www.ls1tech.com

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Both LS1's and '03 Cobras a badass AMERICAN built muscle cars. I give props to both out on the road. Many LS1 owners think they can't be beaten. The same goes for Cobra owners. You'd understand the potential of the LS1 and the '03 Cobra once you've owned both. ;)

Generally speaking, everyone at LS1Tech.com shows a lot of respect for '03 Cobras.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I've posted on ls1tech.com. They've been nothing but nice to me. A lot of them are former or current fox-body owners as well. Now, camaroz28 is a complete joke. I got booted from their forum for saying eagle alloys suck. Oh, and that some kids purple purple camaro was ugly. And it had eagle alloys.

I can see why they don't mention the 03'+'s. And as soon as someone finds a stock one against their juiced, geared, cammed ls-1 and pull ahead by a car or two they think they're gods.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I actually really like that site. I value the guys opinions, and for the most part I see alot of respect from the LS boys towards the Cobras. You have to admit in most cases they do have a power advantge over us. I think we have an asethetics advantage over them. I love both cars for what they are. I appreciate a V8 in this day in age and for that I love all of them.
The LS1 crew has got a really good knowledge base, and for the most part I feel that they may know there motors better than some of the guys on this site.....I can hear the after burners comming on. There are alot of guys on both sides that are very knowledge able, but from what I have seen they tend to focus on details inside of the engine rather than bolt ons. I guess they have jsut resorted to that now that GM has made dinosaurs out of them. Please don't flame, I don't mean any disrespect I am just telling you how I feel about them. I think we shoul all learn from each other.

00blkgtp

Established Member
Poopnut, i hope your kidding, because a juiced, geared, and cammed ls1 will run w/ if not beat a kenne belle blown cobra.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I'm kidding to an extent. But it's true to another extent. My buddy has a stall, 100 shot, and a cam, not sure what kind in his 98' Z-28 and could probably pull off a low 7 in the 1/8th mile. I don't know what a KB cobra would run. But I've seen many stock ones running LOW 8's.

I like LS-1's personally. For the most part. I like the motor but not really the 98'+ F-bods looks. I prefer the 93-97 looks of both the camaro and the fireturd/TA's. 97+ vettes rule though.

Nine Ball

LSX Dude
Established Member
All of you Mustang owners are always welcome on LS1TECH. We do have the most hardcore LS1 owners in the country on our site, as well as all the key LS1 shops as sponsors. We also have alot of respect for the '03 Cobras, and enjoy seeing the results from them.

As someone else has stated, the majority of our staff and members are former (and current) Mustang owners. Honestly, if it were not for the LS1 engine itself, I'd have never bought another F-body. I've owned a 5.0 and a 4.6 Mustang, and have kept tabs on their progress. Hopefully some of you guys do the same thing with the GM camp.

Tony

DD966WS6

Established Member
Funny, in my experiences, the only real bashing between GM and FORD owners only goes on in these forums. Whether on the street or at the track, FORD and GM have been very complimentary and respectful. On the other hand, almost all the import owners I've run into have been punks.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by DD966WS6
Funny, in my experiences, the only real bashing between GM and FORD owners only goes on in these forums. Whether on the street or at the track, FORD and GM have been very complimentary and respectful. On the other hand, almost all the import owners I've run into have been punks.

Hmm, I wouldn't agree that this place is bash city. I will agree that MOST import owners are punks, I guess it takes one to own one. I do love the STI though. (dones flame suit that retards ricer ebonics)

enisguy

Established Member
Sad to see us looked down upon...
We fully respect the 2003 Cobra. If I were to buy a new car this year, it would definitely be a 2004 Cobra. Our mod has a 600RWHP '03 Cobra, it's a sick machine. I wish I had one :thumbsup:

Originally posted by poopnut2
"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time."

My god that's a long ass life.

:lol: Best quote ever.

Originally posted by NBS4
Glad i ruffled a few feathers with my comments. :)

That being said... The SRT4 guys are awesome. They are so cocky it's ****ing hilarious. I haven't ran into one with the Cobra yet but i stomped one already with my S4. There's nothing like putting bus lengths on them by 60mph.

^ Lmao, back when I first bought my car as a project car I pulled about 3-4 lengths on a bolt-on SRT-4. Funny thing was, back then I was trapping 95-98 mph through the quarter.

