WTB Boss 302

Termi8441

Established Member
Been looking for a Boss for quite a while, but not having much luck. Open to either 2012 or 2013. I am located in California so I would like to buy somewhere in the Western states. Looking to spend in the low 40K range at most. If you guys know of any out there and could let me know it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers:beer:

Andy

Grant808

Established Member
There are lots out there for $37k and up. What are your preferences and requirements? Are you in southern or northern California?

Termi8441

Established Member
There are lots out there for $37k and up. What are your preferences and requirements? Are you in southern or northern California?

I would like to stay under 10K miles. The only colors I probably would rather not go with are Performance white and race red

Grant808

Established Member
There's a CO for $40.8K at south coast mitsubishi that's been there for over a year. Also a de-striped KB in San Marino for $38.5k.

_Snake_

Established Member
I know of a 2013 SBY Boss with 3,600 mi out of Wisconsin for under $40k. It's about to go on eBay if it hasn't already.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Info on the car from the seller:

Car was built on August 24, 2012 and purchased new by myself on November 29, 2012 from Haggerty Ford in South Chicago, IL. Car sits in our climate controlled garage with 3, 360 miles. Car has never been tracked, raced, or abused in any way. Purchased the car with hopes to pamper myself with a few HPDE classes, and open track day events. Modifications were began to enhance the experience, but alas, life got in the way and the track days never materialized. Finish what I have begun, or return her to stock as all OEM parts are included in sale. Car is fully optioned with Recaro's, 3.73 Torsen differential, the whole nine yards.

Tasteful Modifications Include:
*TSW Nurburgring 19 X 8.5 front rims. Stock Pirelli P-Zeros were remounted
*TSW Nurburgring 19 X 9.5 rear rims. Stock Pirelli P-Zeros were remounted
*Steeda Boss specific Sport/Comp springs
*BMR adjustable pan hard bar
*JLT PCV oil separators, driver and passenger side
*Cool Tech sound tube delete kit with custom CNC machined intake cap
*Roush side and rear splitters
*XPEL Ultimate clear bra film professionally installed on: front bumper cover, fenders, hood, A-pillars, mirrors, and roof
*Mazie quick release passenger seat fire extinguisher mount with 2-1/2 pound BC rated extinguisher
*35% window tint
*Lloyds "BOSS 302" floor mats, front and rear

Sale comes with ALL OEM take off parts EXCEPT the wagon wheel OEM wheels. Unused OEM floor mats, OEM Boss car cover, and Boss Owners Kit are also included. OEM springs, sound tube, PCV tubes, and pan hard bar are included as well. Lastly, a detailed 3-ring binder is included with all aftermarket part receipts, professional labor install receipts, and ALL original sales paperwork along with window sticker are included.

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I was randomly thinking about my trip to costa mesa 3 weeks ago and remembered that I saw a CO '12 Boss at a dealership.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member

Grant808

Established Member
I know of a 2013 SBY Boss with 3,600 mi out of Wisconsin for under $40k. It's about to go on eBay if it hasn't already.

It's already on ebay with a no reserve auction starting at a very reasonable price.

Ford Mustang Boss 302 Coupe 2 Door | eBay

Looked it up and thats the one I saw. If its been on the lot for over a year I'm sure you can get a good deal on it
Used 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 For Sale | Costa Mesa, CA | VIN: 1ZVBP8CU2C5260793
That's the one. I don't know how much they'll come down. IIRC, they bought it off auction and might have a lot of money in it.

Termi8441

Established Member
I've seen the one at south coast Mitsubishi and the fact that it's been there so long kind of scares me. The 2013 SBY being put up for auction looks very clean. Gunna check it out. Thanks guys!

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I've seen the one at south coast Mitsubishi and the fact that it's been there so long kind of scares me. The 2013 SBY being put up for auction looks very clean. Gunna check it out. Thanks guys!

You also gotta look at the cars around Costa Mesa. I mean I was only there for a couple days but it seemed like a high end car area with not a very big mustang scene. Saw a lot of euro sports cars and the classic cars that the old people drove on the weekends. So maybe im the boss jut doesn't appeal to the locals ? :shrug: heck there were 5 new vipers chilling on the dodge lot (not showroom) like no one wanted to buy them

Grant808

Established Member
You also gotta look at the cars around Costa Mesa. I mean I was only there for a couple days but it seemed like a high end car area with not a very big mustang scene. Saw a lot of euro sports cars and the classic cars that the old people drove on the weekends. So maybe im the boss jut doesn't appeal to the locals ? :shrug: heck there were 5 new vipers chilling on the dodge lot (not showroom) like no one wanted to buy them

I understand why you'd say that, but it's not really true. Next month there's the Knott's/FabulousFordsForever show. I think you'd change your mind if you were there. LA/OC is just so spread out that you never see a lot of Mustangs out at the same time.

copperjohnc

Been looking for a Boss for quite a while, but not having much luck. OpenIto either 2012 or 2013. I am located in California so I would like to buy somewhere in the Western states. Looking to spend in the low 40K range at most. If you guys know of any out there and could let me know it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers:beer:

Andy
Hi Andy, I am considering selling my '13 grabber blue Boss with 3200 miles, flawless paint ect... probably ask $42,000 I am in norcal

John

Bob Moss

Established Member
Northern CA but there is a '13 SBY at Stevens Creek Subaru. The back seat has been removed and an LS crossbrace installed along with a roll bar. The seat comes with the car. Only 7100 miles. They "reduced" it to $44,480 last weekend, but they know they are kinda dreaming so there is probably room. I drove it Monday and it's amazing, the first and only Boss I have driven since 1970. They also have a white one...

Bob

guarnibl

Established Member
Northern CA but there is a '13 SBY at Stevens Creek Subaru. The back seat has been removed and an LS crossbrace installed along with a roll bar. The seat comes with the car. Only 7100 miles. They "reduced" it to $44,480 last weekend, but they know they are kinda dreaming so there is probably room. I drove it Monday and it's amazing, the first and only Boss I have driven since 1970. They also have a white one...

Bob

Over sticker on a used car? Crazy people. SBY is really, really rare, but still.

Bob Moss

Established Member
Yes but they are a Subie place, took the Boss in trade so they are probably in it for low book. They have lots of room to negotiate. I do not know if there are other mods. They own a Ford store in Huntington Beach so they may wholesale it there. Worth a try especially if you like SBY as much as I do which is a lot.

CALIF BOSS302

Established Member
Yes but they are a Subie place, took the Boss in trade so they are probably in it for low book. They have lots of room to negotiate. I do not know if there are other mods. They own a Ford store in Huntington Beach so they may wholesale it there. Worth a try especially if you like SBY as much as I do which is a lot.

I saw that car as well. It has what appears to be a Cool Tech roll bar. Full front and rear suspension mods as the car is lowered quite a bit. Rear end has pan hard bar. They have all the stock parts including the rear seat and suspension. The guy I spoke with said the previous owner bought it to track the car but lost interest. It's a two owner car already. They have a 2012 very clean PW Boss as well for 42,400. Both are overpriced but if you want to drive a stock 2012 and modified 2013 at the same place they have both.

Users who are viewing this thread