will this hurt my car?

2003 dsg cobra

Established Member
ive got a stalling promblem my car was tunned tuesday 6/15/10. the car keeps stalling when ever i hold in the clutch never when im in gear cruisin. i raised the idle to about 1000rpm while idleing seemed to stop stalling when it did stall it would either drop down to 500 rpms(or lower) then pick back up or it would keep idleing down untill it stalled. my throttle pos sensor is good my maf seems ok alternator is also good. it threw a code yesterday reading p1506 idle control valve (iac) over speed error. my question is is this hurting my car buy stalling all the time and should i just buy a new ica and would i have to get it retunned if i do buy a new iac. its getting annoyingt i just want to drive my damn car :fm:.. any thoughts would be much apperciated thank u

2003 dsg cobra

Established Member
jdm engineering tunned it and its the second time its been there he told me to buy a new iac i did and it stopped stalling but it will still dropp a little my ecu(i think thats it) has been upgraded he said. my throttle body sensor is ok and so is everything eles ive been talkin to them there great guys jdm helps me out alot but wouldnt this just fix my promblem by getting a new iac?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
jdm engineering tunned it and its the second time its been there he told me to buy a new iac i did and it stopped stalling but it will still dropp a little my ecu(i think thats it) has been upgraded he said. my throttle body sensor is ok and so is everything eles ive been talkin to them there great guys jdm helps me out alot but wouldnt this just fix my promblem by getting a new iac?

JDM told you to buy a new IAC, which you did. The problem isn't fixed. The stalling started after JDM worked on the car the first time, right? It would seem to me that there is either an issue with their tune or with maybe some work they did. Since JDM started this ball rolling, I would take it back to them and have them diagnose and fix the problem. Best of luck.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
do you have a CAI? I know the K&N's FIPK have this issue big time. Mine had it before until I re-drilled some new holes to realign the MAF to the correct (stock) position.

Fat-cat

Established Member
do you have a CAI? I know the K&N's FIPK have this issue big time. Mine had it before until I re-drilled some new holes to realign the MAF to the correct (stock) position.

On stock tune this could happen.. but if the maff is clocked different than stock when the customer tune is done there should be no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread