WTB Boss 302

guarnibl

Established Member
Yes but they are a Subie place, took the Boss in trade so they are probably in it for low book. They have lots of room to negotiate. I do not know if there are other mods. They own a Ford store in Huntington Beach so they may wholesale it there. Worth a try especially if you like SBY as much as I do which is a lot.

Yeah -- asking price is obviously negotiable. Just wow, over sticker on a used car is something that's pretty rare to see, or so I thought.

Bob Moss

Established Member
I saw that car as well. It has what appears to be a Cool Tech roll bar. Full front and rear suspension mods as the car is lowered quite a bit. Rear end has pan hard bar. They have all the stock parts including the rear seat and suspension. The guy I spoke with said the previous owner bought it to track the car but lost interest. It's a two owner car already. They have a 2012 very clean PW Boss as well for 42,400. Both are overpriced but if you want to drive a stock 2012 and modified 2013 at the same place they have both.

Interesting, as nobody said anything about those mods to me. I am sure the sales people I spoke to just aren't aware of it but someone must know! I didn't check out the white one since I was careful not to overstay my welcome and waste everybody's time when I was not a buyer. My niece works there and set it up for me so I didn't want to misuse her generosity. Or something like that.

Termi8441

Established Member
Hey everyone so I'm still on the look out and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I find the right one. If any of you know of any friends or fellow members that are selling or considering selling please let me know! Also I have seen a couple listed privately that have extended warranties. Does anyone know exactly what the extended warranty for the Boss consists of? Thanks!

Grant808

Established Member
JMO, but extended warranties are a waste of money on a Boss. Technically, you'd throw away the warranty if you want to add TracKey, and there's a small fee for the transfer to the next owner. IIRC, it's just an extension to 7 or 8 years...and sure, it will work great for some people, but probably just extra cost for *most* owners.

Did you see the higher mile CO car in Fontana? Forgot to check that one out when I went to Auto Club Raceway last week.

guarnibl

Established Member
JMO, but extended warranties are a waste of money on a Boss. Technically, you'd throw away the warranty if you want to add TracKey, and there's a small fee for the transfer to the next owner. IIRC, it's just an extension to 7 or 8 years...and sure, it will work great for some people, but probably just extra cost for *most* owners.

Did you see the higher mile CO car in Fontana? Forgot to check that one out when I went to Auto Club Raceway last week.

Actually, this isn't quite true for certain vehicles. Probably not worth it for the Mustang though.

If you do the Max Care setup (not the carmax program), it's worth it. Or at least it was for me on my previous diesel (and yes, it was modded -- but never anything that would have affected what was being replaced). I spent about $3,000 on the warranty ($40,000 truck) but probably got about $10k in stuff replaced for $1k in co-pay. It's sold through Chrysler but they'll sell you a plan on anything. It's a hidden gem if you know an employee who you can buy it through :) Otherwise I think the cost would have been like $4500. Diesel stuff is stupid expensive.

Last edited:

Grant808

Established Member
Actually, this isn't quite true.

If you do the Max Care setup, it's worth it. Or at least it was for me on my previous diesel (and yes, it was modded). I spent about $3,000 on the warranty ($40,000 car) but probably got about $10k in stuff replaced for $1k in co-pay.

You're just proving my point. Works for some, not for most. IMO, it's a waste on the Boss.

Z O SICK

Established Member
I have a 2013 PW Boss if you're interested. If you would like more info, shoot me a PM or text @ 520-249-4308. I'm located in AZ so some what close to you location wise.

Tony

Last edited:

droptop03

Established Member
A couple of sites to check is Autotrader and True Car. I got my krona blue from an ad at Autotrader from private owner great deal. Had 5k miles for $38k, even transferred the maintenance program. I still get 6 more free oil and filter changes. Minus the steeda I just installed. Both sites show several Bosses available here in Cali, sure one has your name on it

Z O SICK

Established Member
Wow, you get rid of cars faster than I do!

LOL. I'm just throwing it out there. Everything is for sale. The more I have my Boss the more I like. However, I do with it was faster and had much more power. The one buzz kill with these cars seems to be the M-82 trans.

guarnibl

Established Member
LOL. I'm just throwing it out there. Everything is for sale. The more I have my Boss the more I like. However, I do with it was faster and had much more power. The one buzz kill with these cars seems to be the M-82 trans.