Last edited:

Carbon

Established Member
Originally posted by Killer03Cobra
In my opinion all of our american cars should stick together. All trans ams camaros vettes and all kinds of mustangs should be on the same side. We should be teaming up against all the imports! I've owned 2 vettes and 2 stangs, they are all fast american cars.

I totally agree with that

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by enisguy
Sad to see us looked down upon...
We fully respect the 2003 Cobra. If I were to buy a new car this year, it would definitely be a 2004 Cobra. Our mod has a 600RWHP '03 Cobra, it's a sick machine. I wish I had one :thumbsup:

I for one don't look down upon you and I didn't start this thread for that. My brother-in-law and his family are all chevy lovers, they can't stand my car and it just seemed that was kinda what was going on over there. I see that it wasn't and that it was my mistake, I HIGHLY respect everyone's comments and even the owner chiming in. You guys have an A1 site in my books. I just want to see some more posts of losing to the terminators :)

enisguy

Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobraclone
I for one don't look down upon you and I didn't start this thread for that. My brother-in-law and his family are all chevy lovers, they can't stand my car and it just seemed that was kinda what was going on over there. I see that it wasn't and that it was my mistake, I HIGHLY respect everyone's comments and even the owner chiming in. You guys have an A1 site in my books. I just want to see some more posts of losing to the terminators :)

That's cool then :) My best friend owns a 98 GT, it's slow as dirt now (14.7@94mph), but I respect it for what it is (and what it will be... he's got money lined up for an entire aftermarket heads/cams swap). Before he got that car I was pretty close minded when it came to Fords, now I respect every car for what it is, though. I think the major turning point was when he took me to our local SVT dealer, and I saw about 15 '04 Cobras lined up when they just got them in :bowdown: That was when I decided I'd rather have an '04 Cobra then an '04 Vette if I had to buy a brand new car.

You guys have a nice site as well. I'll have to start visiting more often. :rockon:

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
enisguy, Thanks, we have a few modded ls1's around here, pretty stout a couple are. I find most stocker ls1's give respect to the car either pull up and say great car etc. or drop back. I disrespect no one really. Those ricer guys at work about it. :beer:

FLYNLO

Established Member
I have always enjoyed this site and respected the folks on here. LS1tech is what I would probably consider my home site. A good bunch over there. Like someone said, the moderator for the Kills section is a friggn' 03 Cobra owner.....how F***ked up is that!!!!!! There is always someone faster....and he might be driving a bowtie. :beer:

Last edited:

Josey

Trouble Maker
Established Member
Yes...we appreciate the very good compliments....you're site looks great and sounds like you have some good people.

Even w/my 99' Bird I'm looking to buy a slightly used 03' Cobra to play with...a KB headers, x-pipe, and Cat-back....push 20lbs of boost...yeah....that would be a great toy to drive.

talk to ya later!!

ActionJack

Established Member
I enjoy the LS1Tech site allot since I have a 01' WS6. I have also enjoyed a 5.0 GT in 94' or 95' (I am getting old I guess but I beleive it was a 95' and it was my sisters).

I have only had one Cobra race me and it was at a 40 roll (I have an A4) and we statyed together until at arounnd 55 to 60 I then started inching on him and at 80 I was almost a car length ahead. This had to be a 01' Cobra but the guy did not hang for a thumbs up or a exchange of car info.

Lately I have wanted to run vs a 03 Cobra, I do not care if I lose I would like to see what I could do. Yesterday I saw a Mach 1 with a Cobra Jet hood and wanted to run vs it but the gal driving looked like she did not want to run. If there is anyone in the Sterling Heights Michigan area that wants to have a friendly run I would like that. I do not claim to be able to beat a later Cobra or Mach1 stock. Sh!t, I have a pretty much stock WS6. I just ran a 13.5 at Milan with bald tires and some wheel spin with a 2.2 60 ft which sucks ass. But it was my first time at the 1/4 ever and was having fun.

Also, I am not pro GM or Ford. Shit, I may get a 2006 Stang if the HP and price are right and GM cannot do better than their yuppy old guy GTO.

:coolman:

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
I agree, I think all the American guys should stick together. I'm equal parts bowtie and blue oval, simply because they both provide what I love: neck snapping V8 stoplight warriors.

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Is it just me or am I the only one not seeing a kill story here?

I can see what the original poster was saying about LS1 owners, because hell on most f body boards they downtalk almost any poster with an LT1. Every forum has their clowns.

Users who are viewing this thread