gets better

LOL -- this post is over 3 years old man. Just reminiscing.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
LMAO, sounds like UTI in Orlando.

Just install a program called FOCUS. What it does is that, you will only focus on your schooling & during lunch just take a text book & review over the coarse. Thats what I had while I was in UTI & it worked out great.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
What kind of idiot would run a turbo honda with no wastegate or IC, BOOM!!

BTW, my wastegate is broken :D

they kind that either dont actually have one thats turbo or know nothing of how things work.

Sure, its probably fast, until it breaks. Gotta love open deck blocks and toothpick rods.

Users who are viewing this thread