The transmission is certainly lacking, as is the clutch and pedal feel. The pedal feel can be fixed with a GT500 brake booster and stainless lines. The MT82 can be improved with an aftermarket clutch and shifter. The only thing I've done so far is add the barton post 2 bracket -- as I'm not sure it's worth the money to fix the clutch feel. IMO, only happens to me at the drag strip, and it's not as a huge deal as people are making it out to be.

Power wise, I went the blower route (as you know) but it's too much power for the tires. My wheels should get here this week or next (19x10, 19x11) which will let me run 295's up front and 325's out back (Toyo Proxes 1 / Toyo Proxes R888). I think 500 rwhp is probably the ideal setup for the Boss assuming proper set of tires. I'm still thinking my 600 rwhp is likely too much power for the car in lower gears. Up top it's a different story of course, but I don't get into those situations too often.

Torque arm is another way to better improve forward bite / traction, but it will cause me to require to upgrade the brakes, since it now makes the ideal braking setup 60/40 instead of factory 70/30. Can easily do this with the rear GT500's for ~$500.

The car will have about $25,000 in it after spending (about) $50,000 on the car incl. title/taxes. So it's a $75,000 ($4,000 in cooling alone) car that puts out 600 rwhp, has a decent brake setup (stock fronts w/ fluid/lines/ducts/pads, upgraded rears), and an optimized track suspension setup (lowered, adj. panhard bar, solid links, stiffer front bar, adj. dampeners, torque arm, caster camber plates, bump steer kit, 295/325 (30ZR19) front/rear).

At the end of the day -- it really shows how good of a deal the Z28 is, if you know, a Camaro is your kind of thing (I'm not a fan, personally) -- it's a steal at $82,000 considering it's got Carbon Ceramic brakes on it. MT showed it faster around their test track in AL than the GT-R track edition.

Last edited:

Z O SICK

Established Member
The transmission is certainly lacking, as is the clutch and pedal feel. The pedal feel can be fixed with a GT500 brake booster and stainless lines. The MT82 can be improved with an aftermarket clutch and shifter. The only thing I've done so far is add the barton post 2 bracket -- as I'm not sure it's worth the money to fix the clutch feel. IMO, only happens to me at the drag strip, and it's not as a huge deal as people are making it out to be.

Power wise, I went the blower route (as you know) but it's too much power for the tires. My wheels should get here this week or next (19x10, 19x11) which will let me run 295's up front and 325's out back (Toyo Proxes 1 / Toyo Proxes R888). I think 500 rwhp is probably the ideal setup for the Boss assuming proper set of tires. I'm still thinking my 600 rwhp is likely too much power for the car in lower gears. Up top it's a different story of course, but I don't get into those situations too often.

Torque arm is another way to better improve forward bite / traction, but it will cause me to require to upgrade the brakes, since it now makes the ideal braking setup 60/40 instead of factory 70/30. Can easily do this with the rear GT500's for ~$500.

The car will have about $25,000 in it after spending (about) $50,000 on the car incl. title/taxes. So it's a $75,000 ($4,000 in cooling alone) car that puts out 600 rwhp, has a decent brake setup (stock fronts w/ fluid/lines/ducts/pads, upgraded rears), and an optimized track suspension setup (lowered, adj. panhard bar, solid links, stiffer front bar, adj. dampeners, torque arm, caster camber plates, bump steer kit, 295/325 (30ZR19) front/rear).

At the end of the day -- it really shows how good of a deal the Z28 is, if you know, a Camaro is your kind of thing (I'm not a fan, personally) -- it's a steal at $82,000 considering it's got Carbon Ceramic brakes on it. MT showed it faster around their test track in AL than the GT-R track edition.

I'm still thinking about going the FI route. Just not sure which set up I want. I think a roots style is the way to go but they are pricey if you want to do it right. Of course, the same can be said about every set up. I'm really looking hard at the beefcake kit or pro-charged and just calling it a day. I think the centi set up would be a little eaiser on parts per say. As of right now, I have the suspension covered. I also bought new wheels/tires but went for looks and it hurt performance. I'm just tired of how slow this car is out of the box. I still need to make it up in your direction to go for a spin in your car. I bet after I do, I'll be on the phone to VMP lol.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread