WTF is this sound??

LethalDosage

Banned
this just started happening a few days ago. Only does it when im turning to the right. Dosent matter if im turning while moving or if the car is just sitting. anyone know what could be causing this??

[ame="http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/toolfanxx/?action=view&current=0624092040.flv"]http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/toolfanxx/?action=view&current=0624092040.flv[/ame]

Last edited:

LethalDosage

Banned
anyone got any idea how much it cost for some new bushings+where i can order em ? I Fn hate the ford dealership

LethalDosage

Banned
Just sounds like the steering wheel squeaking to me.What does it sound like on the outside?

im preety sure its not the steering wheel. Its coming from the front end. Its preety loud from outside as well. I think it probobly is the steering rack bushing..havent got around to checking it out yet. Hopefully tomorow!

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
I know Ford had a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) out on squeaky steering rack bushings for our cars if it might be your problem.

2006is350

Established Member
Dont waste your time with the TSB, it will be back. Get the aluminum bushings from MM and it will be fixed.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
It's the rack bushings. Jack up the front end, take the nuts off of both the rack bolts, slide both of the front bushings out---spray liberally with white lithium greasein the hole in the rack where the bushings were. Spray the bushings you took out. Now reassemble and your squeak is gone. It might take a time or two of turning the wheel lock to lock for it to quit. I did this 3 years ago and the squeak hasn't been back yet.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
It's the rack bushings. Jack up the front end, take the nuts off of both the rack bolts, slide both of the front bushings out---spray liberally with white lithium greasein the hole in the rack where the bushings were. Spray the bushings you took out. Now reassemble and your squeak is gone. It might take a time or two of turning the wheel lock to lock for it to quit. I did this 3 years ago and the squeak hasn't been back yet.

wow, is it really that easy? I have a bushing kid that I have been avoiding putting in....might be time.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Everyone else is probably correct but check your power steering fluid just to make sure it's filled. It did sound more mechanical but air in the lines can make similar noises.

Users who are viewing this thread