would you sell your terminator for a 2011 GT500

jcveron

Established Member
I am considering selling my cobra to get a 2011 GT500...if i keep the cobra i will build to these specs:

mmr1500s shortblock
modular head shop stage 3 heads
modular head shop custom bullet cams
whipple 3.4 with crusher inlet
e-85
100 shot of spray

If i sell the cobra i will get the GT500 and will build to these specs:
mmr shortblock (aluminum) to handle 2000hp
modular head shop stage 3 heads
modular head shop custom bullet cams
whipple 4.0 with crusher inlet
e-85
100 shot of spray

I will have all suspension mods and supporting mods to make the car hook and handle like it should with 1000+hp

please give me input on what to do. money is not really a factor. looking for reasons why to make the switch or why not to make the switch.

:beer:

Last edited:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Since it ain't my money, GT500. But since money ain't an issue, why not keep both?

jcveron

Established Member
Since it ain't my money, GT500. But since money ain't an issue, why not keep both?

Dont really want both. Im not a fan of having two vehicles that are in the same category. For instance i would not buy two corvettes, or two mustangs or two BMWs. Id much rather have the mustang how i want it and then buy a truck. then add and get a suv...you get the picture :beer:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Pay more money for a slower car?,.,.,.,., no thanks

but that's me.,., in your money not an issue senario.,., sure :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Seriously? If money is no object, I can't think of a single reason NOT to do it.

kachup

Established Member
dont do it gt500 are tanks...honestly for me termi cobra is one the best mustang from ford...and many people like them more

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I always tell people to drive both and compare them (power, handling, "feel", interior, features, etc. And then decide. Let's face it, the 2011 GT-500 is a big leap forward as far as technology and quality. But there are those who will forever love their Terminator, no matter how much better a newer Mustang model might be. At least you have one! :(

DevilSun

Established Member
That's a hard call, they'll both be unbelievable vehicles! The 2011 GT500 is gonna be more technologically savvy with more creature comforts, but the Cobra is gonna be a raw pure metal twisting rough beast of power.

Here's a good question no one has asked, what do you plan to do with the car or use it for?

jcveron

Established Member
the car will be a nine second street car that i can dd if i want to but kill almost any car on the street and take it to the track every once in a while. the gt is heavy but there is always weight reduction that can be done to every car. remember the cobra is no feather itself. they are both very capable cars. just getting peoples opinion. and if any car has 1000+hp you cant really call them slow anymore

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
When it comes down to it, the only deciding factor is the visage of the car. You're changing the heart out of whichever one you choose. I am assuming you'll be doing weight reduction stuff, so you'll take out anything like a Shaker/Mach 500/1000 system. The SYNC stuff is nice, but pricewise, you'd be throwing 30-40 grand away just to have tech that you're going to take out anyways. Is 30-40 grand worth SYNC and not being a cookie cutter?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Absofreakinglutely! It's a much better car and platform. Besides you get better looks which is just the icing in the cake.

Cobra owners calling a 2011 GT500 a tank?:lol1:
100lbs difference between coupes.

Last edited:

jcveron

Established Member
When it comes down to it, the only deciding factor is the visage of the car. You're changing the heart out of whichever one you choose. I am assuming you'll be doing weight reduction stuff, so you'll take out anything like a Shaker/Mach 500/1000 system. The SYNC stuff is nice, but pricewise, you'd be throwing 30-40 grand away just to have tech that you're going to take out anyways. Is 30-40 grand worth SYNC and not being a cookie cutter?

i will be doing some weight reduction but not anything like the radio or rear seat or anything that comes in the car to create convienience. still want a nice car on the inside

Users who are viewing this thread