Work Drudge race..Need help to embaress this stupid shit..

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I must be missing something.

Boss mani + 150 NOS + exhaust + cams + slicks + tune = slow piece of shit?

Considering a fellow just clicked an 11.7x on slicks / skinnies and in stock trim, I don't think Ill be slower than that

Most of you are saying something while saying nothing.

So tell me how that combo will be to slow to scare the crap out said challenger?

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Hey guys my friend has a car and he says that he would beat me in a race and he is dumb because he spent a bunch of money on a supercharger but i dont care about that im obviously going to beat him in the future when i go over 1000 hp but for now i just want to get close how do i not lose by a bunch and get laughed at for as little money as possible oh and its a convertible thanks for the help

Would you spend $14,000 on a kit and call yourself smart? Because nobody on here would.....
So I suppose because a car is a convert it is instantly a turd in your eyes, hmm so a vette is worthless, viper, lambo, termi, gt500, Shelby cobra(roadster but still no roof..phfff useless) all of those totally useless might as well burn them all.

Never said anything about a 1000hp not even once you dipshit, keep to putting things in your own mouth and not someone else's.
Still adding nothing ic. carry on

kdaly

Established Member
We just don't understand why you would choose cams and nitrous over boost. Its a retarded decision at best. You want mods that cant beat this guy, over mods that can. Pay the same, get less for your money power wise and usability. If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't even have started this thread in the first place.

Even your name states you want boost....

He aint gonna be scared when looking at you from his rear view mirror. Unless he has stock wheels tires, he isn't gonna have to work hard.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
We just don't understand why you would choose cams and nitrous over boost. Its a retarded decision at best. You want mods that cant beat this guy, over mods that can. Pay the same, get less for your money power wise and usability. If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't even have started this thread in the first place.

He aint gonna be scared when looking at you from his rear view mirror. Unless he has stock wheels tires, he isn't gonna have to work hard.

Nitrous and Cams will N O T cost the same as Forced Induction on a 5.0.

Cams installed will be around $1,500 if you pay for the cams new and another $1,000 for the NOS kit along with another maybe $500 for the install. All in all, around 3K for a car that will make over 500 RWHP / RWTQ. Cheapest kit I priced out when I was "curious" was around $5,000 not including labor and was a non-intercooled centri-blower. That didn't include a BAP, labor, tuning, etc.

I can understand why people are getting upset or confused by him. He is saying, he's going to buy a F/I setup eventually. Did the thought ever come across anyone's mind that maybe he is saving up to buy one outright and just wants a few go fast mods to have some fun and show a challenger his car isn't slow? That's the way I see it it. Then again, I'm not biased, blinded by fanboy-ism and don't feel the need to crap all over the guy.

Bolt-on 5.0's are very well capable of low 11's. Now think about some bolt-ons and say a 150 Shot. That's a mid 10 second car in cool weather, provided he gets the power to the ground. That will also save him money instead of buying a forced induction kit.

Is it logical to just buy the F/I if you're planning on it eventually? Sure is. Is it feasible at this point in the OP's life? Most likely not.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

Had boost already.....The name is more in reference to the entire package that is the cobra not just a supercharger, they are my holy grail car and one day I might be lucky enough to own one.

All in I plan to be with tune around $2500. if that means simply deleting the cats than so be it, Tell me where I can get boost system for that PLEASE TELL ME....

To those of you that have no problem spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on upgrades, great for you. But I have a 11/2 kid pregnant wife two houses two vehicles, renovations, and other various things that take precedence over spending money on the car. Not to mention I just have gone through a hail damage incident with the car, which helped decided to put on a different hood and body match paint all the valence and trim. Right now dropping 4k on a turbo plus tune, and clutch for a total of around 6K cdn dollars is just not going to happen. There is also the nagging desire to build a strip car, which unfortunately for me seems to have manifested itself at this time.

hope that clears the air a bit.

its very easy for you and others to look at the screen and decide decisively Im a ****ing crackpot. How ever when I said I was not going to boost I said for more reasons than you can see from a laptop.

Also the mods Im doing will play nicely with boost when I get there.

thx

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
[video]http://giphy.com/gifs/clapping-minions-osMIREQbo3s2c[/video]
Nitrous and Cams will N O T cost the same as Forced Induction on a 5.0.

Cams installed will be around $1,500 if you pay for the cams new and another $1,000 for the NOS kit along with another maybe $500 for the install. All in all, around 3K for a car that will make over 500 RWHP / RWTQ. Cheapest kit I priced out when I was "curious" was around $5,000 not including labor and was a non-intercooled centri-blower. That didn't include a BAP, labor, tuning, etc.

