WTF Brake Light?

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
So...every time I go to half throttle (never had it much over that) my E-Brake light on my dash pops on. Tune or fuse issue? I talked to the previous owner who did most of the work and he said it happened to him a few times but he had no clue what it was about. Neither him nor I noticed any effects and continued on our way, but I'm curious as to whether its something Ill need to look into up the road.

TRBO VNM

Yup, fluid level and along with that, check your pads. You should not lose fluid, but as the pads wear, the level will go down since the piston is extended further. You may just need pads and when the pistons are back in the caliper, the fluid will go back up in the res.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
This girl I know recently had the brake light come on in her Eclipse. So showing her how skilled I am with cars added a little brake fluid to the master cylinder and light has been gone since. She thinks I am a god now :)

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
Aha makes sense now. Pads are low, I just havent swapped them because the car is parked for the winter. I only had it out for maybe 2 weeks before I parked it and the last two times I drove it I was starting to get squeak. Just didnt put 2 and 2 together =) I was even slightly worried about the Brembo swap if I was seeing issues there but Ill have pads done in spring and that should hopefully fix it. Thanks!

bLk 03 c0uPe

lOw CoBra
Established Member
+1 On the pads, and fluid. check the pads, i would change pads first before adding any fluid so no chance of spillage. we all know what brake fluid does to paint now. BTW i would use ATE Super Blue Brake fluid, very good quality.

GoatSlayer

Banned
This girl I know recently had the brake light come on in her Eclipse. So showing her how skilled I am with cars added a little brake fluid to the master cylinder and light has been gone since. She thinks I am a god now :)

I dont know how skilled you are, but reduction of brake fluid in the master cylinder usually indicates worn brake pads that need to be changed. Now, if you call her and tell her that you had dreams about her car needing brake pads, she might let you PIIHB!:beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I dont know how skilled you are, but reduction of brake fluid in the master cylinder usually indicates worn brake pads that need to be changed. Now, if you call her and tell her that you had dreams about her car needing brake pads, she might let you PIIHB!:beer:

So I'm moving out and cleaning up old threads in Talk and I stumbled upon this little jewel.

I couldn't help but bump it to share the chuckle with you guys.

A hero in the works!:rockon::beer:

exdeath

Established Member

Until she gets new brake pads and they reset the calipers and a quart of brake fluid spills all over the place in the engine bay :D

SpectorV

Established Member
as said a low brake fluid level does this, check for leaks if it comes back or smells to see if you smell it leaking on the brakes when they get hot.

Users who are viewing this thread