WOT Box settings

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Any of you guys have any trouble with the TPS settings? I'm not sure where to set the TPS threshold. WOT voltage varies with just the battery on vs with the engine running. Where have you guys set your voltage so that launch control and skip shift will work?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
That would be great. Also, if i have my launch control set to 3500rpm can i still bring the rpm above that in the burnout box?

you can of you turn off or if you set your tps voltage as close as possible to full throttle that way you could bring the rpm up on the burn out box without the 2 step kicking in. i find it easier to just turn it off. thats why i extended the wires on mine and have it on the driver side.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I was chatting with Quesplosive through PM's. He's going to post a screen shot of his settings. Would any of you other guys that have the WOT Box working correctly mind posting your settings as well? Also any problems you've had and what you did to fix them.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
20140303_1626071_zps7b02be8a.jpg

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i dont have a laptop right now to post my setting =/ but i do have the rev limiter enabled at 7350 and the shift light at 6800. I have an led light that works great bright as hell. if anyone is interested in how to wire an led shift light is very simple and it cost around 20 bucks in parts.

Last edited:

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
So I have the car running and I click the "load firmware" button on the interface. The firmware updates and then the car shuts off. It won't start back up. I read through all the troubleshooting steps and even did the restore procedure. My laptop will no longer communicate with the wot box. It was fine the day I installed it, and it started out OK until I hit the update firmware button. Car still won't start. I double checked all my wiring, it's good. The only way to start the car now is to unhook the WOT box and jump the pins from the RED wire to the RED/BLACK wire. Did I just fry the wot box? Does anybody have a phone number for tech support? I don't see one on their website

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I am interested in that shift light info

here is the info from a post i made a while back.

this is the led light.
NTE30036 Blue Super-bright LED Indicator : LED Indicators | RadioShack.com

this is the serial cable
StarTech.com 10-Ft. 9-Pin Straight Through Cable (M-F) : Computer Cables | RadioShack.com

how its done.. it is very simple. you will need a multi meter to ring out the serial cable to identify which pin has which wire because they have different color wire pattern in them. you need to cut the female end of the serial cable and peal back the rubber to expose the wires.
here is the male end and how it looks.
rs232-pinout.jpg
(most serial cables will have the numbers of the pins on both ends which will be easier)
then you get the meter and ring out pin number 6 wire and pin number 2 wire of the serial cable. once you have identified which wire is pin 6 and which is pin 2 you can cut the rest of the wires and tape off the serial cable leaving the two wires of pin 2 and pin 6 exposed. get the led bulb and solder the long leg to pin 6 wire which is positive and the short leg to pin 2 wire which is the negative. if you connect it the wrong way it wont light up but nothing will get damaged. after you solder the led tape everything up and put the led where ever you want in the car. and you connect the male end of the serial cable to the wot box. but first you need to go into the wot box interface with the usb/serial cable that it brings and enable the shift light to whatever rpm you want it to activate and then connect the serial cable you have the led on to the box.

here is where i put mine.

https://5opoyg.dm2302.livefilestore...0-u7pNCG6p_mRhGHfzjK7L0q0/IMAG1276.jpg?psid=1

it is very bright. i used a blue led because supposedly it is easier to read in the day light

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Dang man sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I would say download the drivers and software over. FYI I never hit that button with use on both of my cars. If the drivers are out it will make a weird sound when u plug it in the computer and you will not be able to locate the port to make changes. Also it may have taken out the ford code. These are all assumptions. If you have problems call or email the makers of the box. I have been on the phone and traded emails til 1am central time with these guys. I always give them props for being so available.

Users who are viewing this thread