Will Our 13-14 GT500's become obsolete due to no Parts

stanger1

Established Member
Group,
As I think about the future and keeping my 2013 GT500, I wonder in 4-5 years and beyond, will we be able to get replacement parts.
Seems like every week, another part for our cars is no longer available.
With the 5.0 everywhere, our 2 year motor and the special things about our car, seems like we may to stuck with a big parts shortage.
Thinking about this and I am not sure of our 13-14's futures.
Nobody can predict the future and maybe I am worried about nothing, but what do other 13-14 GT500 owner think?

Bad Company

Established Member
Yes this has had me set some parts aside for the future. I have a bare 5.8L block and a complete rear axle assembly with the Torsen diff. I'd like to find a set of 5.8L cylinder heads, the front cover, oil pan and intake manifold at some point. The transmission doesn't bother me as I'd love to upgrade to a PPG sequential gearbox conversion controlled by a Motec at some point, if I'd ever hit the lottery LOL

74SD455TA

Established Member
Having experience with other cars that I currently own, 1 being a 74 SD 455 Trans Am and another being 1969 Pace Car Camaro and lastly a 96 Mark VIII LSC, rest assured that parts availability will never be a problem. The aftermarket will take care of it. It is much more of a problem on my numbers matching cars where certain parts are irreplaceable, the GT 500's aren't like that so you'll have plenty of choices of parts to buy in the future going on for decades and it won't have a negative impact on cars price where with the numbers matching cars, you lose that and its very detrimental. Keep in mind too that there are those that are buying up parts to create a secondary market for parts in the future. For the GT 500's I sure do wish that they had a corresponding number stamped in the block to verify authenticity. My 13 GT 500 is DIB, no stripe, glass roof all options with appx 4K on the clock. (Sorry I can't upload pictures, don't own a smart phone or have any idea how to do it anyway) They will be around 50 years from now hands down.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Would be interesting to see a list of '13-14 specific items and if they're still available:

5.8 block
5.8 heads
5.8 TVS blower and intercooler brick
CF driveshaft
Wheels
Front bumper parts
Recaro seats
Brembo brakes

I know there are more unique parts but just off the top of my head, I wonder how many still available from Ford
-J

redline

Established Member
Would be interesting to see a list of '13-14 specific items and if they're still available:

5.8 block
5.8 heads
CF driveshaft
Wheels
Front bumper parts
Recaro seats
Brembo brakes

I know there are more unique parts but just off the top of my head, I wonder how many still available from Ford
-J
i guess my next move is to buy heads.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They could be like Vipers..parts are available, kinda...but there's definitely a premium.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Bad Company

Established Member
For the GT 500's I sure do wish that they had a corresponding number stamped in the block to verify authenticity. My 13 GT 500 is DIB, no stripe, glass roof all options with appx 4K on the clock. (Sorry I can't upload pictures, don't own a smart phone or have any idea how to do it anyway) They will be around 50 years from now hands down.
The block is stamped with the last 7 of the VIN. I'm not sure if there is a casting number that would give a date, time and shift of production, but there is an engraved code that is under the front timing cover that I believe has all this info if you could decipher it. The VIN is located on the rear of the block. The engraved production code under the front timing cover would make it hard for someone to use a replacement block and stamp the VIN in it to make it look as if that block was original to the car.

Bad Company

Established Member

5.8 block
5.8 heads
CF driveshaft
Wheels
Front bumper parts
Recaro seats
Brembo brakes

-J
The blocks are getting hard if not impossible to find.

the rear axles are no longer available.

cylinder heads are available

The other items I don't know and haven't looked for them. I imagine body parts will be around for a while. Interior parts that are Shelby specific may get harder to find, I know the leather shift boot of the Shelby is no longer available, but there is a Alcantra replacement for it.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That's honestly something I never thought about. I guess if I ever needed parts I would just upgrade, it would just suck if I broke my 5.8 block or heads

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That's honestly something I never thought about. I guess if I ever needed parts I would just upgrade, it would just suck if I broke my 5.8 block or heads
I'm going to order another set of front bumper splitters as they are impossibly difficult to keep fresh. To me those are the hardest specific parts and eventually will become obsolete like the Terminator front bumper lower plastics.
As far as the heads, there is a coolant passage between the exhaust valves, and there is at least one porting place that can drill early GT/GT500 heads to match the Trinity block.
Still, it's good to keep the '13-14 block/heads as a matching set if possible.
Anything else we don't have listed?
-J

Snoopy49

Established Member
Anything that other people discard when they do their mods. If these things every become collectible, ordinary parts will be the hardest to find.
Example, if you were looking for original parts for a 426 Hemi, exhaust & intake manifolds, starter motor heat shields, date coded parts, idle solenoids, mufflers, h-pipes, in other words all the stuff that was thrown out when mods were made..

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
If a part breaks I will just upgrade it.

If the engine somehow grenaded I’d put the most powerful stout engine in that would fit but this is one of the main reasons why my car is still bone stock. I’d rather be slower and last forever.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That's the reason I horded a bunch of parts for my L. If I had the space I'd start buying wrecks, breaking them down, and storing the good stuff.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
This is why I was never a fan of the 5.8 Block. With the 4.6 and 5.4 cars there is practically a limitless supply of blocks and heads. Granted you may need to go iron on the 5.4.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread