Winter claims another L...

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I posted this in pics/vids but I figured my L brothers would be able to recommend more.:beer:

DSC01860.jpg

DSC01855.jpg

DSC01860-Edit1.jpg

Well I finally made it back to Houston and this was my New Years gift.:cryying:

All the pics I have. It's right behind the first cylinder on the passenger side, so between #1 and #2. Best I can guess was that it was fairly cold the night it blew and I had it on summer tune. I babied it like usual but on one light I got into boost to get by it, and it seems that was just enough; no full-throttle, no racing, but enough I guess.

My first experience of watching coffee coming out of my motor, now known as water and oil mixed. The last thing I needed right now, but shit happens.

For you Houston guys, I'm going to be looking for a reputable mechanic to install the new motor, as well as looking for a new motor. I'm going to be going the "save money" route and just try to get a stock motor in, I don't have money to turn it into a rocket ship.

So any suggestions of where to look for motors would be appreciated.

Brahmus

SVT Cajun
Established Member
Ouch, I've seen a few stock longblocks for sale lately in the classifieds here, nloc and lightningrodder. Check them out.

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
Been there, done that, got the freakin tshirt. It sucks. I had to LOL about how you couldnt afford to turn it into a rocket ship.

I was in the exact same boat. Went with a reman long block. 20K miles later and all is still good. Good luck bro!

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Sorry to hear man, it has been too cold lately.... I will have my stock motor out of my 02 for sale soon... its a remanufactured motor and probably has around 20k on it. Its been great for me with a 2.3 Whipple on top... It was done in 03. I have to check, it may even have the 8 thread heads. Let me know if I can help you out. GL man!

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
had a high of 22* here today. my buddy called and asked how the L was loving this cold weather.....i said "oh this bitch is on a short leash, no boost for her today". I'm on motor #3, could've had a hell of a built truck by now...but I was retarded about it. oh well, fml. :shrug:

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
My buddy in FL said it was in the upper 20's today as well.. What's going on with Southern USA??! I might have to move back to Australia to escape the cold LOL

OxfordMach

You bet your ass its FAST
Established Member
were you runninga stock tune? if you were runninga tune was it a dyno tune or a mail order tune??

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Naturally it stops raining for days AFTER this happens. Been dying to wash it and take it for a spin.:bash:

Thanks, I appreciate it.:beer:

How cold was it when it happened?

Somewhere around 40*.

Here you go this is for you.

Rod_Chuckins_Sticker.png

:lol:, I feel somehow more connected to the 2nd gen forums now.:D

Sorry to hear man, it has been too cold lately.... I will have my stock motor out of my 02 for sale soon... its a remanufactured motor and probably has around 20k on it. Its been great for me with a 2.3 Whipple on top... It was done in 03. I have to check, it may even have the 8 thread heads. Let me know if I can help you out. GL man!

Thanks man.

had a high of 22* here today. my buddy called and asked how the L was loving this cold weather.....i said "oh this bitch is on a short leash, no boost for her today". I'm on motor #3, could've had a hell of a built truck by now...but I was retarded about it. oh well, fml. :shrug:

How were you retarded about it? Now I'm curious.

were you runninga stock tune? if you were runninga tune was it a dyno tune or a mail order tune??

Dyno tune.

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
What MAF are you running? We have had this crappy ass weather for a while up here and I have done my best to stay out of boost.

Users who are viewing this thread