WYOTECH Bullsh*t

RacineRacing

Established Member
:nonono: I have now started my classes at Wyotech here in laramie, WY. When I got here i was fairly excited just to talk to guys from all over the country with all kinds of automotive knowledge and taste. well, wishful thinking. Its now my second week. Everyone thinks they are a hard ass. here are some of the more interesting things ive heard lately...
"Man, my honda is so fast"
"American cars are cool, but I love beating them with my little import"
"my friend back home has this_____and will run this_______"
"slammed duellies are so bad ass"
"H2s are sooo much better then escalades"
"I know a kid running a ball-bearing turbo on a honda with no wastegate and no intercooler but its fast as hell"

Im glad my "import" is sitting at home with no motor in it...thats the way it should be. 11 more months till i can buy my modular ford car.

If your planning on going to wyotech...don't plan on talking up and modular or blower talk. the only thing cool here is loud BOV's and you ain't got sh*t unless your running a body kit with underglow.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I guess we can owe all of this to The Fast and Furious. Everyone wants to be the mechanic that can make their car jump over bridges with their neons glowing.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Hey youre here in Laramie too? What classes you takin man? Im a collision/refinishing student. Ive been here 4 months, and trust me bro, this school will get way better if you find the right people. Look me up sometime, we can talk all about moduar muscle if you want. Drop me a PM and maybe we can meet up sometime.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
XR8TED285 said:
i went there waste of time and money
How long does their standard automotive technician program last...and how much does it cost? I've heard some crazy tuition cost quotes from that place.

-Greg

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
WyoTechMSA said:
Main auto core is 6 months long, prices near 20K
Do you guys have to live in dorms or something? Does that cost include housing?

-Greg

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Yea that is including living in tech housing. But you dont have to live in dorms, then again good luck finiding any apartments around here cheap.

Last edited:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
2 high school friends of mine went to Wyotech, one is now working as a manager of a collision repair shop in Scottsdale, AZ, the other works for a Chicago import dealer turning wrenches on Michael Jordan's Ferraris. Its a great place to learn and get skills that you'll use forever.

But its strange that its all import like you say. They went there in lik 97-98 or so and it was all about "4X4's" and old muscle cars. They both said the "buddy holly" looking dude is cool as hell, does all the leading and hot rod courses. I wish I had the $$ to go there back in the day. :read: get some skillz

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Guys on a website picking up other guys...Priceless :banana:
WyoTechMSA said:
Hey youre here in Laramie too? What classes you takin man? Im a collision/refinishing student. Ive been here 4 months, and trust me bro, this school will get way better if you find the right people. Look me up sometime, we can talk all about moduar muscle if you want. Drop me a PM and maybe we can meet up sometime.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Oh and RR, just wait til you hear this one..."My buddy back home has a hatchback Civic, and its all motor and he runs 8s all day long, he aint got no interior or nothing, and its real light. Hey Mark I bet he could take your Cobra anyday." That gets annoying real quick.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Can be horrible. Depends on where you get stuck. If you live in beaufort like me i dont think its that bad, but McCue (McCubicle) is terribly small, and yes its true, Wyotech does rent rooms from motel 8 that tech students have to live in.

RacineRacing

Established Member
i guess wyo isn't to bad...the worse part is i have business classes for three months. I won't get to touch a car for a while. im taking collison and street rod...WyotechMSA im in beaufort also..are place isnt that bad...im guessing your in night classes if you are posting during the day. i was on my break in ASM.

Users who are viewing this thread