Working from home due to Corona Virus

jrandy

Established Member
Yup - our company gave the orders to work from home over a week ago.

We are lucky that our entire company can work remote and not have any real impact.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I am going to work but I am sitting in my office eating donuts and shopping online.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

trxcobra

Established Member
Mandatory WFH for my company until (at least) April 1st. I am in corporate finance for a national restaurant brand, very tough time for our industry. Feel bad for all of the small mom/pop restaurants.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
not only are the schools here closed until the 13th, but they also keep their Easter break. my wife works for a large corporation and she could easily work from home, but they are waiting on a final word today from corporate to make the decision. at least she can watch the kids while at home since they aren't doing anything for a month..

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
My company, is currently still trying to come up with a plan. The VPN won't handle +50k people working remote.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Our Governor just spoke. State offices are to remain open.

I'm at the main office downtown and we have 3 buildings, 5+ stories each, connected by skywalks so probably close to 1000 employees.

I guess they're going to wait until a central office employee test positive then be reactive having us work remotely.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Service Advisor here. We are open and no signs of shutting down, but we are being affected. We usually have 70 appointments and today we have 40.

Us too man. We have no signs of closing but our appointments typically for a monday around 130, today was 68. Usually when I answer the phone I make an appointment (or answer some BS question), but today they have been people cancelling appointments. My wife (a teacher) is off the next 2 weeks minimum, no word on if shes getting paid or not. I have no minimum pay or safety net as I'm sure you are paid the same. This might get rough

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Just got the news that I am going to be at home for the foreseeable future. If this gets into some of the Amazon/FedEx/UPS/USPS facilities that could create some really interesting scenarios. I feel really bad for those who own small business or in the service industry. Buying gift certificates is a good way to support your local businesses while they struggle.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Us too man. We have no signs of closing but our appointments typically for a monday around 130, today was 68. Usually when I answer the phone I make an appointment (or answer some BS question), but today they have been people cancelling appointments. My wife (a teacher) is off the next 2 weeks minimum, no word on if shes getting paid or not. I have no minimum pay or safety net as I'm sure you are paid the same. This might get rough
Yeah its going to. Just got word that we will be shutting down 3 hours early for next 3 weeks. And they are cutting us off at 40 hours and we usually work 50. So 10 hours a week of OT that we wont be getting. And just heard from another advisor at another dealership that he is getting cut to 30 hours.

Coiled03

Established Member
We've been directed to work from home if we have the ability and/or if we feel ill. My daughter's school is closed for the next 2 weeks. Though, I expect with yesterday's announcement from the CDC regarding gathers of more than 50, it will be closed for the duration of the school year before long.

Fortunately, the company I work for is 120K people, and $40B dollars. We should be ok, but that doesn't mean there won't be significant short term pain, all because of a massive over-reaction.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Posted: Mar 16, 2020 / 12:47 PM CDT / Updated: Mar 16, 2020 / 12:48 PM CDT
coronavirus-11-1-3-1-1-1-1.jpg

(Photo: courtesy MGN)

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to SMSSMSShare to EmailEmailShare to MoreAddThis
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The City of Little Rock has ordered a string of changes to take effect for its coronavirus response.

Mayor Frank Scott, Jr. on Monday afternoon revealed the following:

• All city facilities closing immediately
  • Events with 50+ people suspended
  • Citywide curfew starts Wednesday 12AM – 5AM

Little Rock mayor orders city facilities closed, curfew to start Wednesday

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Fortunately, both my wife and I can work from home. Prayers go out to those in the service industry that will be going without pay for the unforeseeable future. :(

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
As a car salesman, not only is working from home otherwise known as unemployed, I have to deal with the general public and all their nastiness coming in, sometimes for no other reason than because they have nothing better to do.

I've at least stopped shaking hands, but that's about all I can do.

I'll head down and wipe some boogers on steering wheels.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Yeah its going to. Just got word that we will be shutting down 3 hours early for next 3 weeks. And they are cutting us off at 40 hours and we usually work 50. So 10 hours a week of OT that we wont be getting. And just heard from another advisor at another dealership that he is getting cut to 30 hours.

You get OT? Never heard of it lol. We are straight commission. Doesn't matter how many hours I work its all on total sales. Basically if I don't have cars here or customers are spending all their money on toilet paper I don't make jack.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
You get OT? Never heard of it lol. We are straight commission. Doesn't matter how many hours I work its all on total sales. Basically if I don't have cars here or customers are spending all their money on toilet paper I don't make jack.
we are hourly plus 7% commission. Its minimum wage but it helps getting the overtime.

Users who are viewing this thread