wont honor SVT warranty

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Read your manuals, guys. Dealers are independently owned and are not required to supply loaners. Most do because they want your business but some just don't want the hassle. Maybe they only have parts replacers instead of real mechanics and don't want tough Cobra repairs or maybe they are just d*cks. Best answer is to find a dealer who satisfies you and don't patronize the dealers who don't.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I once had a Chevy dealer (when I had my Z28) provide free loaners as a courtesy. The neat thing was that if they didn't have any cars available at the dealership for a loaner, they would give you an actual Avis rental car at no charge. Avis would drop the car off at the dealership and you would return it to the dealership. Very nice policy, but not something you'll typically see today, especially with both GM and Ford doing so poorly in sales. Instead of finding ways to better satisfy the customer, they focus on finding ways to cut costs. :-(

c0bra969

Custom title.
Established Member
when i had my car in the shop they said that my warranty gives me x amount of $$ for a rental an anything over that price i had to pay, like if the they warranty gives me 25$ A day for a rental an the car is 30$ I have to pay 5$ a day but it could be diff but thats what they did for me.

03COBRASILVER

Established Member
c0bra969 said:
when i had my car in the shop they said that my warranty gives me x amount of $$ for a rental an anything over that price i had to pay, like if the they warranty gives me 25$ A day for a rental an the car is 30$ I have to pay 5$ a day but it could be diff but thats what they did for me.

SVT warranty pays the dealership up to $28/day for a loaner vehicle for an SVT customer. The amount of days reimbursed to the dealership is unlimited per visit, with the one caveat to that being that if the dealership/technician takes too long to look at the vehicle, in SVT's opinion, they will limit the reimbursement. You have a couple of ways you can approach this situation. First, have the service advisor print out an Oasis report, show the service advisor the rental/loaner provision on the oasis report, trust me it's there. Let them know that they will get fully paid by SVT/Ford for your loaner vehicle. Something to keep in mind here is that if your servicing dealer does not have loaner vehicles, then they most likely have a special deal set up with a car rental agency. At the dealership I used to work at, we used Enterprise, and $28/day was enough money for us to put our customers into virtually any vehicle that Enterprise rented. If this tatic does not work, let your service advisor that you are going to call SVT to let them know the problems that you are having. If you are still not being ushered into a loaner vehicle you need to play your trump card at this time. Your trump card is the CSI (customer service index) survey. You need to let your service advisor know that when you get your survey, most warranty work at a Ford dealership gets a survey, you will absoutley trash both them and the dealership. This can affect both the service advisor's pay (most sa's are paid a percentage of their service sales, that percentage is usually based on their CSI scores) and also the amount of money that Ford pays a dealership. This money can come in lots of forms form dealer/manufacturer incentives to the warranty rate Ford pays the dealership. Best of luck to you. Just keep in mind that as long as you know the game and are of the mindset that you are going to push the dealership around, not the other way around, you can manipulate the system that Ford has established to your benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread