would you sell your terminator for a 2011 GT500

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I sold my '03 for a 2010, but now I have the 2010 for sale to go back to an '03. It is a tank compared to the '03/'04. The '11s are a little lighter than mine but are still dimensionally HUGE compared to the '03/'04 Cobras. As far as handling, my previous '03 with just some subframe connectors and H&R springs was way more nimble than my '10. The plusses to the GT500 are the interior quality, amenities, and ride comfort. I, however, have found I really don't want these attributes in my weekend toy that will get abused. In the end, I guess it just comes down to what you want: a raw, visceral, relatively light muscle car or heavy, refined, great-looking cruiser? I've decided I want my luxury interior and electronic gizmos in a nice, 4-door daily driver (Acura TSX to be exact). Another plus is that for the price of my '10, I can have an '03 AND a TSX! Hope this helps.

Here's a picture that shows the vehicle size difference pretty well:

Iphoneupload24Jan11437.jpg

jcveron

Established Member
i really dont know what you guys are saying about the 2011 cars being tanks...like said above there is very minimal weight difference between the coupes of cobras and gt500s. i still havent heard any reasons why to keep the cobra instead of getting the new car

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Dont really want both. Im not a fan of having two vehicles that are in the same category. For instance i would not buy two corvettes, or two mustangs or two BMWs. Id much rather have the mustang how i want it and then buy a truck. then add and get a suv...you get the picture :beer:

Lol, I'm actually the same way. I see others with two of whatever in their driveway and can't help but to think they're weird. There's too many other good cars out there to just experience one... But, to each his own

KingKiller

Established Member
Since it ain't my money, GT500. But since money ain't an issue, why not keep both?

What he said

Lol, I'm actually the same way. I see others with two of whatever in their driveway and can't help but to think they're weird. There's too many other good cars out there to just experience one... But, to each his own

It's worth mentioning that the terminator cobra and the 11 gt500 are two very different cars that handle differently, ride and drive differently, don't look anything alike, and I can't think of anything mechanically that they share. the closest attribute that they share would be what, that they have dohc motors with a blower from the factory. if that's the closest attribute, and you want to "set them apart a little more", put a built 331 with a single 88 in the terminator to "differentiate" it from the shelby

:pop:

why would you put the more powerful motor in the shelby and not the terminator?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's worth mentioning that the terminator cobra and the 11 gt500 are two very different cars that handle differently, ride and drive differently, don't look anything alike, and I can't think of anything mechanically that they share. the closest attribute that they share would be what, that they have dohc motors with a blower from the factory. if that's the closest attribute, and you want to "set them apart a little more", put a built 331 with a single 88 in the terminator to "differentiate" it from the shelby

:beer:

I had a Procharged 02 GT and my 04 Cobra and said the same thing. Bought a nice comfy Caddy cause I didn't like my money going into both cars and neither going as far or as fast as I would like. Well I was bored on a daily basis and later sold the caddy for a mint 04 dsg mach1, then an 11 GT. I WANT to have a Mustang for a toy and DD and that was a lesson I learned the hardway. :beer:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
-snip-

If i sell the cobra i will get the GT500 and will build to these specs:
mmr shortblock (aluminum) to handle 2000hp
modular head shop stage 3 heads
modular head shop custom bullet cams
whipple 4.0 with crusher inlet
e-85
100 shot of spray

I will have all suspension mods and supporting mods to make the car hook and handle like it should with 1000+hp

please give me input on what to do. money is not really a factor. looking for reasons why to make the switch or why not to make the switch.

:beer:

I would get a used 2010 if you're going to put a built aluminum engine anyways.

You could save yourself $8k+

Hell, I would get a 2011 GT if your plans are to build it anyways. Why spend the extra $20k on factory goodies you're going to rip out and replace anyways?

KingKiller

Established Member

Hell, I would get a 2011 GT if your plans are to build it anyways. Why spend the extra $20k on factory goodies you're going to rip out and replace anyways?

:rockon:

Then again I would probably just build an FFR Daytona Coupe if I were to do it all over again, or an Ultima GTR, or FFR GTM Supercar. Getting off topic though haha

jcveron

Established Member

good idea on the 2010...but def would buy the gt500 because i could sell the engine or put it in another car. want the notariety of the gt500

Users who are viewing this thread