Work Drudge race..Need help to embaress this stupid shit..

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Challenger has the 392. Those cars trap low teens BONE STOCK. Adding to this is a blower said to give 650 horsepower.

Even with 2 boss intake mani's you will get butt raped and there is nothing you can do about it. 3 of them, however, might get you to where you need to be.

N/A aint gonna happen dude. Just my worthless $.02.

ic thx

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
The only reason to delete the phasers are if you are going full retard(like 1200+ hp) or if you have a set of very very aggressive cams that aren't safe to use with the VCT(Over 520rwhp naturally aspirated). You will loose a lot of power down low and all over really by deleting phasers. If you have huge cams then you can in a way make up for it because you can gain a lot of high end high hp with the aggressive cam. Otherwise the small amount of weight you would save and hp you would gain, would in no way make up for all the hp you would loose from deleting VCT.

Thank you sir.. That makes a lot of sense actually..

I had an impression that the phasers were kinda a gimmick to spread torque band but weren't really needed.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
That guy with 515rwhp has roughly $3K in just camshafts and Cobra Jet parts. That's basically the cash for the On3 kit. I have the Cobra Jet setup and it wasn't cheap. You'll have a hard time beating him N/A.

You could do a Nitrous setup with turbos on the factory block. It all depends on how much Nitrous and boost you are using. My buddy uses a 50 shot to cool the intake charge.

Anyways, depending on your funds, I'd just not worry about other parts and order an On3 kit, seeing as that's your end goal.

If you want to beat him for pennies, I still suggest tires/tune and a 150 shot.

Thank Kush I may will have to look into the nitrous. Is that single rail on a upside down Boss Mani?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So could you post a meme that would explain what you would do to my car to have that not happen..... I came here for advice on what to add not stating the car will beat him as it sits.

I also asked for your advice to keep in mind the end goal of an ON3 kit. So the mods would have to not effect that.

But I do like memes

/thread

thx till next time begin svt de-rail....actual continue svt de-rail

dont get all butthurt. you asked a question and answered it yourself all in the first post. 1. What will make me win against a car that has 200+ more hp than me? 2. I will buy on3 turbos down the road.

AAANNNNNNDDDDD... done.

im quite shocked this one went on as long as it did.

KushBandit

Established Member
Thank Kush I may will have to look into the nitrous. Is that single rail on a upside down Boss Mani?

Yes it is. That Nitrous system was plumbed to have a stealthy appearance, so you don't see the solenoid/rail setup like you usually would when the hood is popped open. If you're still on the stock manifold, you won't be able to hide the Direct Port Nitrous setup like in that picture. You could get a plate kit, but I've heard of fuel pooling issues with the stock intake manifold, IIRC.

I suggest you just save your pennies and buy an On3 kit if you have the cheese, since that's your end goal.

Last edited:

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
dont get all butthurt. you asked a question and answered it yourself all in the first post. 1. What will make me win against a car that has 200+ more hp than me? 2. I will buy on3 turbos down the road.

AAANNNNNNDDDDD... done.

im quite shocked this one went on as long as it did.

More than one way to skin a cat.

I want N/A with minimal mods. keep in mind my end goal is a On3 kit.

I don't have to outrun him but he cant leave me smelling roses..

Like stated just would like to scare him before the turbos.. I know turbos are your answer they are mine in the end too. But if I can scare him for $1000 of Performance parts.. that will give me greater satisfaction than bolting on turbos and knowing I can put him on the trailer

Thx

Last edited:

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Yes it is. That Nitrous system was plumbed to have a stealthy appearance, so you don't see the solenoid/rail setup like you usually would when the hood is popped open. If you're still on the stock manifold, you won't be able to hide the Direct Port Nitrous setup like in that picture. You could get a plate kit, but I've heard of fuel pooling issues with the stock intake manifold, IIRC.

I suggest you just save your pennies and buy an On3 kit if you have the cheese, since that's your end goal.

Nice!

Well look like Im doing research on a Boss Mani and Nos for now

KushBandit

Established Member
Nice!

Well look like Im doing research on a Boss Mani and Nos for now

Right on. That setup will help you give your buddy a run for his money, if not beat him. Be sure to check out the classified section here, there's always someone trying to get rid of their "go-fast" parts.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Right on. That setup will help you give your buddy a run for his money, if not beat him. Be sure to check out the classified section here, there's always someone trying to get rid of their "go-fast" parts.

its the first place I look.. lots of good parts and good sellers on here:beer:

liter of cola

Established Member
if i was you i'd do the cj with cams a full exhaust and a tune from AED. you would scare his little balls back into place with that. nos is for pussy cats and you don't need e85 its only good for 10 hp. don't take shortcuts, spend the money you need to on your top end. that on3 kit will appreciate the cams and cj. Also get a supercharger not a on3 kit bro although i say don't think about boosting till your engine is bullet proof do some forged internals and bottom end before you boost, don't forget to get a stronger shortblock you will be a lot happier in the end. ;)

you can beat him n/a his car must weigh at least 4,300lbs with that supercharger kit.

you can take him with 500whp n/a but its gonna cost more than $1k

Last edited:

rotarymagic

Established Member
The only people that cry about nitrous are the ones getting beat by it. A bottle (150shot), tune, and drag oriented tires SHOULD be able to take this guy unless you can't drive. Apparently you guys in Canada have a badass tuner (Expert Tuning) based off the times I've seen coming out of cars for the mods done so you might want to go through them.

kdaly

Established Member
Remember guys, his car is heavy too. He has a vert. Take all the weight out of that pig that you can. Rear seat delete, everything in trunk, all the usual's that are free.

I'd put badass tires, tune, and nitrous to beat him. But that is if you need to beat him for cheap. You still wont get that for 1000 bucks tho. Just chill out and get the On3 and beat him when you can. Sounds to me like your gonna put your car in a wall trying to beat him as you want it so bad.
The only way I'd get spray is to cool it down and for a small bump. Your gonna need a lot of tire to handle it and not end up in the weeds.

Theres always someone thats faster, get used to it. Its not who bought the faster car/better platform, its who has more money..

clc44

Established Member
There's a video of a CJ set up dragging a tt challenger srt8. Most of it is in the start though. Get really good tires and drive the tar out of it. 0-100 should be the race. Good tire. 100-150 shot and drive it well and he'll get smoked!!!!

KushBandit

Established Member
There's a video of a CJ set up dragging a tt challenger srt8. Most of it is in the start though. Get really good tires and drive the tar out of it. 0-100 should be the race. Good tire. 100-150 shot and drive it well and he'll get smoked!!!!

I've seen that video. That's because that Challenger has a shitty STS turbo kit pushing 6 psi. Probably made the car slower.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Heh guys thanks for all the input!

Ya I don't have to beat him but just to scare the pants off him is the main goal...

Ill have to look into the Expert Tuning haven't heard of them. There is a crew out of Edmonton doing work with an LS powered Ford LTD.. pretty cool actually.

Ive contemplated blowers but I had a 2v with a kenne on it...it was fun but all of first and the better part of second was useless. Im hoping the turbos will have a smoother power delivery and the car will hook up. seeing how it is a fat assed convert.

So far Im going to be getting;
-all mighty Boss Manifold
-BAP
-Some form of Nitrous Outlet kit(100hp)
-302 R exhaust cam and valvespring upgrade
-MMR OPG while Im doing cam.
-Tuned for 91 oct(most readily available, 93 is around but have only seen it at two gas stations in my area and not very convienent to get)
-On the fence about Kooks Shorty headers I may just get the JBA kit from American muscle, headers, x-pipe and axle back. and then switch back to stock manifolds when can afford turbo.
-Defiantly header back exhaust(
-Hopefully upgrade clutch
-MGW shifter
-trans mount spacer

This will be the first step towards my final goal. And hopefully scare a few people in the mean time, preferably not me.

As far as my driving goes, Im not sure I haven't really got on this car yet as most of the time I have wife and toddler with me so driving the guts out of it hasn't really presented itself. I fancy myself a solid driver but everyone does. Hopefully get a lot of these parts in the next couple months, during the Christmas sales. Hard to take the 30 cent difference in the dollar right now, so strategic buying will have to be implemented.

thanks again everyone

I do have 10" slicks from the old car mounted on some steelys, not sure if bolt pattern is same or not. So long as they will bolt on tires are covered.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
With all you just mentioned you could get boost for cheaper.

Yes probably but that is not the point my friend... And everything listed will need to be done to take full advantage of any boost set-up. Without a built bottom end and 8psi think is playing with fire. Im hoping to end up around 6psi with boost in the end and will be relaying on the add on's to push me up to around 600rwhp safely.

With the dollar being in the tank currently I have to be careful to not fall victim the allure of boost and end up needing to replace a clutch, driveshaft, fuel system parts etc..right after I already dropped $5000+ to get install and tune a On3 kit. To easy to overpower components with the twins.

Yes I could FI the car and walk him. But wheres the fun in that?

kdaly

Established Member
Obviously its your choice, but 600rwhp is possible all day long with the right tuner and not be unsafe. If you want to be at 6psi then dont choose to be at 8psi....

You dont need clutch, driveshaft or fuel system... You will need BAP, intake, injectors, but that will come with the kit.

Well you asked how to embarrass the guy, were just trying to get you a solution to do so. And there is a lot more fun with boost and beating him, than doing your mods for the same price and getting worked by this guy.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I would be really embarrassed if I just dropped $14000+ TAXES for a kit and then a slightly worked over GT hangs close to me. First post stated very clearly I don't have to win.....yet.
Now if the GT has a twin turbo system and I lose, meh basically means nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread