witness'd someone die today

svt_nick69

Established Member
So i was at the gym this morning doing my cardio and as im on the tredmill I noticed in the corner of my eye a older guy make a odd body movement. So I turn all the way around and I see this guy totally falling to the ground and I heard a big thud. All of a sudden I see 15 people running to his aid yelling to call 911 and start CPR. Then grab ( forgot name ) the electric shock starters for your heart. Was crazy. I made sure to stay until the ambulance got there. Then I took off. Not sure if he died, but his heart wasnt beating when I left and that was about 6 minuites after he fell over.

some crazy shit :eek:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
that sucks. When i worked at a supermarket in highschool a customer in the dairy section had a heart attack and died in the store. It was wierd.

crunchie12268

Established Member
i've seen this happen at the gym twice now... of course a lot of the alumni at my school use it and they are getting older.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
So i was at the gym this morning doing my cardio and as im on the tredmill I noticed in the corner of my eye a older guy make a odd body movement. So I turn all the way around and I see this guy totally falling to the ground and I heard a big thud. All of a sudden I see 15 people running to his aid yelling to call 911 and start CPR. Then grab ( forgot name ) the electric shock starters for your heart. Was crazy. I made sure to stay until the ambulance got there. Then I took off. Not sure if he died, but his heart wasnt beating when I left and that was about 6 minuites after he fell over.

:dw::dw::dw: I thought you witnessed someone die. :dw::dw::dw:

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Unfortunatly the guy probably died, less than like 8% of people live when they go into cardiac arrest (outside a hospital). This number can be slightly increased by people actually doing cpr right. I have done it to about 5-6 people and not one survived, you literally have zero chance outside the hospital especially when its an elderly person. Oh and the machine your talking about is a defribulator (or defrib). it actually shocks the heart to *stop* it not start it like most people think. And then you commence again with chest compressions to try and get it on track with a good beat.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
:dw::dw::dw: I thought you witnessed someone die. :dw::dw::dw:

If your heart stops, you're legally dead. It may restart, but for the amount of time that your hear was not beating, you are not alive...so yes, the OP did see someone die. Whether the man stayed dead or not is unknown.

Chuckler3

Zombie Survivalist
Established Member
If your heart stops, you're legally dead. It may restart, but for the amount of time that your hear was not beating, you are not alive...so yes, the OP did see someone die. Whether the man stayed dead or not is unknown.

zombie apocalypse is upon us?

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Unfortunatly the guy probably died, less than like 8% of people live when they go into cardiac arrest (outside a hospital). This number can be slightly increased by people actually doing cpr right. I have done it to about 5-6 people and not one survived, you literally have zero chance outside the hospital especially when its an elderly person. Oh and the machine your talking about is a defribulator (or defrib). it actually shocks the heart to *stop* it not start it like most people think. And then you commence again with chest compressions to try and get it on track with a good beat.

Yeah I was going to say that also. I learned it about a week or 2 ago. I like telling people that fact because it makes me sound really intelligent. :rolling::idea:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member

the girl in your avatar looks like she may need my help

03CobraDude

That sucks. One of our school janitors suffered a massive heart attack. He had to have QUINTUPLE bypass surgery... That's all five major arteries blocked. They said they were all blocked by at least 80% or more.

Just one week ago, he played in a faculty basketball scrimmage. He was damn lucky to survive. He's in recovery right now.. (sorry to hijack the thread) But keep him in your prayers and thoughts.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member

Are you in the Army or just have the logo? If you are in and you just watched, that is poor form. It is really sad if you wasted all the first aid training that you have. I have been in several situations where I had to perform first aid and usually you arent the only one on site. It is easy to feel like other people may know what they are doing more than you do, but in every situatuation I have been in that is not the case until help arrives. If you are in the military you have pretty good first aid training, trust yourself. FYI, im a SSG in the Army.. bottom line if you are in you should have done something. Dont brag about standing around to watch the show.

DCAN87

Established Member

0 chance? I do EMS (outside hospital) and I have 1 CPR save and I know someone whose been doing EMS for 3 years and has 4 CPR saves. I also know that there are about 10 or more CPR saves in a year in my area, out of maybe 30 actual working CPR's. So I think your numbers are a tad off. :rollseyes

The fact he was down for 6 minutes doesn't really mean anything, especially if he got early CPR. The key is to keep the heart moving blood. The real factor is whether the AED (Automated External Defibrillator) said "shock advised" or "no shock advised, continue CPR" The other factor is the early access to EMS, especially ALS (Advanced Life Support, aka. Paramedics) They can start IV's to push ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) drugs, intubate to secure an airway, and they have heart monitors so the can see the rhythm to see what's going on and if there's even a chance. There are different rhythms the heart can go into, and some can be brought back to sinus (The regular heart rhythm) and some can not.

You might be surprised, he may have been brought back. However, he might have been gone from he second he fell too. Keep us updated if you can, I'm curious. :beer:

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Are you in the Army or just have the logo? If you are in and you just watched, that is poor form. It is really sad if you wasted all the first aid training that you have. I have been in several situations where I had to perform first aid and usually you arent the only one on site. It is easy to feel like other people may know what they are doing more than you do, but in every situatuation I have been in that is not the case until help arrives. If you are in the military you have pretty good first aid training, trust yourself. FYI, im a SSG in the Army.. bottom line if you are in you should have done something. Dont brag about standing around to watch the show.

He hasnt even left for basic yet so he doesnt have any first aid training. The reason he was in the gym was because hes getting in shape for basic. It sounds like there were enough people there also.

Cheers brother:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread