Would you do this

wcdknows

Established Member
I posted earlier about a 99 cobra with 121k miles..Would you guys sell a 94 GT with 100k to purchase this vehicle?

wcdknows

Established Member
My GT is in very good condition. The 99's oil has been changed every 3k or 6 months with synthetic oil. It has the check engine light on from the performance chip installed.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
that is fishy to me...that seems like something they would have taken care of on the tune that the chip holds...

01yellercobra

Established Member
A chip won't cause the light to come on. Something else must be up. Does it have an off road mid pipe?

wcdknows

Established Member
My fault..not the check engine light,but the ABS light. Some add-ons such as, Bassani catback exhaust, cold-air induction, throttle body, short-throw shifter, and performance chip.

RoyWoods

Established Member
My fault..not the check engine light,but the ABS light. Some add-ons such as, Bassani catback exhaust, cold-air induction, throttle body, short-throw shifter, and performance chip.

What's up with the ABS? You might be looking at A LOT of $$$$$ to fix that issue.

Tango7

Established Member
I traveled to Florida to get my 99 cobra vert.. last month it had 99,000 miles.. Made the 744 mile trip back to NC with no issues.. I would run a car fax and have the guy take many pictures..

oceansidesam

Drive like you stole it!!
Established Member
I was going to do the same thing...... Sold my 94 GT vert to shop for a 99-2002 cobra. but 99 didnt have the sweade/leather seats so I crossed it out. Then, the 01-02 are real nice, but I wanted low milage, so I was looking at $16-$17 grand for a descent one...... which was a couple grand over my budget. But then, an 03 cobra was for sale at a dealership down the street, so I test drove it. THE BEST MISTAKE I EVER MADE!!!! I fell in love head over heals and started shopping for one. Ended up buying an 04 for $22K w/22K miles. Way over budget, ****ed in debt, and I couldn't be happier!!!!!! Honestly. FYI ....This is bad advice. but till this day I've never once regreted it.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
Find out if one of the members on here lives close to where the car is and ask if they would be willing to check it out for you...give them a little $$$ for their time and gas as a good gesture.

I just did this for a guy on the board from Texas who wanted to buy a terminator that was close to me....

Users who are viewing this thread