Winter is coming...

Big Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
In Wisconsin they were driving clicks by predicting 20". Reality is about 6" and -10F. In either case it's just regular winter weather.

Western Wisconsin's snow depth is about a baby Jesus.

1671721402226.jpeg

VegasMichael

Established Member
Latest warning for my area. Only thing that's bothersome to me is that f'ing wind.

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 7 AM EST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow and strong winds expected. Total snow
accumulations of 6 to 10 inches. Winds gusting as high as 60
mph. A rapid switch from rain to snow with sharply falling
temperatures into the teens and single digits will result in a
flash freeze on Friday. From Friday afternoon through most of
the weekend, very strong winds, lake effect snow, and blowing
snow will produce localized blizzard conditions.

* WHERE...Monroe county. Greatest snow accumulation across western
portions of the county.

* WHEN...From 10 AM Friday to 7 AM EST Sunday.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Western Wisconsin's snow depth is about a baby Jesus.

View attachment 1774276

Maybe 3" of snow on the ground this morning in the Madison area, easy to remove light type. It's still snowing now but not too seriously.

As bad as Wisconsin winters can be I am very glad I do not live east of the Great Lakes.

_Snake_

Established Member
Semi nothingburger.

Media sensationalism makes $.
Besides, every reason under the sun for these evil mother****ers to frighten Americans.
They hate us, they hate Americans getting together, they hate Christianity, but love and worship the $ it generates.
If it bleeds, it reads. It’s all about viewership numbers.

Still not as bad as when a hurricane approaches though. The news makes it sound like the whole state of Florida is going to die.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If it bleeds, it reads. It’s all about viewership numbers.

Still not as bad as when a hurricane approaches though. The news makes it sound like the whole state of Florida is going to die.

I'm still waiting for FEMA to drop a grand or two my way when we have a cold, snowy winter... like this one - lol.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm still waiting for FEMA to drop a grand or two my way when we have a cold, snowy winter... like this one - lol.

This always gets me too. Like do you hear Wausau, WI, Houghton, MI or even Buffalo, NY screaming for federal money when we they dumped with snow? No, of course not and it's guaranteed to happen several times a year and those communities/states budget for it.

Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and even east coast states should have a couple billion slush fund to tap when a hurricane hits because it's essentially guaranteed to happen at least once every 20 years. Billions in federal money should not be used when people willingly choose to live in areas that will get hit by hurricanes.

Last edited:

noco5.0

Established Member
I've been in Colorado for almost 30 years and they are freaking out about -10 and 4-5" of snow. That has literally happened almost every winter I've been here. It's usually in January and not December but I'm not sure what the big deal is. It's going to be around 40 Saturday and close to 50 on Christmas Day.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I don’t know if I should have liked your post because you guys got slammed. Terrible situation.
All good, and yeah we did. It's still a mess here and will be for years. That said, it's gonna be cold Saturday and Sunday. Might actually have to turn the heat on seeing we have family Christmas Eve, and a bunch of friends/neighbors Christmas Day for brunch and booze. My wife is always so proud of me when I pop a beer at 8am those days. lol

big dad

Established Member
The ARGO is ready, and the EGO snowblower came out of the basement yesterday and went to its duty station in the front garage.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Makes my "feels like" temp of -14 seem balmy in comparison.

We are still slightly above 0 but that will be changing within the next 4 hours.
Yeah cold is cold really. Got to be careful that's for sure. I'm predicting at least -50 tonight. Wind gusts are picking up.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This always gets me too. Like do you hear Wausau, WI, Houghton, MI or even Buffalo, NY screaming for federal money when we they dumped with snow? No, of course not and it's guaranteed to happen several times a year and those communities/states budget for it.

Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and even east coast states should have a couple billion slush fund to tap when a hurricane hits because it's essentially guaranteed to happen at least once every 20 years. Billions in federal money should not be used when people willingly choose to live in areas that will get hit by hurricanes.
I would like to jump in here. I highly suggest you go through even a Cat 2 hurricane. It'll scare your ass with winds blowing 120. 120, I don't even close my shutters. Pretty sure a snow storm is not close to a hurricane, especially a big one with 140MPH plus Not sure a snow storm will cause wide spread damage like these things. Is your house unliveable, are the trusses even there? Y'all choose to live were it is cold, and dumps snows. FYI, I've never got a dime of FEMA $$. Come on down next storm, they're interesting.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
When did they start naming winter storms? This one is called Elliott. Why can't they ever give tough sounding names like Spike, Zane, Rocco, Diesel, Blade, Duke, Axel or something.

Looks like some cold temps and a mixture of rain, ice and snow depending on where one lives. Possibly up to two feet in some places but that's not really much to worry about.
The same time they changed their radar color map to "We're all gonna die red"

Turn off the weatherchannel man, they are a 100% absolute piece of shit

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I would like to jump in here. I highly suggest you go through even a Cat 2 hurricane. It'll scare your ass with winds blowing 120. 120, I don't even close my shutters. Pretty sure a snow storm is not close to a hurricane, especially a big one with 140MPH plus Not sure a snow storm will cause wide spread damage like these things. Is your house unliveable, are the trusses even there? Y'all choose to live were it is cold, and dumps snows. FYI, I've never got a dime of FEMA $$. Come on down next storm, they're interesting.

In @black4vcobra post, you could change the first couple of states and then substitute winter storm for hurricane and it would be the exact same thing

"Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and even east coast states should have a couple billion slush fund to tap when a hurricane hits because it's essentially guaranteed to happen at least once every 20 years. Billions in federal money should not be used when people willingly choose to live in areas that will get hit by hurricanes."

Every region has its fight with mother nature, you choose what fight you want to knuckle up for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread