Winter in the Great White North... ready for spring

skidad62

Established Member
Well we've been getting a storm every 4-5 days with 12"+ of snow since the 3rd week of Dec... been over 3 months since stang went to storage... I'm ready for spring.

Here's a few pics from today...

My neighbour across the street...

IMG_3430.jpg

My yard ... and I am gettin seriously tired of snowblowing....

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

Dreamin of summer again...

Aug2007030.jpg

Last edited:

stangaholic280

Established Member
Holy cow! Do people in Canada go about their daily lives with snow like that? Or does school/work shut down, etc?

I know in Texas, all life would cease to exist if we got snow like that. Hell, we got a few inches and everything closed for a week straight.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's what our town looks like. The snow is so high that it is hazardous making turns from side streets. You can't see oncoming traffic without pulling out a bit too far to check for cars. We've had a number of accidents as a result. Witnessed one just a week ago. I'm hating snow!! And I, too, can't wait for Spring....and Summer. :)

skidad62

Established Member
Holy cow! Do people in Canada go about their daily lives with snow like that? Or does school/work shut down, etc?

I know in Texas, all life would cease to exist if we got snow like that. Hell, we got a few inches and everything closed for a week straight.

Sadly we get pretty used to it - work might shut down for a 1/2 day once per season... schools do shut down if the storms are raging during the day... if it storms at night they are usually on.

We kinda just think of summer as 6 weeks of poor skiing. lol

Here's my backyard today

IMG_3437.gif

and summer....

stevepool.gif

Last edited:

91GT

Established Member

It depends on where in Canada you go. In some places, like the OP's location it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Where I currently live, (70 miles from Seattle) there would be a state of emergency declared.

tj04cobra

Established Member
Holy crap, I couldn't imagine! We had ice on the roads for a day and the city of Houston went into a "state of emergency"! It was nice, sunny and in the low 70's today tho!

rust0r

Established Member
On the plus side, no one is robbing your house, it would be like climbing a castle wall. I'm from southern ontario and want move on as it is, that much snow would make me kill myself.

Users who are viewing this thread