WTH??? Where have all the 3" catbacks gone??

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
I've been trying to look up 3" cat backs for my terminator. Flowmaster no longer list one. Can't find any part numbers on dynomax ultra flow either. I saw the bassani and I think kooks makes one. So what gives here? If I can't find one, I guess I'll have to stick with my magna flow until I piece together a custom one. Anybody know of any different ones I'm missing or haven't thought of?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I couldn't find anything on Jeg's for the Dynomax kit Tim referred to, so I did a Google search and found that Mustangs Unlimited sells the kit I believe Tim has on his wife's Cobra. ULTRA FLO EXHAUST KIT 3" 99/03 COBRA (DYNOMAX) - Mustangs Unlimited

I have that on my cobra as well. I have no complainants so far in the 2 months I've had it. Nice sound, look nice having the 3'' under the back.

That's the kit I have on the TR Cobra ... Wife loves it! :beer:

We did opt for some Dynomax 4" rolled tips ($25 each at Summit Racing) .... looks much better IMHO

2013-05-16190654.jpg

2013-05-16192200.jpg

2013-04-21160857.jpg

Last edited:

myslowstang

Established Member
I have the MAC 3" catback modified to fit with a 2.5" mid pipe. I'm about to sell it because I'm going SRA. But anyway, it's a simple mod to get the 3" to fit with the 2.5" mid pipes. Cut off the end of the 3" pipe and add a 2.5" end. The 2.5" pipe slides right into the 3" just about perfectly. Then just weld it up.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
I need a 3 inch as well... Tim how is the fitment on the 3 inch bassani? And is it 3 inch the whole catback or does it start at 2.5 then go to 3...

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I need a 3 inch as well... Tim how is the fitment on the 3 inch bassani? And is it 3 inch the whole catback or does it start at 2.5 then go to 3...

Fitment on the Bassani is EXCELLENT .... top notch!!! :rockon: ....and is stainless steel (can be polished)

3" all the way back (the flange on the 3" intermediate pipe- from the muffler- is reduced to bolt up to the 2.5" X pipe) .... so, 95% of that pipe is 3" :beer:

92BlkGT

Established Member
+1 for bassani 3". I had it on my old cobra and will without a doubt buy it for my new. Great sound and quality!

eaglesnick

Established Member
If you have a 3" outlet on your mid-pipe you can order the Bassani catback with a 3" inlet to match the mid-pipe. I don't remember what the up-charge is, but it can be done.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Fitment on the Bassani is EXCELLENT .... top notch!!! :rockon: ....and is stainless steel (can be polished)

3" all the way back (the flange on the 3" intermediate pipe- from the muffler- is reduced to bolt up to the 2.5" X pipe) .... so, 95% of that pipe is 3" :beer:
Excellent, thanks a lot tim! gonna miss these singers :-(
If you have a 3" outlet on your mid-pipe you can order the Bassani catback with a 3" inlet to match the mid-pipe. I don't remember what the up-charge is, but it can be done.
oh yes I like that, thanks for the info man.
TC you going to sell your old CB? LMK! It would have to be shipped to my forwarding address in PA though.
Yea bud, but a memeber has already got dibs, sry man. if that changes ill let you know!

Users who are viewing this thread