Would anyone be interested in a MGW black billet Cobra oil cap?

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I talked to George at MGW and they might be willing to make a run of black billet Cobra oil caps and maybe dipstick handles and radiator caps. Please post if this is something that you would be interested in. Here are the links to these items so you can check them out.

oil cap
1990-2004 Mustang CUSTOM OIL CAPS

dipstick handle
1990-2004 Mustang DIPSTICK HANDLE

radiator cap
1990-2004 Mustang SHIFT HANDLE

The items in the links are chrome but this thread is to see who would want these items with a black finish. I am sure most of you have MGW's shifters so you are already aware of the quality of there stuff.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I would be interested in the oil cap assuming the logo is still engraved/etched so there is some silver.

The dipstick I am not sure about. Again, would anything be etched/engraved so it isn't all black? My only concern on this part is having the oil cap right next to it and which logo is on which.

The radiator cap I already have a TF tank with his cap.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I would be interested in the oil cap assuming the logo is still engraved/etched so there is some silver.

The dipstick I am not sure about. Again, would anything be etched/engraved so it isn't all black? My only concern on this part is having the oil cap right next to it and which logo is on which.

The radiator cap I already have a TF tank with his cap.

The logo will be engraved/etched. The cap will be exactly like the chrome one on there site except where it is chrome it will be black.

The dipstick cover has SVT engraved in it.
1990-2004 Mustang DIPSTICK HANDLE

mach1033

Established Member
Cobra oil cap and SVT dipstick handle as well. How many people do you need?

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
This would be the only black aftermarket oil cap on the market of such design. The only other black ones I've found are stock ones with a sticker on them.
I've searched and only found chrome, billet aluminum etc. and while they are nice they don't match anything under the hood of my car. I did find one black Roush one but again not my car.

So hoping they make this one in all black :)

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Good point MalcolmV8. If you guys with polished engine bays want one of these they have the chrome ones in stock ready to order. Just like MalcolmV8 said the chrome doesn't match my engine bay either and there's no one that makes a black billet cap.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Ok, I just got off the phone with George at MGW and he said that they will be doing a run of these. He can't give an exact time frame because he has to have these machined. He has some real cool ideas for these and I think you will like his ideas. He did say if he has a couple blank spares he will have them done up so we can see what these will look like. I will keep everyone updated and I think George is going to chime in here.

Users who are viewing this thread