WOT Box settings

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I got ahold of Jon at N2MB this morning. All is well now. My problem was that I had the single feature box checked instead of dual feature. I did the recovery step again, this time with dual feature checked. That brought it back to life. I adjusted my settings as per the screen shot you posted and it works as advertised. I'm happy!
I had to laugh at myself this morning as I jumping the pins in the connector just so I could get to work. I have a $30,000 car that i need to start with a paper clip!

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
lol glad you got it worked out. Those guys are stand up dudes. Nothing like that first wot shift. Enjoy and report back when you do.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
lol glad you got it worked out. Those guys are stand up dudes. Nothing like that first wot shift. Enjoy and report back when you do.

The wot shift is awesome! I'm thinking that I need to use the nitrous window switch option. I have an MSD window switch now. I'm just worried that while using the wot shift function, my msd window switch isn't going to care that the ignition has been cut. So I'll still be spraying nitrous and fuel for the 175ms that the ignition is cut. I'm wondering if that is asking for trouble??

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The wot shift is awesome! I'm thinking that I need to use the nitrous window switch option. I have an MSD window switch now. I'm just worried that while using the wot shift function, my msd window switch isn't going to care that the ignition has been cut. So I'll still be spraying nitrous and fuel for the 175ms that the ignition is cut. I'm wondering if that is asking for trouble??

It should be fine. Btw 175 is quite high with the mt82. Try 125 or 100. I will look for the diagram when I get home to see which pins are the window switch.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
It should be fine. Btw 175 is quite high with the mt82. Try 125 or 100. I will look for the diagram when I get home to see which pins are the window switch.

Thanks! I have been searching to see if anyone has made their own window switch cable, haven't found anything so far.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member

Yea you can lower it down as you get better with it. I had that time in there due to me having I injury. Couldn't shift fast back then. lol

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Taking it to the track tonight. I'm a little paranoid about nitrous pooling up while with the wot shift function on.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Bringing back this thread from the dead, I used the same settings that where posted in here and trying out the 2-step I could not get it to work without bringing the TPS threshold V down from 1.71 to 1.10 is where I got it to actually hold. Anyone else have this problem?

bossmustang18

Established Member
with the nitrous not being cut just wired up mine makes a awesome back fire but should be fine unless it cuts fuel which it doesn't so spray on brother!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Im also curious to see what people have the shift settings at. Mine is at 200ms now and ill be trying it out at the track next weekend

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Bringing back this thread from the dead, I used the same settings that where posted in here and trying out the 2-step I could not get it to work without bringing the TPS threshold V down from 1.71 to 1.10 is where I got it to actually hold. Anyone else have this problem?

I have since moved on to an A6, but the settings that were posted here worked for me for awhile. After a great track outing, I went back a few weeks later and the car would come up on the two step, but as soon as I let the clutch go the car would throw a wrench light and go into limp mode. I had to nurse it down the track at 15mph, it happened 3 times in a row before I said **** it and took it out of the car.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
200ms is to slow. You'll need to lower it or it will buck between shifts

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member

Never had that happen.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Did any of you guys have the missfire codes turned off? I cant remember but I think I had mines taken off so when I engage the 2 step it happens without a issue.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Did any of you guys have the missfire codes turned off? I cant remember but I think I had mines taken off so when I engage the 2 step it happens without a issue.

BBR was tuning my car at the time and I mentioned the problem to them. They told me that they prefer to use the MSD 2 step and that's about as far as I got. I was already eyeballing an A6 car, so I just said the hell with it and starting pulling parts.

Users who are viewing this thread