Wtf

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jimmy, how much better would the OEM alternator perform if it was cooled a bit. Like a tube from the headlight opening. I've read that one of the major reasons for the failures is due to the location and subsequent heat. We also know that larger crank pullies without the properly sized alternator pulley is a factor. And which of the two might be the biggest factor in OEM alternators failing? Just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

jbentley

Established Member
Well i found out why i kept frying my alternator. My battery was shot, i took to to Orilleys to get a charge and they said they hooked it up and it stunk up the whole store lol. So i get to buy a new one yea for me.

Just got the car towed to the house and pulled the alternator now im waiting for the new one to come in

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Well i found out why i kept frying my alternator. My battery was shot, i took to to Orilleys to get a charge and they said they hooked it up and it stunk up the whole store lol. So i get to buy a new one yea for me.

Just got the car towed to the house and pulled the alternator now im waiting for the new one to come in

I hope they used the correct charger for that Optima. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread