WTF is Droid 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
who here has an iphone and who has a droid? have any of you converted? my contract is coming up here shortly and i am on the fence.

Droid Thunderbold 4g LTE ; its probably about a year and a half old now and it still works incredible. If it ever "freezes" all i have to do is hit the top button...re-unlock it and its exactly where it was before.

I despise Apple...I refuse to support a company that charges out the wazoo for products that really don't do anything different than a PC. I have an Alienware pc that will blow any Crapple out of the water.

Droid > Iphone all day for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaHUpWuqNHY

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Would have been a lot cooler if you had been expecting an ice cream sammich to arrive with the phone and got all pissed when it didn't.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm on 4.0.4 with my droid razr... I gotta say, the worst thing about ICS is the keyboard, but over all I'm not really happy with ICS besides the improved graphics.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
who here has an iphone and who has a droid? have any of you converted? my contract is coming up here shortly and i am on the fence.

I can't imagine being on the fence. They seem so different to me. If you need the ease of iTunes instead of the super complicated copy and paste method then the iphone is for you.

Go put your hands on them and see what feels right. Anyone who thinks Android is hard to use has to be mentally retarded.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Me.

iPhone 3Gs user from launch up until July.

Went with the SGS3. Knew Apple didnt have it in them anymore to compete with phones of this caliber and knew not to wait for the 5. So glad I did. Havent looked back since.

4.0 ICS is very smooth and fluid. It still has some quirks and functionality things that iOS does better but that may be because im still used to iOS interface.

I might upgrade to the Note2 this winter, sell my SGS3 at almost retail and put that towards the N2. 4.8" screen size is glorious but I wouldnt mind another inch......Hell if someone released a 7" tablet that could make calls in a pinch, id just rock that. Calling is overrated anyways. I wish I could drop my call plan and just spend $50-60/mo on data/texting. The other $40 for calling plan goes unused for the most part for me now.

Fuerza

Established Member
Me.

Went with the SGS3. Knew Apple didnt have it in them anymore to compete with phones of this caliber and knew not to wait for the 5. So glad I did. Havent looked back since.

4.0 ICS is very smooth and fluid. It still has some quirks and functionality things that iOS does better but that may be because im still used to iOS interface.

I might upgrade to the Note2 this winter, sell my SGS3 at almost retail and put that towards the N2. 4.8" screen size is glorious but I wouldnt mind another inch......Hell if someone released a 7" tablet that could make calls in a pinch, id just rock that. Calling is overrated anyways. I wish I could drop my call plan and just spend $50-60/mo on data/texting. The other $40 for calling plan goes unused for the most part for me now.

All that Apple hater aid you spout and you're using a 3GS from 3 years ago?!? WTF man seriously? Any half a piece of shit android phone from the last 12 months will function better that that dinosaur!

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
All that Apple hater aid you spout and you're using a 3GS from 3 years ago?!? WTF man seriously? Any half a piece of shit android phone from the last 12 months will function better that that dinosaur!

Maybe you missed the part where he went with a Samsung Galaxy now?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Yet the guys bringing up 2-3-4yo android offerings and comparing it to new Apple offerings are any different?

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member

I will be ditching my ip4 as soon as my contract is up. Can't stand this pos.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
ICS is what made my Razr Maxx battery drain four times faster than Gingerbread, what a shitty OS.

Gotta use the app manager and close apps. However, if you're running a "battery saver" program, get rid of it. They're useless.

I have a Galaxy Nexus with a rooted version of Jellybean, and it is fantastic. I was going to gt the iPhone 5, but this phone does way more than the new iPhone.

While I don't have an iPhone, I have an iPad and I think Android is superior to iOS.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Haters gonna hate.

I had, still have ICS on my launch date Incredible, and it has never locked up on me. I still use it as a free wifi device, and take it on vacations for texting via google voice, taking pictures, etc.

You have ICS on your Incredible? I have the Incredible 2 and have the latest 2.1...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
They use deserts as their OS names, alphabetically.

1.5 - Cupcake
1.6 - Donut
2.0 - Eclair
2.2 - Froyo
2.3 - Gingerbread
3.X - Honeycomb
4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich
4.1 - Jelly Bean
This, unless you've been living under a rock its pretty well known... and I'm not even into cell phones. (have a peice of shit nokia e71x from 2009).

Its honestly no better than apple using lion, tiger, leopard, panther or what ever the hell OS they are using.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Me.

The 4 and 4S bury the 3GS, much less the 5. I'm considering a move to the SGS3 (bigger screen would be nice) but I really don't want to get a phone that I HAVE to screw with to get it to work like I want. None of the Android set ups
are as fluid and trouble free as iOS yet. I don't know if the larger real estate is worth all the trouble.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I've used both. The main reason why I went back to the iPhone was my Android phone routinely locked up. Support said the only resolution was to re-boot the phone. They actually recommended I re-boot it every day, which they claimed would help. I said enough is enough and went back to the iPhone. In 2 years of iPhone 4/4S use, not one lock-up. I also find the iPhone easier to use (more intuitive). I will stick with what works for me.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Gotta use the app manager and close apps. However, if you're running a "battery saver" program, get rid of it. They're useless.

I have a Galaxy Nexus with a rooted version of Jellybean, and it is fantastic. I was going to gt the iPhone 5, but this phone does way more than the new iPhone.

While I don't have an iPhone, I have an iPad and I think Android is superior to iOS.

That's horseshit, I've got a ROM loaded up now and it doubled the battery life, still not back to what it should be though.

I've never run a battery saver program.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
The 4 and 4S bury the 3GS, much less the 5. I'm considering a move to the SGS3 (bigger screen would be nice) but I really don't want to get a phone that I HAVE to screw with to get it to work like I want. None of the Android set ups
are as fluid and trouble free as iOS yet. I don't know if the larger real estate is worth all the trouble.

I don't understand this statement. The only thing the iphone does is drop your app icons on the screen. Is it opening up the app drawer that confuses people? You still touch the app icons to open them. If you like the cluttered look you can still do that with android.

http://youtu.be/NMiY1kSTHZw

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

You dont have to.

I havent even rooted mine.

Users who are viewing this thread