I can understand why people are getting upset or confused by him. He is saying, he's going to buy a F/I setup eventually. Did the thought ever come across anyone's mind that maybe he is saving up to buy one outright and just wants a few go fast mods to have some fun and show a challenger his car isn't slow? That's the way I see it it. Then again, I'm not biased, blinded by fanboy-ism and don't feel the need to crap all over the guy.

Bolt-on 5.0's are very well capable of low 11's. Now think about some bolt-ons and say a 150 Shot. That's a mid 10 second car in cool weather, provided he gets the power to the ground. That will also save him money instead of buying a forced induction kit.

Is it logical to just buy the F/I if you're planning on it eventually? Sure is. Is it feasible at this point in the OP's life? Most likely not.

Well that didn't work stupid gif....but ya he summed it up.....:beer:

Last edited:

kdaly

Established Member
Didnt you say you wanted an On3 Setup. Thats a sub 4k setup.

Cams are 1500 without install. Probably 2500 with install. Maybe more maybe less.

NOS is 1500 probably 2k with all the bells and whistles to run properly

IM is 450

Exhaust is 2k if you want a decent setup not including installation of the headers. Perhaps when you say exhaust you mean cat del, but if you want HP your gonna need full exhaust.

That is way over 4k.... Perhaps your getting install for free, i dont know.

You already said you had the money set aside, so i was taking yoru word for it.
sir, I have 2 homes too, and two cars and a GF, they aint cheap either.

Also you dont need a clutch for any of this if you are easy on it or not at 700. Im on my stocker.

This is the last im responding. Im not trying to be a dick but i took the info you gave me and used it. Calm down its not that serious.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Didnt you say you wanted an On3 Setup. Thats a sub 4k setup.

Cams are 1500 without install. Probably 2500 with install. Maybe more maybe less.

NOS is 1500 probably 2k with all the bells and whistles to run properly

IM is 450

Exhaust is 2k if you want a decent setup not including installation of the headers. Perhaps when you say exhaust you mean cat del, but if you want HP your gonna need full exhaust.

That is way over 4k.... Perhaps your getting install for free, i dont know.

You already said you had the money set aside, so i was taking yoru word for it.
sir, I have 2 homes too, and two cars and a GF, they aint cheap either.

Also you dont need a clutch for any of this if you are easy on it or not at 700. Im on my stocker.

This is the last im responding. Im not trying to be a dick but i took the info you gave me and used it. Calm down its not that serious.

that is good to know about clutch..

On3 kit @ beefcake is $3850 usd= $5012.3 CANADIAN DOLLARS this is very important part guys my current exchange rate is shit!( not including shipping customs and taxes either)

Yes I will be looking at a cat delete at this point which is going to be about a case of beer maybe less and some pipe.
Cams I will be doing install, there is enough videos, posts, helpful members and manuals available now to do it. And Im just upgrading to the boss exhaust cam I guess I didn't point that out my bad, This may blow up in my face if I don't have a clearanced head from factory as it would appear some were, but looking at what needs to be clearenced I believe it can be achieved on car with a good die grinder and some patience.
Tune around $1000 maybe less
Nos kit is $650usd with another $150 for purge not positive on bottle blanket.

My actual total will be closer to this;

Mani-450
Nos-900 ( hope to find used)
cam/springs-275
cat delete-50
specialty tools-200( may rent if available local)
OPG/Crank sprocket-450(will be waiting for winter sales)
tune-1000

total-3600cdn dollars which is way more than I want to spend. Money is there but with all factors considered Id rather have it there than not.

Im hoping to hit the market and find a few items used and save some more that way. I will be doing every single bit of wrench turning that I can and maybe even cutting and gutting the cats myself.

Ive taken this as a challenge to see just what I can do for little dollars as possible.

I was hoping you would say two girlfriends as well.LOL

I will be updating progress here from time to time.

thx

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
One thing to take into account. Turbo kits are not just "4K"

What about custom piping, install, tuning, etc. You'll be well over 5K after a turbo install.

Carry on :)

AKDMB

Established Member
Cams aren't needed, nor is an intake manifold. Nitrous, cat deletes, traction and a tune would be the cheapest way to get to a good power level to win the race and not be deep into the car before you boost it. The key would be learn how to get this setup to get traction and move out. You could sell the nitrous, you could keep the tuner(you would get a retune for boost), the traction modifications would stay, I don't know what the on3 setup uses exhaust wise, but I imagine you would be able to use the cat deletes in some way shape or form, if not, sell them. I'm not a street racer, but this sounds like the cheapest route to get the car to make power. All of this stuff is within most people's ability to install on their own too.

Last edited:

Dave07

Established Member
Had boost already.....The name is more in reference to the entire package that is the cobra not just a supercharger, they are my holy grail car and one day I might be lucky enough to own one.

All in I plan to be with tune around $2500. if that means simply deleting the cats than so be it, Tell me where I can get boost system for that PLEASE TELL ME....

To those of you that have no problem spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on upgrades, great for you. But I have a 11/2 kid pregnant wife two houses two vehicles, renovations, and other various things that take precedence over spending money on the car. Not to mention I just have gone through a hail damage incident with the car, which helped decided to put on a different hood and body match paint all the valence and trim. Right now dropping 4k on a turbo plus tune, and clutch for a total of around 6K cdn dollars is just not going to happen. There is also the nagging desire to build a strip car, which unfortunately for me seems to have manifested itself at this time.

hope that clears the air a bit.

its very easy for you and others to look at the screen and decide decisively Im a ****ing crackpot. How ever when I said I was not going to boost I said for more reasons than you can see from a laptop.

Also the mods Im doing will play nicely with boost when I get there.

thx

You have a kid on the way, grow up and put the money towards a college fund.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
You have a kid on the way, grow up and put the money towards a college fund.

thanks me and wife both put $100/ month into an RESP. I hope like hell he stays far away from what I do.. you know be doctor or astronaut not a grunt with some computer skills;)

200*12*18=43200 in principal hopefully it will clear $50k with interest earned. if that doesn't get an education in 18 years god help us all

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Cams aren't needed, nor is an intake manifold. Nitrous, cat deletes, traction and a tune would be the cheapest way to get to a good power level to win the race and not be deep into the car before you boost it. The key would be learn how to get this setup to get traction and move out. You could sell the nitrous, you could keep the tuner(you would get a retune for boost), the traction modifications would stay, I don't know what the on3 setup uses exhaust wise, but I imagine you would be able to use the cat deletes in some way shape or form, if not, sell them. I'm not a street racer, but this sounds like the cheapest route to get the car to make power. All of this stuff is within most people's ability to install on their own too.

I agree with you however the manifold I was warned can cause nitrous pooling issues which I believe would equate to a real good explosion.
Cams not sure I guess I just want them and the ability to spin her hard up to 7500rpm.
And yes traction is always the most important.

On3 uses stock manifolds and I think modified mid-pipe can't recall the mid-pipe for sure though

thx

nate714

Established Member
thanks me and wife both put $100/ month into an RESP. I hope like hell he stays far away from what I do.. you know be doctor or astronaut not a grunt with some computer skills;)

200*12*18=43200 in principal hopefully it will clear $50k with interest earned. if that doesn't get an education in 18 years god help us all

yes, it'll cost more than that. personal experience.

nate714

Established Member
Sorry, was short in the last post because it was late. Just don't send your kid to California for college with 50k; universities in California are absurdly expensive(and most B.A. degrees hold little value). Also, I wouldn't discourage your kid from doing skilled labor; in big metro areas like LA and SF, I'm pretty sure the HVAC techs make more than 95% of the people who wear a suit everyday and work in those buildings.

Anyway, on topic of your work race... what's the time frame look like? It'll be interesting to see the time slips between David and Goliath. Like you said it'd be embarrassing for him if you nearly matched him spending a fraction of what he spent. I don't understand why he'd call you out, he shouldn't even be concerned with beating an NA car. That'd be like me trying to race my neighbor's 350z....

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Sorry, was short in the last post because it was late. Just don't send your kid to California for college with 50k; universities in California are absurdly expensive(and most B.A. degrees hold little value). Also, I wouldn't discourage your kid from doing skilled labor; in big metro areas like LA and SF, I'm pretty sure the HVAC techs make more than 95% of the people who wear a suit everyday and work in those buildings.

Anyway, on topic of your work race... what's the time frame look like? It'll be interesting to see the time slips between David and Goliath. Like you said it'd be embarrassing for him if you nearly matched him spending a fraction of what he spent. I don't understand why he'd call you out, he shouldn't even be concerned with beating an NA car. That'd be like me trying to race my neighbor's 350z....

Ya I hopefully won't have to worry about Cali schools but you never know world is getting small. Skilled labour does pay well however I have hopes that with a little guidance he will be the first generation in my family to have a more office realted job, but just want to make sure I can afford what ever he wants in the end

Well lets just sum it up that he is a douchebag with an overinflated ego and a very self righteous attitude. In his mind it is just a challenger vs mustang race.. I know I know but he really is that dumb.

Time frame oh depending on the snow melt about six months maybe more somewhere around May I would figure. lots of time

Users who are viewing this thread