Would you run a Regular Magnaflow or Magnapack?

Which Magnaflow

• Regular Magnaflows

Votes: 66 65.3%
  • Magnapacks

Votes: 35 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Definitely the regular maggies. I will never use magnaacks again. I had them with my kooks lt's and o/r x and it was too damn loud. sounded like competee ass also. Sounded great at idle though, but any percentage of throttle over 2100rpm was loud, obnoxious, and raspy. sounded alot like an old chevy truck with hollowed cats and glasspacks.. blah.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Regular Magnaflow and Magnaflow catted X here.

this is what i have as well. it's stealthy at idle and blasts under throttle with alot of bass. much louder than stock WOT, but not obnoxious or raspy at all. made great tq for a pulley "only" car, so it must be doing something right in the performance dept.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
If you go with the regular magnaflows, go with an o/r x. Cat the X if you go with Packs. Retarded loud with o/r x and packs. Your neighbors will get pissed and the police will get rich.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Doesn't knock birds out of trees until you stomp it!

HAHAHA :lol: Funniest thing I've read in quite a while.

With your midpipe I'd run the regulars. Packs can start sounding like glasspacks if you're not careful with midpipe selection. There's not a lot of tonal difference between the two; but the packs are probably 1/2 again as loud and don't mute any of the burp/burble/fart/blat that may be going on (which is likely with midlengths and no cats).

SVT0369

#1798 of 1896
Established Member
I have a Magnaflow catted X. I had the regular Magnaflows and they just weren't enough for me. Got Packs welded in and it is my favorite exhaust I've heard on a Cobra. But yes it's loud :burnout:

Slo01Cobra

Established Member
Long tubes, prochamber, reg magnaflows was my old setup and sounded great. Not too loud but you can hear them at idle and cruising, wot they scream.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
regulars with o/r imo. I have the regulars with o/r h and long tubes and its nasty loud, so if i were to put on packs i dont think it would sound as good. Might as well drive around with open headers.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
magnapacks welded into stock cb with bassani o/r x in my 99 cobra vert:
th_soundclip003.jpg

vid of me racing my friends Gt (camera car):
th_incarpassandrewGTvsmycobra.jpg

0-70 run back in the day....i know its bad bad operator skillz, it was shortly after owning my first standard for just a couple months.
th_0-70001.jpg

race back in the day, you can also hear the exhaust a little more here... (plus i love watching the 4v kick in at shifting into 4th vs that GT
th_CobravsGT.jpg

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
I have magnaflow catted x pipe and magnaflow catback. I always get compliments on how good the car sounds. It is somewhat mellow until you stomp on it.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Magnaflow with Magnaflow high flo catted X. I wish the qualty was better (as well as the time) but I think it sounds great!!!

th_blue-cobra-vert-12.jpg

Sharkster

Established Member
Ive run both on my Cobra. Magnaflows were very nice and throaty but got a little bit raspy when you opened it up.
When I had my TT car I never heard the sound of the Magnapacks until the day I sold it and it drove away down the street. I WAS IMPRESSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread