Who will win the World Series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
1268Melberger said:
This series will probably have the lowest tv viewer rating ever....:bored:

I agree. Who would want to watch good pitching and timely hitting when you can watch a bunch of wildly overpaid bats hit .052 for a series swinging for the fences.

2003 Silver

Banned
DBK said:
I agree. Who would want to watch good pitching and timely hitting when you can watch a bunch of wildly overpaid bats hit .052 for a series swinging for the fences.

Me for one...and probably most of the viewing baseball audience.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Ever wonder why they made him wash "dirt" off his hand? Maybe the game has enough cheating involved and LaRussa has too much respect for the game of baseball as a whole to make a big deal about it. Either way he pitched lights out after it was gone. But still....

GO CARDS!!!

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
jspalmer01 said:
Dude...it was pine tar! He cheated and should be lifted for the series.

Another biased comment by a Cards fan..... It is kind of suspicious that he had the same little smudge in the ALCS, but whats funny is, everyone bitches about how "He cheated".... He gave up two hits. One was in the inning where he "cheated".... Then threw 7 more innings of ridiculous baseball. Cheated then? No.... He just owned the Cardinals.....

They were given PLENTY opportunities to win that game, and the Cards just couldn't do it. So blame it on cheating.....thats good sportsmanship right there!!!

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Werd. First off, I don't think it was pinetar. I'm sure he smudged up a shitload of dirt, rosin, and water and was rubbing up the ball with it. But even if it was, is this really new? It was raining and in the 30's. I couldn't even hold my nachos, let alone control a 92mhp fastball. This "story" is to tantalize people who obviously haven't been around baseball.

But it's a moot point, hand washed, he whooped their ass even harder. :-D

DBK said:
Werd. First off, I don't think it was pinetar. I'm sure he smudged up a shitload of dirt, rosin, and water and was rubbing up the ball with it. But even if it was, is this really new? It was raining and in the 30's. I couldn't even hold my nachos, let alone control a 92mhp fastball. This "story" is to tantalize people who obviously haven't been around baseball.

But it's a moot point, hand washed, he whooped their ass even harder. :-D

Right on.

jspalmer01

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
Another biased comment by a Cards fan...
They were given PLENTY opportunities to win that game, and the Cards just couldn't do it. So blame it on cheating.....thats good sportsmanship right there!!!

I did not say he did not pitch a great game without the pine tar...he did!! All I said was he was using an illegal substance and that is against the rules. I'm not BLAMING the loss on the incident...I agree...the Cards did not come through with the key hits and lost. Your last sentence is pure baloney.

Last edited:

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
Kenny Rogers must think we are all idiots. It's pretty obvious that was pine tar on his hand. However, I don't think it had much if any effect on him shutting out the Cards. Pitchers have been doing that for decades. Rogers was just stupid for making it so obvious. Also Cardinal fans should be the last ones to say anything about cheat players in the game. Need I mention Mark MacGuire :shrug:

Oh wait I forgot... nobody does steroids in baseball:rollseyes

2003 Silver

Banned
He's a cheater....Espn also has photo's of him pitching in July with a smudge on his hand...cold weather excuse doesn't hold water.

I found when pitching in college in the Northeast that it was easier to grip the ball in the cold than when it was hot/warm due to sweat getting on the ball....:shrug: ...that's just me thou.

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
DKS2814V said:
Another biased comment by a Cards fan..... It is kind of suspicious that he had the same little smudge in the ALCS, but whats funny is, everyone bitches about how "He cheated".... He gave up two hits. One was in the inning where he "cheated".... Then threw 7 more innings of ridiculous baseball. Cheated then? No.... He just owned the Cardinals.....

He cheated.... The pine tar on his hand will do the same thing before and after he "washes" his hand... Just cause u "wash" your hand the pine tar is still doing the same thing.. Go buy some pine tar put it on ur hand,"wash" it and tell me your hand is still not sticky....
I am a pitcher and trust me pine tar will help you when your pitching, not only w/ control but you can put different movement on the ball...
Im not a Card fan so u cant say "Im biased". I also think he should be out for the series and there should also be a punishment for next year...

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
129saleen said:
He cheated.... The pine tar on his hand will do the same thing before and after he "washes" his hand... Just cause u "wash" your hand the pine tar is still doing the same thing.. Go buy some pine tar put it on ur hand,"wash" it and tell me your hand is still not sticky....
I am a pitcher and trust me pine tar will help you when your pitching, not only w/ control but you can put different movement on the ball...
Im not a Card fan so u cant say "Im biased". I also think he should be out for the series and there should also be a punishment for next year...

You can make all the assumptions you want. The fact is, it was not proven to be pine-tar and no one can ever say it was.... There will be no punishment and all there will be is hearsay after that.

I'm not a big fan of Rogers, cause he is more often than not, an asshole, however, the dude made the Cardinals look like a bunch of Triple-A batters.......

MonkeysL

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
You can make all the assumptions you want. The fact is, it was not proven to be pine-tar and no one can ever say it was.... There will be no punishment and all there will be is hearsay after that.

I'm not a big fan of Rogers, cause he is more often than not, an asshole, however, the dude made the Cardinals look like a bunch of Triple-A batters.......

as carpenter did the tigers tonight

tankerman1981

Established Member
thought the tigers would pull it out after game 2 but after watching game 3 i am sick.... ahhhhh one mistake after another... ohh well still think the tigers will pull it out in the end....

Users who are viewing this thread