would you sell your terminator for a 2011 GT500

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I am glad you have to make the final decision. As for me I would keep an 03 - 04 over the 2011 but thats just me. Since money is no object I would get the 2011 and keep the Cobra. You say you don't like having 2 of the same type vehicle. You're contradicting yourself to a degree because the 11 and the 03 are really much different. I have a 1990 GT with a supercharger and the 04 Cobra and they are great cars for different duties. The 90 is rough and setup for straight line fun. The 04 is a great car that has a more luxury feel than racing feel. Even though the 04 puts out roughly 115 more rwhp than the 90 they are still both fun cars. Would I trade both of my Stangs for an 11......thats a good question I hope not to have to answer because I do not think I would. Around here INSURANCE is a big factor in what you buy. I would hate to see the rate on an 2011 GT-500. I know how expensive the Cobra was quoted and I had to go out of the area to get a decent price for the same insurance.

Have fun deciding and I am glad its you not me.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
well, I'd definitely jump to an '11 over a Terminator. Mod for mod the GT500 runs away from the 03/04. The best mph my ported 2.76 upper, offroad x, catback Terminator ran was 121. Unported GT500 with 2.6 upper, offroad x, catback has been 124. It's also been 11.28 where the quickest I got out of the 04 was 11.65. That is full weight with the same driver. That said some '11 models have trapped 124 stock!

Last edited:

xenodragon

Established Member
IThe plusses to the GT500 are the interior quality, amenities, and ride comfort. I, however, have found I really don't want these attributes in my weekend toy that will get abused. In the end, I guess it just comes down to what you want: a raw, visceral, relatively light muscle car or heavy, refined, great-looking cruiser? I've decided I want my luxury interior and electronic gizmos in a nice, 4-door daily driver (Acura TSX to be exact). Another plus is that for the price of my '10, I can have an '03 AND a TSX! Hope this helps.

Those are the same thoughts I have every day. I LOVE how the gt500's look much more than the 03/04's. But like you mentioned for a weekend toy I do not need a super amazing interior. I have my 335xi DD for that instead. If its all out raw power you want...stick with the 03/04. Its always tempting to get the latest and greatest, but with what you are planning on changing, stick with the cobra.

jcveron

Established Member
well, I'd definitely jump to an '11 over a Terminator. Mod for mod the GT500 runs away from the 03/04. The best mph my ported 2.76 upper, offroad x, catback Terminator ran was 121. Unported GT500 with 2.6 upper, offroad x, catback has been 124. It's also been 11.28 where the quickest I got out of the 04 was 11.65. That is full weight with the same driver. That said some '11 models have trapped 124 stock!

well you cant drive though Richard... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread